Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Guns in Video Games
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Guns in Video Games - Page 5  

post #41 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati;11819708 
WOW.

do you really think that if i were to say the ninja silently made his way across the room? That the ninja made no sound at all? If so, you are wrong, because regardless of how silent you are, you make sound in a step, or moving, or breathing, just because you dont hear it at a distance or at all for that matter, doesnt mean that it was void of sound entirely.

i can sneak into my computer room and to me i didnt make a sound, but my hedgehog hears me coming. According to your definition i wasnt silent.

then he is truely not a NINJA! ninja.gif
post #42 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyblunting View Post
Haha look at you... this is a joke... Is this really the best you can do?
I give up. You're either a 12 year old, a moron, or a 12 year old moron, any of which is preventing you from understanding things on an adult level.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
post #43 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post
No. Silencer is the proper term. Just because it has the word silence in it doesn't change what it means. Get a dictionary before making statements like that next time.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/silencer

"a device for deadening the report of a firearm"
Oh how thou art incorrect regarding my argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theintrepidmontti View Post
Ok then your sig is incorect... for your gfx cards you have it listed as 2 gb total even though it will only use 1 gig in sli...



see how fun nit picking is
Uh ok? Congratulations you win? Denoting 2gb has nothing to dow ith seperating my cards fromt he more common 512mb versions which in sli would be 1gb? I know what ur saying, but if you want to nitpick me you better be conclusive about it. But you are not so guess you lose.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
post #44 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post
I give up. You're either a 12 year old, a moron, or a 12 year old moron, any of which is preventing you from understanding things on an adult level.
Thank you for the insults, I'll consider them and report back to you.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
post #45 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyblunting View Post
Oh how thou art incorrect regarding my argument.



Uh ok? Congratulations you win? Denoting 2gb has nothing to dow ith seperating my cards fromt he more common 512mb versions which in sli would be 1gb? I know what ur saying, but if you want to nitpick me you better be conclusive about it. But you are not so guess you lose.
its like arguing with a wall... and you already have them listed as 1 gig.... the point is your basicly arguing tomato tomato (enunciated diferently)...
kaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3.0 @ 4.05 (450 x 9) EVGA nForce 750i SLI MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB 850/1900 OCZ SLI 4gb 800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74gb Raptors in RAID 0 + 1.5 tb WD Green yes Windows 7 Profesinal x64 dual 24" samsung syncmasters 
PowerCase
600w OCZ Modx antec 900 
  hide details  
kaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3.0 @ 4.05 (450 x 9) EVGA nForce 750i SLI MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB 850/1900 OCZ SLI 4gb 800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74gb Raptors in RAID 0 + 1.5 tb WD Green yes Windows 7 Profesinal x64 dual 24" samsung syncmasters 
PowerCase
600w OCZ Modx antec 900 
  hide details  
post #46 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theintrepidmontti View Post
its like arguing with a wall... and you already have them listed as 1 gig.... the point is your basicly arguing tomato tomato (enunciated diferently)...
Well for the vast disparity of intelligence on tha intrawebz, it generally helps to distinguish that which isn't necessarily explicit.

Just an FYI

AND NO.
MY ARGUMENT
IS
Silencer, no matter how widespread in usage, is incorrect terminology. There is ABSOLUTELY NO ARGUMENT THERE. It is adamant and finite. Whether you see it or not. Silence is silence. period.

Besides, this was a side point to my OP. Its sad you guys had to derail it just to nitpick over something that you know is right but cannot accept because it is used by everyone.

