Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › My 10.12 Experience - Horrible and Kinda Scary
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My 10.12 Experience - Horrible and Kinda Scary - Page 4

post #31 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by [xPt]FLuX View Post
no u dont, ati = uninstall drivers, reboot, install driver sweeper, reboot, boot safe mode and run driver sweeper, reboot, install normal drivers again and fetch fire extinguisher just in case, now repeat the process with older drivers because you have now realised your card computer thinks you have a intergrated gpu and you mouse lags
Come on now..that's plain lies. I don't know if you are trying to be funny or if you actually mean it, but these are complete exaggerations. When I update drivers, I click simply install, and everything does itself, I never had a problem. Obviously many people have had problems with drivers, but it's not at all company related. It's the nature of the drivers in general that sometimes turns out faulty. As Reflux said, fanboying is both 2008, both untrue. I've been switching between both companies for years, I never had any major issues with any of them.

So please, be realistic and spare everybody the exaggerations.
Current System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 4GHz Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 AMD Radeon R9 380X Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro EVO Seagate 500GB LG DVD Burner 3x Coolermaster 80mm + 2 Thermaltake 200mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 x64 LG TV LG Flatron W2361V Logitech K200 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Galaxy 850W Thermaltake Element S Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Steelseries QcK 
AudioAudio
Realtec HDA Lexicon Omega 
  hide details  
Reply
Current System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 4GHz Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 AMD Radeon R9 380X Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro EVO Seagate 500GB LG DVD Burner 3x Coolermaster 80mm + 2 Thermaltake 200mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 x64 LG TV LG Flatron W2361V Logitech K200 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Galaxy 850W Thermaltake Element S Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Steelseries QcK 
AudioAudio
Realtec HDA Lexicon Omega 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 60
10.5a with xfire profiles are THE BEST IMO for the 5xxx cards. IF the driver you had WORKED, then stick with it. 10.12 for my 6870s has been just fine. I hate the "ATI drivers suck" threads when people are doing it wrong.
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by infomancer View Post
You and me both should be scared.

This is what I think when I think about AMD making new drivers.
This is how I imagine AMD making drivers
    
CPUGraphicsRAMMonitor
1.66 Centrino Duo XFX5750 1GB GDDR5 @ 1x 2GB DDR2-667 Acer X233H 23" 1920x1080 
Power
Antec EA380 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMMonitor
1.66 Centrino Duo XFX5750 1GB GDDR5 @ 1x 2GB DDR2-667 Acer X233H 23" 1920x1080 
Power
Antec EA380 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 60
You guys should try the Catalyst Von Modded drivers on Guru3D. The 10.12's are running great for me in all of my games so far with these. I was having a load of problems with just the normal ones. Just follow the instructions in the Guru3D thread and the readme in his Mod Pack.

Also get the normal Control Center versions of the 10.12s from here, you will be using his utility to mod them yourself, and these worked best for me.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...win7-64.aspx#1

Here's a full explanation that I did in another thread.
Code:
Basically what you do is, download the latest 10.12 WHQL from AMD 



http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx



Make sure to get the Catalyst Software Suite, not the Preview Drivers.



Then download the Von Mod Pack v1.2 




http://www.filefront.com/17693074/AM...Pack%20v1.2.7z
http://www.multiupload.com/3W1B3NJN48




If you use an AMD chipset equipped motherboard. ie. 790GX,780G,890FX 
then go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and pick up the latest
chipset drivers that they offer for your model. 
You will need this installer later in this process.



Once you have the drivers and the Von Mod Pack ready, 
then do an express uninstall of all Catalyst Software from 
Control Panel --> Programs and Features.




Also uninstall your Crossfire Application Profiles.
The Von Mod Pack has its own that you will be installing later.




Once you have uninstalled your current drivers/app profiles, 
restart and when you get back into Windows go into your Device Manager 
(Right Click My Computer --> Properties --> Device Manager) 
and under Display Adapters, if your cards say ATi Radeon 5XXX/6XXX Series,
then right click and uninstall the driver and click Delete Driver Software. 



