Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The 6950 to 6970 unlock thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 6950 to 6970 unlock thread - Page 38

post #371 of 437
Is the Sapphire Flex flashable?
Or should I buy a MSI R6950 (reference?

What should I do to unlock ONLY the shaders in the flex?
The Thing
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
The Thing
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #372 of 437
Does anyone know if this will work for the mobility versions of the card?
post #373 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gselwidi View Post
Does anyone know if this will work for the mobility versions of the card?
Negative, only on the Desktop Reference design, and certain non-Refference cards
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965  ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 2 x Radeon 6950 in Crossfire 8GB Corsair @ 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
60GB SSD, 2X 2TB HDD's Custom Water Cooling Win 7 Ultimate x64 24" LCD & 20" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Corsair AX1200 Antec Skeleton Steelseries KINZU Optical Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965  ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 2 x Radeon 6950 in Crossfire 8GB Corsair @ 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
60GB SSD, 2X 2TB HDD's Custom Water Cooling Win 7 Ultimate x64 24" LCD & 20" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Corsair AX1200 Antec Skeleton Steelseries KINZU Optical Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #374 of 437
Hey guys I need some help with diagnosing and fixing an issue.
I have a HIS 6950 2 gb. I flashed the shaders and added 6970 bios since I bought it. The card is clocked at 880/1375 and all was running fine for more than 2 months until couple of days ago. I tried running a game that usually ran great (NFS Shift 2) and the thing was running like **** all of a sudden (23/24 FPS and flickering when it was running at 50-60 at max specs before at 1080p). Tried Street Fighter 4 next (a game that does not need too great of a video card) and it was looking all jazzed up (colors were messy, the whole screen looked like a big blob of paints mixed together). I then ran a Furmark and got a measly score of like 450 or something at the 1080 burn test.
Does anyone have a clue what might have caused this? Cooling should not be a problem, the card is not running hot and the case has good ventilation. My PSU is rated at 850W (Rosewill extreme series 80+eff.). I updated to the latest catalyst (11.5 I think) NFS still runs like **** (at least it is not flickering anymore, before it was).
The only two reasons I could think of was that the card can't handle the flash anymore, or a recent OC of the CPU I did a day before the issues started is somehow affecting my card's performance (I have an ASRock P67 board with an i5 2400k that I OC-ed to 4.4GHz ).
Does anyone have a clue or have experienced a similar issue? Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.
post #375 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by todordd View Post
Hey guys I need some help with diagnosing and fixing an issue.
I have a HIS 6950 2 gb. I flashed the shaders and added 6970 bios since I bought it. The card is clocked at 880/1375 and all was running fine for more than 2 months until couple of days ago. I tried running a game that usually ran great (NFS Shift 2) and the thing was running like **** all of a sudden (23/24 FPS and flickering when it was running at 50-60 at max specs before at 1080p). Tried Street Fighter 4 next (a game that does not need too great of a video card) and it was looking all jazzed up (colors were messy, the whole screen looked like a big blob of paints mixed together). I then ran a Furmark and got a measly score of like 450 or something at the 1080 burn test.
Does anyone have a clue what might have caused this? Cooling should not be a problem, the card is not running hot and the case has good ventilation. My PSU is rated at 850W (Rosewill extreme series 80+eff.). I updated to the latest catalyst (11.5 I think) NFS still runs like **** (at least it is not flickering anymore, before it was).
The only two reasons I could think of was that the card can't handle the flash anymore, or a recent OC of the CPU I did a day before the issues started is somehow affecting my card's performance (I have an ASRock P67 board with an i5 2400k that I OC-ed to 4.4GHz ).
Does anyone have a clue or have experienced a similar issue? Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.
What version driver are you on? Is autoupdate enabled on both windows and in catalyst? AMD drivers now have an auto update feature that is automatically enabled. Let me know which version you are on. Your symptoms lead me to believe you have a software issue and not a hardware one.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #376 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
What version driver are you on? Is autoupdate enabled on both windows and in catalyst? AMD drivers now have an auto update feature that is automatically enabled. Let me know which version you are on. Your symptoms lead me to believe you have a software issue and not a hardware one.
My driver version is 8.85-110419a-118907C-ATI. Catalyst is 11.5.
In the Catalyst the "Automatically check for updates" button is checked and Windows auto update is on.
When I started having the issues initially I had Catalyst 11.2 and I believe the driver version from February of 2011 but that might have changed if this auto check for update feature has done something.
post #377 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Steve View Post
Negative, only on the Desktop Reference design, and certain non-Refference cards
Sorry I didn't mean the specific bios and methods as they are for desktop versions. I mean are the mobile versions of the 6950 and 6970 the same and will we be able to do the same to them as to the desktop counterparts once their respective bios are unlocked, modified, ect.
post #378 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by todordd View Post
My driver version is 8.85-110419a-118907C-ATI. Catalyst is 11.5.
In the Catalyst the "Automatically check for updates" button is checked and Windows auto update is on.
When I started having the issues initially I had Catalyst 11.2 and I believe the driver version from February of 2011 but that might have changed if this auto check for update feature has done something.
Windows update, iirc will update the driver which causes issues with catalyst. At this point I'd say download 11.6, run the exe, choose to uninstall. Once complete, go to programs features and uninstall all AMD apps. Reboot then install 11.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gselwidi View Post
Sorry I didn't mean the specific bios and methods as they are for desktop versions. I mean are the mobile versions of the 6950 and 6970 the same and will we be able to do the same to them as to the desktop counterparts once their respective bios are unlocked, modified, ect.
The 69xx mobile cores are based on the 68xx cores so there is no unlocking.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #379 of 437
Anyone running two unlocked cards in crossfire?
post #380 of 437
any1 know when we will see the 6950M in laptops? and which brands? i've searched all over the internet its like it's non existant. No mention of which manufacterers will have it also.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The 6950 to 6970 unlock thread