Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Black Ops problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Black Ops problems

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
I was playing Black Ops for about an hour now, over that period of time it crashed about 5-6 times. There seems to be no real cause of this crashing, nothing I'm doing or anything like that, just plain random. This isn't 'a small bug' this is a huge problem. Its not like it crashes when you go in a certain random spot in the map. How the hell did they not notice this in the testing? Did they even test this game? Everything feels like it should be in beta or alpha testing stages.

Second of all is a ran into hackers already, this new game and there are several hackers. This really irritates me, its almost impossible to keep a good K/D ratio when some 12 year old on the other side thinks hes the man with his stupid little hack. I mean we can't even kick people in these dedicated servers (or a voting system like COD4). You can't even bring these people into Valve's eyes by reporting them (I know it wasn't very good but at least if they saw someone was being reported many times for the same reason they might look into it).

Thirdly is the guns, they are way to unrealistic and overpowered or underpowered. The AK74u somehow has better accuracy than nearly all other SMG's, its damage can kill in two shots in the foot even. The SMG's and Assault rifles seem to be roughly all the same; overkill and stupidly good at everything. Using a sniper is a huge disadvantage. I have only managed to use it in hardcore, where one shot to the head actually does kill someone. In TDM if I by mistake select my sniper, I would whip out my pistol as it seems to do better damage and have a better range.

Don't get me wrong, this game does have several good upsides. The credit system is a great idea, as well as the custom player tags. (although I have seen too many people who think its hilarious that they have a penis as their tag) The customization of this game is a great feature, but sadly it feels like that's the only thing they really did concentrate on. Well, not that hard, because the back and forwards arrows only go one way.

This game does look like it has a lot of potential, but it looks way too rough and unfinished. Treyarch/Activision need to get input from the community rather than just throw out another milked-off version of the COD series.
If they could realize all the problems that this game has, rather than just rolling in CODcash, maybe the community could help shape future COD's into something where people cant find anything to rant about because they don't need to.
Honestly I know people always say this, but there is a reason why COD4 has a lot of people still playing it. They just seemed to get it right then.

/rant
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 26
Well if you did any research on the game before you spent your money on it you would have seen all the issues with the game, nothing new.
post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubz View Post
Well if you did any research on the game before you spent your money on it you would have seen all the issues with the game, nothing new.
Yeah but when they said spawning issues, I thought maybe it was like MW2, where the spawning issues would happen every 100th spawn. But Black Ops, its 50/50 chance of spawning into a claymore, Napalm strike or into someones bullets. I have never heard about the crashing before and I really didn't expect hackers to be in this game already :O
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealex132 View Post
I was playing Black Ops for about an hour now, over that period of time it crashed about 5-6 times. There seems to be no real cause of this crashing, nothing I'm doing or anything like that, just plain random. This isn't 'a small bug' this is a huge problem. Its not like it crashes when you go in a certain random spot in the map. How the hell did they not notice this in the testing? Did they even test this game? Everything feels like it should be in beta or alpha testing stages.

Second of all is a ran into hackers already, this new game and there are several hackers. This really irritates me, its almost impossible to keep a good K/D ratio when some 12 year old on the other side thinks hes the man with his stupid little hack. I mean we can't even kick people in these dedicated servers (or a voting system like COD4). You can't even bring these people into Valve's eyes by reporting them (I know it wasn't very good but at least if they saw someone was being reported many times for the same reason they might look into it).

Thirdly is the guns, they are way to unrealistic and overpowered or underpowered. The AK74u somehow has better accuracy than nearly all other SMG's, its damage can kill in two shots in the foot even. The SMG's and Assault rifles seem to be roughly all the same; overkill and stupidly good at everything. Using a sniper is a huge disadvantage. I have only managed to use it in hardcore, where one shot to the head actually does kill someone. In TDM if I by mistake select my sniper, I would whip out my pistol as it seems to do better damage and have a better range.

Don't get me wrong, this game does have several good upsides. The credit system is a great idea, as well as the custom player tags. (although I have seen too many people who think its hilarious that they have a penis as their tag) The customization of this game is a great feature, but sadly it feels like that's the only thing they really did concentrate on. Well, not that hard, because the back and forwards arrows only go one way.

This game does look like it has a lot of potential, but it looks way too rough and unfinished. Treyarch/Activision need to get input from the community rather than just throw out another milked-off version of the COD series.
If they could realize all the problems that this game has, rather than just rolling in CODcash, maybe the community could help shape future COD's into something where people cant find anything to rant about because they don't need to.
Honestly I know people always say this, but there is a reason why COD4 has a lot of people still playing it. They just seemed to get it right then.