Keep doing that until they say Standard VGA Display Adapter, 
Action --> Scan for Hardware Changes if needed, 
and reboot if necessary until you get them to say Standard VGA Display Adapter. 





Once you have both your cards reading as Standard VGA Display Adapter 
you can begin the installation process.





The first thing you're going to want to do is go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2
folder and run the TwL cleaner utility. 
Follow its steps until all of the old driver remnants and reg keys 
are off of your system.




If you're on an AMD chipset (as mentioned above)
before you install your graphics drivers, you need to install your chipset drivers. 

Run the chipset driver installer that you downloaded from your Motherboard Manufacturer's Website.
Click Install and then make sure you click Custom and not Express. 
When you get to the page where you pick what to install, 
uncheck everything that is uncheckable except for the USB driver and the Northbridge Filter Driver
 (this will also install your SM_Bus driver). 
After that click install and when it is all done it will ask if you want to reboot. 
Click Reboot Later.





Now it's time to install the Catalyst Software Suite 10.12 drivers that you got from the AMD driver page. 
You can go ahead and click Express install on these, 
but I prefer Custom so that I can tell it not to install the HDMI Audio driver and the Lord of the Rings Trial. 
When the install is finished, it will ask again if you want to Reboot. 
Click Restart Later again, 
there is still one more thing to do before you Restart.






Go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2 folder again, 
and open up the subfolder that says AMD Catalyst Application Profiles- 
-(CAP)VonSwitcher 10.12 and run the CAP Switcher.cmd






It will ask if you want to install the 0kb Dummy File or the latest CAP
(the Dummy File is a 0kb fake file 
that fools the drivers into thinking the app profiles are installed, 
when they really aren't *it boosts performance in certain games, 
like Final Fantasy XIV but doesn't work good in others, like Black Ops*)

For now choose the latest CAP and when it finishes you can finally Restart your computer.






Once you've restarted, go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2 folder again and open up the Von Tweaks folder. 

Run the Von Tweaks.cmd and you're done!





Usually after this part, I go into my Device Manager, 
and disable my ATi HDMI Audio for both of my cards; 
as it interferes with my onboard sound and pisses me off royally. 
(If you actually use the HDMI Audio for something don't do this step)
post #35 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikren420 View Post
You guys should try the Catalyst Von Modded drivers on Guru3D. The 10.12's are running great for me in all of my games so far with these. I was having a load of problems with just the normal ones. Just follow the instructions in the Guru3D thread and the readme in his Mod Pack.

Also get the normal Control Center versions of the 10.12s from here, you will be using his utility to mod them yourself, and these worked best for me.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...win7-64.aspx#1

Here's a full explanation that I did in another thread.
Code:
Basically what you do is, download the latest 10.12 WHQL from AMD 



http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx



Make sure to get the Catalyst Software Suite, not the Preview Drivers.



Then download the Von Mod Pack v1.2 




http://www.filefront.com/17693074/AM...Pack%20v1.2.7z
http://www.multiupload.com/3W1B3NJN48




If you use an AMD chipset equipped motherboard. ie. 790GX,780G,890FX 
then go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and pick up the latest
chipset drivers that they offer for your model. 
You will need this installer later in this process.



Once you have the drivers and the Von Mod Pack ready, 
then do an express uninstall of all Catalyst Software from 
Control Panel --> Programs and Features.




Also uninstall your Crossfire Application Profiles.
The Von Mod Pack has its own that you will be installing later.




Once you have uninstalled your current drivers/app profiles, 
restart and when you get back into Windows go into your Device Manager 
(Right Click My Computer --> Properties --> Device Manager) 
and under Display Adapters, if your cards say ATi Radeon 5XXX/6XXX Series,
then right click and uninstall the driver and click Delete Driver Software. 



Keep doing that until they say Standard VGA Display Adapter, 
Action --> Scan for Hardware Changes if needed, 
and reboot if necessary until you get them to say Standard VGA Display Adapter. 





Once you have both your cards reading as Standard VGA Display Adapter 
you can begin the installation process.





The first thing you're going to want to do is go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2
folder and run the TwL cleaner utility. 
Follow its steps until all of the old driver remnants and reg keys 
are off of your system.