Have any of you shot a suppressed gun before? "silence isn't what comes to mind"
Edited by grizzlyblunting - 12/29/10 at 1:09pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 (4.20 ghz @ 1.312v) Asus p6T are for nerds 6gb Corsair xms3 6-6-6-18 @1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb Lite-on 24x dvdr/w Win 7 64 Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Legitech Illuminated Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 Cooler Master 690 Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
big ol fatty 
  hide details  
post #47 of 163
Actually SLi does not double your available ram, take for instance back when Nvidia first offered up SLI you could SLi your 256mb. 6800GT with your 512mb. 6800GT but you would only be able to use 256 mb. of Vram.

it is a common mistake perpetuated by video card manf. to make their dual core cards sound like they had way more ram.
Pa's Puter
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 i930@4.2ghz. Gigabyte EX58-UD4P EVGA GTX 970 FTW + GSkill DDR3-1600 12 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo SSD  DVDROM EK supreme HF Cu gold plated/ XSPC 480 Windows 7 Pro. 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 27EA63 IPS monitor merc stealth Corsair TX850 Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
logitech G5 Rocketfish dual surface Creative Xfx extreme and Zalman 5.1 headphones 
  hide details  
Pa's Puter
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 i930@4.2ghz. Gigabyte EX58-UD4P EVGA GTX 970 FTW + GSkill DDR3-1600 12 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo SSD  DVDROM EK supreme HF Cu gold plated/ XSPC 480 Windows 7 Pro. 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 27EA63 IPS monitor merc stealth Corsair TX850 Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
logitech G5 Rocketfish dual surface Creative Xfx extreme and Zalman 5.1 headphones 
  hide details  
post #48 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyblunting View Post
Oh how thou art incorrect regarding my argument.



Uh ok? Congratulations you win? Denoting 2gb has nothing to dow ith seperating my cards fromt he more common 512mb versions which in sli would be 1gb? I know what ur saying, but if you want to nitpick me you better be conclusive about it. But you are not so guess you lose.
well. anyone that knows anything about computers saw it say 2 x 9800 GT 1gb. they would automatically know you meant that it was 2 of the 9800 GT 1gb, adding the 2 GB total doesnt help anyone, because the people who dont understand still would not understand, and would also not know that when using sli/crossfire the memory is filled with the same information.

someone put a silencer on this guy.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #49 of 163
but it is explicit... you state it already...
kaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3.0 @ 4.05 (450 x 9) EVGA nForce 750i SLI MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB 850/1900 OCZ SLI 4gb 800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74gb Raptors in RAID 0 + 1.5 tb WD Green yes Windows 7 Profesinal x64 dual 24" samsung syncmasters 
PowerCase
600w OCZ Modx antec 900 
  hide details  
kaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3.0 @ 4.05 (450 x 9) EVGA nForce 750i SLI MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB 850/1900 OCZ SLI 4gb 800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74gb Raptors in RAID 0 + 1.5 tb WD Green yes Windows 7 Profesinal x64 dual 24" samsung syncmasters 
PowerCase
600w OCZ Modx antec 900 
  hide details  
post #50 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
well. anyone that knows anything about computers saw it say 2 x 9800 GT 1gb. they would automatically know you meant that it was 2 of the 9800 GT 1gb, adding the 2 GB total doesnt help anyone, because the people who dont understand still would not understand, and would also not know that when using sli/crossfire the memory is filled with the same information.

someone put a silencer on this guy.

wasn't there a 2gb. 9800Gt at one time
Pa's Puter
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 i930@4.2ghz. Gigabyte EX58-UD4P EVGA GTX 970 FTW + GSkill DDR3-1600 12 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo SSD  DVDROM EK supreme HF Cu gold plated/ XSPC 480 Windows 7 Pro. 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 27EA63 IPS monitor merc stealth Corsair TX850 Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
logitech G5 Rocketfish dual surface Creative Xfx extreme and Zalman 5.1 headphones 
  hide details  
Pa's Puter
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 i930@4.2ghz. Gigabyte EX58-UD4P EVGA GTX 970 FTW + GSkill DDR3-1600 12 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo SSD  DVDROM EK supreme HF Cu gold plated/ XSPC 480 Windows 7 Pro. 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 27EA63 IPS monitor merc stealth Corsair TX850 Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
logitech G5 Rocketfish dual surface Creative Xfx extreme and Zalman 5.1 headphones 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Guns in Video Games