/rant
wow.

problem #1 - sorry to hear it. the game never crashes for me.

problem #2 - every fps has hackers; they are lame but they exist. dedicated servers means they CAN be kicked. find a GOOD community server with ADMINS that play regularly and you will not have this issue. also you CAN report them.. go watch them in videos ('my recent games' where your videos are stored automatically for you) if you truly believe they are hacking.. go to the friends tab (from the first page, bottom right corner).. then hit the tab for recently met (i think thats how its labeled, you'd have to be braindead to miss it).. find the player in the list and click.. then in the next screen click report.

problem #3 exaggerations dont help your point. i play a lot with the ak74u with a pistol grip attachment, certainly powerful no doubt, but it's not insta kill with a foot shot. i've dinked peoople plenty of times (hs) that they've survived (and this is in hardcore mode - though those shots were at range there is no missing that tell tale dink sound when you hit them in the face). sniper rifles are plenty powerful.. i love the wa2000 and it kills in one shot (again hardcore mode) most of the time! i never waste my time in tdm though.. so it's use in such a setting i cannot speak on. i play search and destroy hardcore on "tactical" servers with a strong admin presence and house rules enforced.

i wish more people would realize the problems they have are not always widespread to everyone else. thanks to my quadcore.. the games been pretty much perfect for me outside of day one when lag was hitting everyone.
Edited by lethal - 12/28/10 at 12:44pm
2012 Sandy
(16 items)
 
'07 Rig (Retired)
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 Deluxe Powercolor HD7950 G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X Series (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 310 120GB SSD Samsung F3 1TB 7200rpm Asus DVD Burner Zalman CNPS11  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated Corsair HX 750w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Corsair 650D Obsidian Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 Belkin Nostromo N52te 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Abit IP35 Pro Sapphire HD6850 GSkill DDR2 800 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 320gb Vista Home Premium 64bit Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Black Widow 850 Antec 900 Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 
  hide details  
Reply
2012 Sandy
(16 items)
 
'07 Rig (Retired)
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 Deluxe Powercolor HD7950 G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X Series (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 310 120GB SSD Samsung F3 1TB 7200rpm Asus DVD Burner Zalman CNPS11  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated Corsair HX 750w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Corsair 650D Obsidian Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 Belkin Nostromo N52te 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Abit IP35 Pro Sapphire HD6850 GSkill DDR2 800 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 320gb Vista Home Premium 64bit Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Black Widow 850 Antec 900 Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal View Post
wow.

problem #1 - sorry to hear it. the game never crashes for me.

problem #2 - every fps has hackers; they are lame but they exist. dedicated servers means they CAN be kicked. find a GOOD community server with ADMINS that play regularly and you will not have this issue. also you CAN report them.. go watch them in videos ('my recent games' where your videos are stored automatically for you) if you truly believe they are hacking.. go to the friends tab (from the first page, bottom right corner).. then hit the tab for recently met (i think thats how its labeled, you'd have to be braindead to miss it).. find the player in the list and click.. then in the next screen click report.

problem #3 exaggerations dont help your point. i play a lot with the ak74u with a pistol grip attachment, certainly powerful no doubt, but it's not insta kill with a foot shot. i've dinked peoople plenty of times (hs) that they've survived (and this is in hardcore mode - though those shots were at range there is no missing that tell tale dink sound when you hit them in the face). sniper rifles are plenty powerful.. i love the wa2000 and it kills in one shot (again hardcore mode) most of the time! i never waste my time in tdm though.. so it's use in such a setting i cannot speak on. i play search and destroy hardcore on "tactical" servers with a strong admin presence and house rules enforced.

i wish more people would realize the problems they have are not always widespread to everyone else. thanks to my quadcore.. the games been pretty much perfect for me outside of day one when lag was hitting everyone.

Hmmm, I think it might be my drivers causing me to crash, are you on 10.12 as well?
Also on hardcore the snipers are nice to use, but just try to go into a TDM and non-hardcore. It gets really hard .
I just think that many of the guns range needs to be reduced and powered down. They should try to focus the game more towards tactics and less towards who-ever camps and gets a killsteak will pwn. (aka solo game). I know this is ultimately up to the users, but if they could remove so many corners and hidey-holes and make the map more open with large objects of cover, it would be nice.
Also I suppose they tried to get rid of drop-shotting with that sliding effect, but all its caused is people to walk around and drop shot, jump around madly or if you accidentally do it as a reaction, you get punished with a slide where you cant fire/knife for about 2 seconds, which means you just got killed by a FAMAS/AK74u.
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealex132 View Post
Hmmm, I think it might be my drivers causing me to crash, are you on 10.12 as well?
Also on hardcore the snipers are nice to use, but just try to go into a TDM and non-hardcore. It gets really hard .
I just think that many of the guns range needs to be reduced and powered down. They should try to focus the game more towards tactics and less towards who-ever camps and gets a killsteak will pwn. (aka solo game). I know this is ultimately up to the users, but if they could remove so many corners and hidey-holes and make the map more open with large objects of cover, it would be nice.
Also I suppose they tried to get rid of drop-shotting with that sliding effect, but all its caused is people to walk around and drop shot, jump around madly or if you accidentally do it as a reaction, you get punished with a slide where you cant fire/knife for about 2 seconds, which means you just got killed by a FAMAS/AK74u.
for more tactical play within Black Ops I will gladly direct you to my favorite flavor of the game: Search and Destroy Hardcore! I play on BC or NC the majority of my time (use the server browser and sort by name) which both have Tactical rules in affect and are well admin'd! No jump shooting or hopping to avoid fire, no blind nades - must see, hear, or be told of your target, no hip firing - must use sights! These among other rules make for a very good experience for a lot of people, servers can be a bit hard to get in to at times (full) but very worth it. There are a number of other tactical servers as well, find one and enjoy. I snipe on Radar (i think thats the name) almost exclusively.

