Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Overclocking AMD Phenom X6 1055T Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking AMD Phenom X6 1055T Questions - Page 3

post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
alright thanks for the advice... do I need memory cooling too?
Also can anyone post a link to some motherboard cooling for the GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3? that would be great
Edited by olclwarrior - 12/29/10 at 6:16pm
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 26
Thread Starter 
anyone??
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 26
Your memory should have sufficient heatsinks on them. Good luck with your OC, I just put my newly purchased M4A89GTD PRO in and am currently 3 hours into a prime95 small FFT test @ 3.8GHz. I could only boot at 3.5GHz with my Giga 890XA UD3 board because of the HT Ref wall (FSB wall) was right around 250. It's different for each board so I would try to OC before I bought a heatsink for the motherboard. Also I have to say the Prolimatech Megahalem I'm using performs very well and you should consider it.
Edited by Moheevi_chess - 12/30/10 at 4:21am
post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moheevi_chess View Post
Your memory should have sufficient heatsinks on them. Good luck with your OC, I just put my newly purchased M4A89GTD PRO in and am currently 3 hours into a prime95 small FFT test @ 3.8GHz. I could only boot at 3.5GHz with my Giga 890XA UD3 board because of the HT Ref wall (FSB wall) was right around 250. It's different for each board so I would try to OC before I bought a heatsink for the motherboard. Also I have to say the Prolimatech Megahalem I'm using performs very well and you should consider it.
alright yeah ive decided not to get memory cooling but i did switch my motherboard to a MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by olclwarrior View Post
alright yeah ive decided not to get memory cooling but i did switch my motherboard to a MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870
Stay away from MSI, get Gigabyte or preferably ASUS (this is the board I have and swear by http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131402). You can get an 8+2 phase VRM that will make your overclocks better for about $100. Orient all your case fans as intakes NOT exhausts to blow cool ambient air onto your components (that NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel's a decent case by the way. Check out Rosewill's Challenger as a better alternative.). Even with a stock heatsink the 1055T is one of the best overclockers AMD has ever produced and is practically guaranteed to hit 3.8 GHz with default settings and voltage. With cheap and minimal preparations you can get 4 GHz on practically every one of them. Adequate case air flow, a better heatsink and motherboard will get you where you want to go and you already have a nice case.
Edited by MicroMiniMe - 12/30/10 at 5:24pm
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8120 ASUS M5A99X EVO (Beta BIOS 0810) Powercolor HD6970 (2 gig) Factory OC'd to 940 MHz Mushkin DDR3 1600 1.35v (2X4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial RealSSD C300 (RAID 0 64 gig x2) Lite-On SATA Windows 7 Pro X64 ASUS MS226 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850 Watts Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Red LED's Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8120 ASUS M5A99X EVO (Beta BIOS 0810) Powercolor HD6970 (2 gig) Factory OC'd to 940 MHz Mushkin DDR3 1600 1.35v (2X4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial RealSSD C300 (RAID 0 64 gig x2) Lite-On SATA Windows 7 Pro X64 ASUS MS226 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850 Watts Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Red LED's Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMiniMe View Post
Stay away from MSI, get Gigabyte or preferably ASUS (this is the board I have and swear by http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131402). You can get an 8+2 phase VRM that will make your overclocks better for about $100. Orient all your case fans as intakes NOT exhausts to blow cool ambient air onto your components (that NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel's a decent case by the way. Check out Rosewill's Challenger as a better alternative.). Even with a stock heatsink the 1055T is one of the best overclockers AMD has ever produced and is practically guaranteed to hit 3.8 GHz with default settings and voltage. With cheap and minimal preparations you can get 4 GHz on practically every one of them. Adequate case air flow, a better heatsink and motherboard will get you where you want to go and you already have a nice case.
Alright ive decided to go with that motherboard... good reviews on newegg is it 6.0gb/s though is my question? and also could you link me to a vrm cooler for it or is the Enzotech MOS-C1s the best or the Enzotech MOS-C10s or should i get different ones? and also wait will 3 120mms and a 140mm case fans be good?

Oh yeah is the onboard sound good? or should I buy another sound card?

And Im looking at the RAIDMAX Quantum ATX-798WB Case because it has 5 included fans do you know if it is good?
Edited by olclwarrior - 12/30/10 at 6:10pm
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
    
Motherboard
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Overclocking AMD Phenom X6 1055T Questions