Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Just got my 570 ,Barely faster than my OC'd 470 in Heaven
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just got my 570 ,Barely faster than my OC'd 470 in Heaven - Page 2

post #11 of 38
I got my PNY GTX470 to 5200 in basic 3D Mark11 and the 570 only scores 5300 with a faster cpu than my stock i7 860. I kepy my 100 dollars that buying the 570 instead woul have cost. But there are other benefits with temp, noise, gpu usage fixed, etc. , so the 570 is worth the money but not if you have a 470 OCed.
Mick Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Stock i7-860 Intel H57/5 Series 3400 Chipset PNY GTX470 XLR8 1gb 8gb Kingston ddr3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Cav. 1tb 7200rpm Samsung DVD+/-RW 24x Windows 7 Home Pre. 64x Dell 24" LCD ST2410f 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Gaming LCD Thermaltake TR2 600w Dell Studio 8100 Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
Allsop Diamond 
  hide details  
Reply
Mick Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Stock i7-860 Intel H57/5 Series 3400 Chipset PNY GTX470 XLR8 1gb 8gb Kingston ddr3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Cav. 1tb 7200rpm Samsung DVD+/-RW 24x Windows 7 Home Pre. 64x Dell 24" LCD ST2410f 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Gaming LCD Thermaltake TR2 600w Dell Studio 8100 Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
Allsop Diamond 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 38
Thread Starter 
I just found that out .My 470 was Ice cool ,this thing is like an oven in the room again. As of right now , I feel like I made a huge ,mistake. I just caught Graphics card fever ,with all these new cards that just came out , the bug got me !! Now I will have to wait for Zalman to make a cooler for this beast ,and shell out another $80 to super cool this .That thing was unbelievable ,and totally silent . I will say the 570 is quieter than a stock 470 though ,but it feels almost as hot.
post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutty1998 View Post
I just found that out .My 470 was Ice cool ,this thing is like an oven in the room again. As of right now , I feel like I made a huge ,mistake. I just caught Graphics card fever ,with all these new cards that just came out , the bug got me !! Now I will have to wait for Zalman to make a cooler for this beast ,and shell out another $80 to super cool this .That thing was unbelievable ,and totally silent . I will say the 570 is quieter than a stock 470 though ,but it feels almost as hot.
It should be about as hot... think about it the TDP is the same, the power is just dissipated better... INTO YOUR ROOM. No cooling system is going to somehow make heat disappear, even a water cooler just transfers to heat to somewhere else.
Sandy Bridge-E
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930K C2 4.8GHz ASUS Rampage IV Extreme NVidia GTX480 SLI NVidia GTX480 SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Skill Ripjaws-X 32GB Crucial M4 128 OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Green Seagate Barracuda Green Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 SP1 Professional x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Dell U2211H Topre Realforce 86UB Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF-X Steelseries Xai Razer Goliathus ASUS Xonar STX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2.3Ghz GT 650m 8GB 256GB Samsung SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy Bridge-E
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930K C2 4.8GHz ASUS Rampage IV Extreme NVidia GTX480 SLI NVidia GTX480 SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Skill Ripjaws-X 32GB Crucial M4 128 OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Green Seagate Barracuda Green Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 SP1 Professional x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Dell U2211H Topre Realforce 86UB Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF-X Steelseries Xai Razer Goliathus ASUS Xonar STX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2.3Ghz GT 650m 8GB 256GB Samsung SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutty1998 View Post
I just found that out .My 470 was Ice cool ,this thing is like an oven in the room again. As of right now , I feel like I made a huge ,mistake. I just caught Graphics card fever ,with all these new cards that just came out , the bug got me !! Now I will have to wait for Zalman to make a cooler for this beast ,and shell out another $80 to super cool this .That thing was unbelievable ,and totally silent . I will say the 570 is quieter than a stock 470 though ,but it feels almost as hot.
GF110's biggest improvement over GF100 is cooling. I tired explaining this to another member but he wouldn't have it and just kept rehashing that GF100 was a joke and on and on. GF100 is a very nice enthusiast chip and with aftermarket cooling can overclock very well. If I was you I would of waited for Kepler later this year which will annihilate both GF100 and GF110.
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1121 View Post
GF110's biggest improvement over GF100 is cooling. I tired explaining this to another member but he wouldn't have it and just kept rehashing that GF100 was a joke and on and on. GF100 is a very nice enthusiast chip and with aftermarket cooling can overclock very well. If I was you I would of waited for Kepler later this year which will annihilate both GF100 and GF110.
This.