Any game with dedicated servers can afford the gamers an experience they desire. Either someone will have a server that suits your play, or you can rent your own with the rules you prefer. The key is an active admin community on said servers to enforce the rules and the experience.

edit: I'll check my driver version when home later and PM ya. I'm just not certain right now.
Edited by lethal - 12/28/10 at 2:17pm
2012 Sandy
(16 items)
 
'07 Rig (Retired)
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 Deluxe Powercolor HD7950 G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X Series (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 310 120GB SSD Samsung F3 1TB 7200rpm Asus DVD Burner Zalman CNPS11  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated Corsair HX 750w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Corsair 650D Obsidian Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 Belkin Nostromo N52te 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Abit IP35 Pro Sapphire HD6850 GSkill DDR2 800 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 320gb Vista Home Premium 64bit Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Black Widow 850 Antec 900 Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 
  hide details  
Reply
2012 Sandy
(16 items)
 
'07 Rig (Retired)
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 Deluxe Powercolor HD7950 G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X Series (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 310 120GB SSD Samsung F3 1TB 7200rpm Asus DVD Burner Zalman CNPS11  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated Corsair HX 750w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Corsair 650D Obsidian Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 Belkin Nostromo N52te 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Abit IP35 Pro Sapphire HD6850 GSkill DDR2 800 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 320gb Vista Home Premium 64bit Asus VH236H @ 1920x1080 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Black Widow 850 Antec 900 Logitech G500 FUNC surface1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 26
I remember seeing a player prone in second floor in nuketown and the funniest thing happened..

His foot was sticking out of the house, i see his shoe and i'm like "huh?"

So i shot him and he died lol. He was confused and checked killcam and realized it was a legit kill. So funny and how stupid the maps are when it comes to prone positions in corners lol. So funny. You can't expect black ops to be realistic enough. It's just fast paced games. You want a game with close realism? Play bfbc 2.

Not nearly everyone is a hacker. I seen players good as me, it's all about focusing and FAST reflexes. Really i think it's so DAMN pointless to cheat in fps cuz it provides no challenge and experience especially with inferior human skills. Game is nearly too easy and i NEVER cheat in fps.

Although i admit i used wallhacks in cod 1 a few years ago and i felt how horrible it is to be a cheater and i'm always winning cuz i can see through walls. So i decided to uninstall it and play like a true gamer ever since. Know i know how everyone feels ever since. I have my fair share encounters against cheaters and i win eventually because i like to show them that skills can be a winner to overcome against cheating. Cheating doesn't make you a better player especially if you got low self esteem. Use your head and get buck!

I can play this game max. Have you ever deleted your mp_config? Set /multithreaded_device to 1? It's default on zero so the game is gonna run on 1 core, you need extra cores so set it to 1. There are a few mp config tweaks to get increase performance.

When the patch came out i had problems cuz i was playing the game at x16 but they capped it to x8 so i deleted my config and it installed a new one then set my original settings edited in the config and now i play FLAWLESS and smooth and no lag. Well i have been playing with no lag but i started to realize in the end i was playing with the wrong ratio in the beginning which is probably why i had minor problems. All is gone now.


Oh another thing.. for the love of god.. if you don't live in US area don't bother visiting us servers. Seriously find a closer server to your country or state. Check the pings and move your cursor to the flags and it shows their locations. Best judgement is to find a very close server the lower your ping is and the faster your performance is ingame. Remember that!
Edited by 78@pwnt4lif3 - 12/28/10 at 2:21pm
post #8 of 26
My favorite is blasting someone with a few bullets only to have them turn around and kill you outright with the swipe of a knife to the chest. I'm not sure how this has been tolerated by FPS fans for so long, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine.

Knife to the head I would understand, but I'm pretty sure bullets to the chest would cause more damage than a slash of a knife to the abdomen.
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
Reply
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 View Post
My favorite is blasting someone with a few bullets only to have them turn around and kill you outright with the swipe of a knife to the chest. I'm not sure how this has been tolerated by FPS fans for so long, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine.

Knife to the head I would understand, but I'm pretty sure bullets to the chest would cause more damage than a slash of a knife to the abdomen.
Actually you need to remember.. bulletproof vests LOL.. some players have hardline. Some don't and get lucky.

I know what you mean about bullets up CLOSE when knifing encounters.. they should DIE first. lol.
post #10 of 26
I'm pretty sure bulletproof vests would prevent you from immediately dying from the slashing motion of a knife as well.

How would Hardline help with that?
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
Reply
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Black Ops problems