If you're on an AMD chipset (as mentioned above)
before you install your graphics drivers, you need to install your chipset drivers. 

Run the chipset driver installer that you downloaded from your Motherboard Manufacturer's Website.
Click Install and then make sure you click Custom and not Express. 
When you get to the page where you pick what to install, 
uncheck everything that is uncheckable except for the USB driver and the Northbridge Filter Driver
 (this will also install your SM_Bus driver). 
After that click install and when it is all done it will ask if you want to reboot. 
Click Reboot Later.





Now it's time to install the Catalyst Software Suite 10.12 drivers that you got from the AMD driver page. 
You can go ahead and click Express install on these, 
but I prefer Custom so that I can tell it not to install the HDMI Audio driver and the Lord of the Rings Trial. 
When the install is finished, it will ask again if you want to Reboot. 
Click Restart Later again, 
there is still one more thing to do before you Restart.






Go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2 folder again, 
and open up the subfolder that says AMD Catalyst Application Profiles- 
-(CAP)VonSwitcher 10.12 and run the CAP Switcher.cmd






It will ask if you want to install the 0kb Dummy File or the latest CAP
(the Dummy File is a 0kb fake file 
that fools the drivers into thinking the app profiles are installed, 
when they really aren't *it boosts performance in certain games, 
like Final Fantasy XIV but doesn't work good in others, like Black Ops*)

For now choose the latest CAP and when it finishes you can finally Restart your computer.






Once you've restarted, go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2 folder again and open up the Von Tweaks folder. 

Run the Von Tweaks.cmd and you're done!





Usually after this part, I go into my Device Manager, 
and disable my ATi HDMI Audio for both of my cards; 
as it interferes with my onboard sound and pisses me off royally. 
(If you actually use the HDMI Audio for something don't do this step)
This is the very first time I am hearing/reading about this. Interesting and worried at the same time. I have never faced problems with the catalyst drivers...sure it has few bugs in its CCC gui...
Darkstar
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 MSI P55A Fuzion XFX 6970 in Crossfire Mode (Dual x16) 8 GB DDR3-1860 Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 x 1TB (SATA II - 7200 RPM) in RAID 10 DVD-R/RW Win 7 64bit 3 LCDS (Eyefinity) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
usb generic Corsair HX 750Watts Lian Li A77F usb generic standard optical mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkstar
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 MSI P55A Fuzion XFX 6970 in Crossfire Mode (Dual x16) 8 GB DDR3-1860 Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 x 1TB (SATA II - 7200 RPM) in RAID 10 DVD-R/RW Win 7 64bit 3 LCDS (Eyefinity) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
usb generic Corsair HX 750Watts Lian Li A77F usb generic standard optical mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 60
drivers problems...the reason my next card could be an nvidia...
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Mclaren View Post
drivers problems...the reason my next card could be an nvidia...
People like you are a dime a dozen on this forum. MUST BE DRIVERS, BRO. MUST BE. GONNA BUY NVIDIA NOW BECAUSE I'M INEPT.
post #38 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikren420 View Post
You guys should try the Catalyst Von Modded drivers on Guru3D. The 10.12's are running great for me in all of my games so far with these. I was having a load of problems with just the normal ones. Just follow the instructions in the Guru3D thread and the readme in his Mod Pack.

Also get the normal Control Center versions of the 10.12s from here, you will be using his utility to mod them yourself, and these worked best for me.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...win7-64.aspx#1

Here's a full explanation that I did in another thread.
Code:
Basically what you do is, download the latest 10.12 WHQL from AMD 



http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx



Make sure to get the Catalyst Software Suite, not the Preview Drivers.



Then download the Von Mod Pack v1.2 




http://www.filefront.com/17693074/AM...Pack%20v1.2.7z
http://www.multiupload.com/3W1B3NJN48




If you use an AMD chipset equipped motherboard. ie. 790GX,780G,890FX 
then go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and pick up the latest
chipset drivers that they offer for your model. 
You will need this installer later in this process.



Once you have the drivers and the Von Mod Pack ready, 
then do an express uninstall of all Catalyst Software from 
Control Panel --> Programs and Features.




