Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Low GPU usage in games GTX580
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Low GPU usage in games GTX580 - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Since you didn't fill the OS field of your specs I'll assume you're on Windows 7 x64.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...it-english.exe

This driver is claimed by some GTX 580 owners to be the best driver so far. You'll also need a modified inf: http://www.mediafire.com/?n19mrhfkt579i27

Copy over the inf into the folder the driver extracts to and overwrite the existing file. Then just run the setup.
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
does anyone know where i can buy a p45 board that can oc q9550s to 4ghz??
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128433

or check for sale section.
post #13 of 24
Looks like no more P45 mobos around.
This one should do it but its way overpriced.
http://www.compu-america.com/p45lga7...r2-t21368.html

Ur better off saving up an getting a I5760/P55/DDr3 combo.
The Liberator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5-750 @4Ghz (191x21) w 1.40v IMC @1.3v 24/7 ASUS P7P55D-E Pro SATA3 USB3.0 1002 BIOS EVGA GTX 580 @900/1800/2100 with 1.1v 4 GB GSkill Trident DDR3 2000 @1910 8-8-8-21 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 Samsung 1TB F3s in 2 RAID0 arrays LG 10X Blu Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Fully Tweaked) Samsung T260 26" LCD 1920x1200 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK Back-lit Gaming Keyboard Corsair AX 850 Gold CoolerMaster ATCS 840 Black +Silverstone CFP51 bay Logitech G5 original 
  hide details  
Reply
The Liberator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5-750 @4Ghz (191x21) w 1.40v IMC @1.3v 24/7 ASUS P7P55D-E Pro SATA3 USB3.0 1002 BIOS EVGA GTX 580 @900/1800/2100 with 1.1v 4 GB GSkill Trident DDR3 2000 @1910 8-8-8-21 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 Samsung 1TB F3s in 2 RAID0 arrays LG 10X Blu Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Fully Tweaked) Samsung T260 26" LCD 1920x1200 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK Back-lit Gaming Keyboard Corsair AX 850 Gold CoolerMaster ATCS 840 Black +Silverstone CFP51 bay Logitech G5 original 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
thx for the infos... i'll look those boards up... btw.. is it a good choice to buy a used board off ebay?? like a EP45-UD3P or something... just wondering if used boards are any good... reliabilities... what should i look out for??
Edited by xxlap1xx - 12/28/10 at 12:13am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
Since you didn't fill the OS field of your specs I'll assume you're on Windows 7 x64.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...it-english.exe

This driver is claimed by some GTX 580 owners to be the best driver so far. You'll also need a modified inf: http://www.mediafire.com/?n19mrhfkt579i27

Copy over the inf into the folder the driver extracts to and overwrite the existing file. Then just run the setup.
i see.. i'll give that a try... do you know what makes this inf so good about it?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 24
The inf is for compatibility. It adds support for video cards not normally supported by the driver.
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
thx for the infos... i'll look those boards up... btw.. is it a good choice to buy a used board off ebay?? like a EP45-UD3P or something... just wondering if used boards are any good... reliabilities... what should i look out for??
Should be alright, as long as seller has good ratings.
But even ebay don't have them much.
The Liberator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5-750 @4Ghz (191x21) w 1.40v IMC @1.3v 24/7 ASUS P7P55D-E Pro SATA3 USB3.0 1002 BIOS EVGA GTX 580 @900/1800/2100 with 1.1v 4 GB GSkill Trident DDR3 2000 @1910 8-8-8-21 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 Samsung 1TB F3s in 2 RAID0 arrays LG 10X Blu Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Fully Tweaked) Samsung T260 26" LCD 1920x1200 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK Back-lit Gaming Keyboard Corsair AX 850 Gold CoolerMaster ATCS 840 Black +Silverstone CFP51 bay Logitech G5 original 
  hide details  
Reply
The Liberator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5-750 @4Ghz (191x21) w 1.40v IMC @1.3v 24/7 ASUS P7P55D-E Pro SATA3 USB3.0 1002 BIOS EVGA GTX 580 @900/1800/2100 with 1.1v 4 GB GSkill Trident DDR3 2000 @1910 8-8-8-21 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 Samsung 1TB F3s in 2 RAID0 arrays LG 10X Blu Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Fully Tweaked) Samsung T260 26" LCD 1920x1200 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK Back-lit Gaming Keyboard Corsair AX 850 Gold CoolerMaster ATCS 840 Black +Silverstone CFP51 bay Logitech G5 original 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 24
Also be aware of an ongoing driver issues from both camps (AMD/Nvidia) when it comes to low GPU usage with the games you mentioned, stuttering, momentary super low frame rates and low GPU usage. There is a thread dedicated to this right here on Overclock.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/7883...usage-bad.html
post #19 of 24
Personally, I don't think you need to buy a new board or OC your CPU more at all (unless you planned to anyway, of course). PCI-E isn't an issue here nor is your CPU. As you already saw, in your case it was vsync, so there was nothing choking the card other than configuration.

As youre seeing from these posts, there are a LOT of driver issues with these new cards and lots of inconsistent results. Its pretty disappointing so far, really, as i personally expected the 580 to come out of the gate with awesome drivers since there is nothing new about it.

Also, if GPU util drops suddenly, keep an eye on temps. The 580 is very conservative with the fan to keep noise low and then throttles to keep temps down.

If you want to replace hardware, then by all means go for it (personally, I'd wait for the imminent release of the new Intel parts and save up for a new CPU *and* board in the interim rather than get a new board now), but don't buy new parts just for the 580 until the driver issues are sorted.
Edited by mlambert890 - 12/28/10 at 7:06am
Main PC
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3960x Asus P9X79-WS EVGA GTX Titan EVGA GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA GTX Titan 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz Crucial M4 SATA 3 LG BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ViewSonic VX2268WM ViewSonic VX2268WM 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ViewSonic VX2268WM Viewsonic VX2336S Logitech G510/G13 Thermaltake Tough Power 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li A77BF Razer Naga Razer Kabuto Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3960x Asus P9X79-WS EVGA GTX Titan EVGA GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA GTX Titan 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz Crucial M4 SATA 3 LG BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ViewSonic VX2268WM ViewSonic VX2268WM 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ViewSonic VX2268WM Viewsonic VX2336S Logitech G510/G13 Thermaltake Tough Power 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li A77BF Razer Naga Razer Kabuto Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert890 View Post
Personally, I don't think you need to buy a new board or OC your CPU more at all (unless you planned to anyway, of course). PCI-E isn't an issue here nor is your CPU. As you already saw, in your case it was vsync, so there was nothing choking the card other than configuration.

As youre seeing from these posts, there are a LOT of driver issues with these new cards and lots of inconsistent results. Its pretty disappointing so far, really, as i personally expected the 580 to come out of the gate with awesome drivers since there is nothing new about it.

Also, if GPU util drops suddenly, keep an eye on temps. The 580 is very conservative with the fan to keep noise low and then throttles to keep temps down.

If you want to replace hardware, then by all means go for it (personally, I'd wait for the imminent release of the new Intel parts and save up for a new CPU *and* board in the interim rather than get a new board now), but don't buy new parts just for the 580 until the driver issues are sorted.
Yah, I agree. What's the blah about buying new stuff and OC more. It was Vsync and driver, problem solved... partially.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Low GPU usage in games GTX580