Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Ultra ultra extreme x budget super build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultra ultra extreme x budget super build

Poll Results: asdfghjkl

 
  • 22% (2)
    Its good for teh budget
  • 33% (3)
    dud, its **** plz go die nao k(I'm a troll).
  • 11% (1)
    Yeh, its fine.
  • 11% (1)
    Its okay.
  • 22% (2)
    Those are low quality components but its decent for the budget.
9 Total Votes  
post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Yep, here is a build I'm going to be ordering from newegg.ca soon as a budget gaming pc. What do ya'll think about it, feel free to offer suggestions but remember to stay under budget($460 + shipping and %12 sales tax).
post #2 of 16
Lol cable ties...

Build is good but you sure you don't need anything else? Case? DVD drive? CPU cooler to overclock that x3?
Coup de Etat
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.8Ghz ASUS 89GTDPRO/USB3 ASUS GTX460 DirectCU Top (768MB) @ 825/1650/1895 4GB Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1500 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, Seagate Freeagent 1TB ASUS 24x SATA Windows 7 64 bit ASUS VE198T @1440x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft 3000 Corsair TX650 Cooler Master Scout Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000 
Mouse Pad
Dragonball Z mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
Coup de Etat
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.8Ghz ASUS 89GTDPRO/USB3 ASUS GTX460 DirectCU Top (768MB) @ 825/1650/1895 4GB Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1500 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, Seagate Freeagent 1TB ASUS 24x SATA Windows 7 64 bit ASUS VE198T @1440x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft 3000 Corsair TX650 Cooler Master Scout Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000 
Mouse Pad
Dragonball Z mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by narabhut View Post
Lol cable ties...

Build is good but you sure you don't need anything else? Case? DVD drive? CPU cooler to overclock that x3?
I bet I can get a decent OC on stock I can't find anything that fits in the budget but is better then stock. I was looking at the direct contact coolers but they look ready to rip my motherboard off the motherboard tray.
post #4 of 16
If you are really on a budget then ditch the Seasonic PSU. No need for a top top top of the line PSU when the rest of your components are not.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh View Post
If you are really on a budget then ditch the Seasonic PSU. No need for a top top top of the line PSU when the rest of your components are not.
Should I get a silverstone or FSP? They are going for $45-$60 for 500W.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...-069-_-Product
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16817256061
I'd prefer the SeaSonic because of it being modular. Because I'll be using a MicroATX tower and I suck at cable management.
Edited by james_rich - 12/26/10 at 4:26pm
post #6 of 16
This Antec should be just fine.

EDIT: Just saw you wanted modular. With a 500W PSU, there are not that many cables. Only until you get up to 750w do you start to have a lot of crap hanging around. You will probably use every single cable coming out of any 500W PSU, so modular is not important.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh View Post
This Antec should be just fine.

EDIT: Just saw you wanted modular. With a 500W PSU, there are not that many cables. Only until you get up to 750w do you start to have a lot of crap hanging around. You will probably use every single cable coming out of any 500W PSU, so modular is not important.
I only need 1 x Molex, 2 x SATA, 1 x 6-Pin PCI-E, 1 x 4-Pin, 1 x 24-Pin Mobo. I can't begin to think of anything else I'd need which is why modular power supplies are so nice. ATX 2.01, sounds ancient
Edited by james_rich - 12/26/10 at 4:38pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_rich View Post
I only need 1 x Molex, 2 x SATA, 1 x 6-Pin PCI-E, 1 x 4-Pin, 1 x 24-Pin Mobo. I can't begin to think of anything else I'd need which is why modular power supplies are so nice. ATX 2.01, sounds ancient
Well the PSU only has 2 SATA, so those are both in use. 1 6-Pin, so that will be used up. 1 4-pin, so that will be used up. Of course it has the 24 pin, so that will be used up.

The PSU has 5 molex's. Basically, the molex's will be on two cords. One with 2, and one with 3. Since you are using only 1, then one of the cords will be used. This means that you will have ONE (1) extra cord hanging from the PSU. Now, if you want to spend an extra $15-20 so you don't have just one extra strand of Molex, then be my guest, but I thought this was a budget build. You could use that $20 for something else more useful.

As for the ATX v2.01 being ancient, it will work just fine. You won't notice any difference between that and a 2.3
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh View Post
Well the PSU only has 2 SATA, so those are both in use. 1 6-Pin, so that will be used up. 1 4-pin, so that will be used up. Of course it has the 24 pin, so that will be used up.

The PSU has 5 molex's. Basically, the molex's will be on two cords. One with 2, and one with 3. Since you are using only 1, then one of the cords will be used. This means that you will have ONE (1) extra cord hanging from the PSU. Now, if you want to spend an extra $15-20 so you don't have just one extra strand of Molex, then be my guest, but I thought this was a budget build. You could use that $20 for something else more useful.

As for the ATX v2.01 being ancient, it will work just fine. You won't notice any difference between that and a 2.3
I guess if I have to I could cut the molex cord off and cap the end. I hate molex cables. They are so annnnoying. What should I invest the extra money into. I can't get a decent video card because of the power supplies limitations.
post #10 of 16
Here is a link to a picture of the computer I built for my mom. I bought her a $30 Coolmax PSU. Looks fine, right?

No need to hack anything off, just find the right place to hide it. That way, if you ever need to upgrade, you can.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4720HQ Razer nVidia GTX 970m Integrated RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M.2 SSD Windows 10 Professional Integrated Integrated 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Trackpad/Razer Mamba/Razer Orochi Corsair (portable)/Steelseries (Desk) Integrated Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Ultra ultra extreme x budget super build