Better cooler =! inherently cooler chip
Sandy Bridge-E
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930K C2 4.8GHz ASUS Rampage IV Extreme NVidia GTX480 SLI NVidia GTX480 SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Skill Ripjaws-X 32GB Crucial M4 128 OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Green Seagate Barracuda Green Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 SP1 Professional x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Dell U2211H Topre Realforce 86UB Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF-X Steelseries Xai Razer Goliathus ASUS Xonar STX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2.3Ghz GT 650m 8GB 256GB Samsung SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy Bridge-E
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930K C2 4.8GHz ASUS Rampage IV Extreme NVidia GTX480 SLI NVidia GTX480 SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Skill Ripjaws-X 32GB Crucial M4 128 OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Green Seagate Barracuda Green Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 SP1 Professional x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Dell U2211H Topre Realforce 86UB Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF-X Steelseries Xai Razer Goliathus ASUS Xonar STX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2.3Ghz GT 650m 8GB 256GB Samsung SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 38
Thread Starter 
True ,TME .Even the Zalman ,moved the warm air into my case ,raising my ambient ,instead of shooting it out the back like the stock cooler ,so I placed a 80mm fan ,on the back of my case ,right under it ,and it sucked out the heat ,lowering my ambients .I can not seem to find an option to raise my Voltage in Afterburner. I went into settings ,but nothing. I am using V.1.10. Won't even let me adjust my fan. Extreme tuner HD will let me crank my fan ,but no voltage adjustment .Could someone let me know what to use to raise my Core Voltage? Thanx.
post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutty1998 View Post
True ,TME .Even the Zalman ,moved the warm air into my case ,raising my ambient ,instead of shooting it out the back like the stock cooler ,so I placed a 80mm fan ,on the back of my case ,right under it ,and it sucked out the heat ,lowering my ambients .I can not seem to find an option to raise my Voltage in Afterburner. I went into settings ,but nothing. I am using V.1.10. Won't even let me adjust my fan. Extreme tuner HD will let me crank my fan ,but no voltage adjustment .Could someone let me know what to use to raise my Core Voltage? Thanx.
You may have to download the new beat version of MSI afterburner, I think there is one specifically fro 570 support.
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 38
All the talk about hot 4xx series but my 470 is Oced800/1600/1800 and I only have one case fan in my Studio case never over 85c at 65% fan. The 5770 I had before ran about same temps but a little higher at idle and sometimes hit 90c, so I have had no temp issue or noise only a little driver aggravation and getting it to fit in my case due to pci power plugs location. Maybe next winter I'll upgrade unless I have FAILURE yipes!
Mick Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Stock i7-860 Intel H57/5 Series 3400 Chipset PNY GTX470 XLR8 1gb 8gb Kingston ddr3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Cav. 1tb 7200rpm Samsung DVD+/-RW 24x Windows 7 Home Pre. 64x Dell 24" LCD ST2410f 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Gaming LCD Thermaltake TR2 600w Dell Studio 8100 Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
Allsop Diamond 
  hide details  
Reply
Mick Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Stock i7-860 Intel H57/5 Series 3400 Chipset PNY GTX470 XLR8 1gb 8gb Kingston ddr3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Cav. 1tb 7200rpm Samsung DVD+/-RW 24x Windows 7 Home Pre. 64x Dell 24" LCD ST2410f 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Gaming LCD Thermaltake TR2 600w Dell Studio 8100 Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
Allsop Diamond 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahMick View Post
All the talk about hot 4xx series but my 470 is Oced800/1600/1800 and I only have one case fan in my Studio case never over 85c at 65% fan. The 5770 I had before ran about same temps but a little higher at idle and sometimes hit 90c, so I have had no temp issue or noise only a little driver aggravation and getting it to fit in my case due to pci power plugs location. Maybe next winter I'll upgrade unless I have FAILURE yipes!
Yeah, basically a completely overblown issue. With proper case cooling the temperatures are fine, with after market cooling fermi shines. Next Winter and you can upgrade to Nvidias next chip Kepler.
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 38
Thread Starter 
I finally got the newest version of Afterburner,which has allowed me to add voltage .I got it to 850 core on 1.63 v.Not entirely sure if it is stable ,but Played Warhead for a while with no crash. I noticed a big jump in Kombustor . @800x600 ,my 470 would do about 120 fps ,my 570 OC'd now around 138 fps. Crysis seems a little less choppy . Overall ,though ,I was more than fine with my 470 ,and just blew $150 for not much more than something to tinker with ,I guess.Thanks for all the input everyone. I really enjoy learning from the mad scientists here on OCN !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Just got my 570 ,Barely faster than my OC'd 470 in Heaven