Also uninstall your Crossfire Application Profiles.
The Von Mod Pack has its own that you will be installing later.




Once you have uninstalled your current drivers/app profiles, 
restart and when you get back into Windows go into your Device Manager 
(Right Click My Computer --> Properties --> Device Manager) 
and under Display Adapters, if your cards say ATi Radeon 5XXX/6XXX Series,
then right click and uninstall the driver and click Delete Driver Software. 



Keep doing that until they say Standard VGA Display Adapter, 
Action --> Scan for Hardware Changes if needed, 
and reboot if necessary until you get them to say Standard VGA Display Adapter. 





Once you have both your cards reading as Standard VGA Display Adapter 
you can begin the installation process.





The first thing you're going to want to do is go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2
folder and run the TwL cleaner utility. 
Follow its steps until all of the old driver remnants and reg keys 
are off of your system.




If you're on an AMD chipset (as mentioned above)
before you install your graphics drivers, you need to install your chipset drivers. 

Run the chipset driver installer that you downloaded from your Motherboard Manufacturer's Website.
Click Install and then make sure you click Custom and not Express. 
When you get to the page where you pick what to install, 
uncheck everything that is uncheckable except for the USB driver and the Northbridge Filter Driver
 (this will also install your SM_Bus driver). 
After that click install and when it is all done it will ask if you want to reboot. 
Click Reboot Later.





Now it's time to install the Catalyst Software Suite 10.12 drivers that you got from the AMD driver page. 
You can go ahead and click Express install on these, 
but I prefer Custom so that I can tell it not to install the HDMI Audio driver and the Lord of the Rings Trial. 
When the install is finished, it will ask again if you want to Reboot. 
Click Restart Later again, 
there is still one more thing to do before you Restart.






Go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2 folder again, 
and open up the subfolder that says AMD Catalyst Application Profiles- 
-(CAP)VonSwitcher 10.12 and run the CAP Switcher.cmd






It will ask if you want to install the 0kb Dummy File or the latest CAP
(the Dummy File is a 0kb fake file 
that fools the drivers into thinking the app profiles are installed, 
when they really aren't *it boosts performance in certain games, 
like Final Fantasy XIV but doesn't work good in others, like Black Ops*)

For now choose the latest CAP and when it finishes you can finally Restart your computer.






Once you've restarted, go into the Von Mod Pack 1.2 folder again and open up the Von Tweaks folder. 

Run the Von Tweaks.cmd and you're done!





Usually after this part, I go into my Device Manager, 
and disable my ATi HDMI Audio for both of my cards; 
as it interferes with my onboard sound and pisses me off royally. 
(If you actually use the HDMI Audio for something don't do this step)
Von Modded 10.10e's ftw. All 10.12's did was make the 5970's second GPU stuck at 100% usage where it'd still report an idle temp.
Edited by Kand - 12/30/10 at 5:49pm
post #39 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post
People like you are a dime a dozen on this forum. MUST BE DRIVERS, BRO. MUST BE. GONNA BUY NVIDIA NOW BECAUSE I'M INEPT.
lol u mad ?? Im no fanboy dude...I dont care if my card is green or red...I just want good performance in my games...

but anyway, Im still with 10.9 best driver for me
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 60
I think the 10.12 issue was once again just a 5970 problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
Luminescence v2.2
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K 4.4Ghz @ 1.32v MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB G1 GAMING OC EDI... 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz @ 3200m... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Spinpoint 1TB 240GB Patriot Blaze SSD Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M x2 - LG 34UM95 Razer Black Widow Ultimate Thermaltake TR2 RX 850w Phanteks P400 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Naga 2014 Razer Goliathus LG Soundbar Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Wrath 
  hide details  
Reply
Luminescence v2.2
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K 4.4Ghz @ 1.32v MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB G1 GAMING OC EDI... 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz @ 3200m... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Spinpoint 1TB 240GB Patriot Blaze SSD Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M x2 - LG 34UM95 Razer Black Widow Ultimate Thermaltake TR2 RX 850w Phanteks P400 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Naga 2014 Razer Goliathus LG Soundbar Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Wrath 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › My 10.12 Experience - Horrible and Kinda Scary