Originally Posted by tsm106
You don't wanna know. It's a long 7 hours, just wait to try the above first.
Well...I can guess. Let's just hope this works out. I'm honestly probably going to take a half day just so I can work this crap out to see if I have to order another card.. *sigh*
Edit: I'll probably get home in three hours. Stick around : )
Just fyi so you can verify the process I went through:
- I went and got Winflash, made a back up of the 6950 bios and put it in the winflash folder which I placed on my desktop
- Went and got the XFX 6970 bios and placed it in the winflash folder after renaming it unlock.bin
- At the command line: cd %userprofile%\\desktop\\winflash
atiwinflash -unlockrom 0 (the only card being the one in the primary slot)
atiwinflash -f -p 0 unlock.bin
- Reboot & reinstalled drivers
- Test. Fail.
- Switched the switch to 2 on the card, rebooted, switched back to 1, flashed back to 6950 bios using same process.
- Same suck performance after a good check out in gpu-z and cccEdited by cobe2121 - 3/22/11 at 10:22am