Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Need input one wich cpu to go with
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need input one wich cpu to go with - Page 3

post #21 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddagger View Post
kk i think i will defently go with that.. but just wondering im looking on new egg and i know i been askign prity much every question... but i been out of the game for good 6 years... but out of the companys that make a graphic card with the Ati chip..who woudl be better to look at?
Sapphire seems to be the top dog these days. Gigabyte and Asus are always decent options. MSI has a great non-reference cooler design in the Twin Frozr (but they haven't released a 6950 with it yet). I remember nobody liked any of the 4000-series cards from XFX, but I heard they have gotten better since then.

All in all, I think it's a toss-up between all these companies. Go for the one that has better cooling, warranty, or bundle, or a combination of those.
Edited by decimator - 12/30/10 at 5:42pm
post #22 of 66
Thread Starter 
hey im looking at this cards to usebut it says its PCI Express 2.1 x16 but the mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131644
says its use's 2.0 now will this still fit? and if it does is that going to cause me not to get the full speed of the graphic card?
post #23 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddagger View Post
hey im looking at this cards to usebut it says its PCI Express 2.1 x16 but the mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131644
says its use's 2.0 now will this still fit? and if it does is that going to cause me not to get the full speed of the graphic card?
Don't be worried about that. There currently isn't a PCIe specification for motherboards above PCIe 2.0.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
PCI Express 2.1

PCI Express 2.1 supports a large proportion of the management, support, and troubleshooting systems planned to be fully implemented in PCI Express 3.0. But, the speed is the same as PCI Express 2.0.
post #24 of 66
Thread Starter 
i think im going to go with the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-518-_-Product

because they are offering double life time warenty on parts and labor if i register the card with in 30days of buyign it
post #25 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddagger View Post
i think im going to go with the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-518-_-Product

because they are offering double life time warenty on parts and labor if i register the card with in 30days of buyign it
Sounds good, man. Have fun with that build .
post #26 of 66
Thread Starter 
hey just figure i will ask how do this chips look for my build ? for over clocking?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231322

also what woudl be a good cooling system for the cpu? so i can over clock ? are there any good air coolers? or shoudl i go with a liquid cooling to get to the 4.0ghz range?
post #27 of 66
Those are good, but I suggest one of these kits:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=g.skill+flare

They're cheaper and just as good. The stock timings are nothing special, but they will do at least 7-8-7-24-1T at 1600MHz. I know from firsthand experience.
post #28 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by decimate View Post
Those are good, but I suggest one of these kits:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=g.skill+flare

They're cheaper and just as good. The stock timings are nothing special, but they will do at least 7-8-7-24-1T at 1600MHz. I know from firsthand experience.
umm just wondering the link comes up with 2 differnt sets wich one shoudl i be looking at??

also what shoudl i do for cooling the cpu? to get it to at least 4.0ghz stable? shoudl i go with liquid cooling? or is there a good air fan i can go with?
post #29 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddagger View Post
umm just wondering the link comes up with 2 differnt sets wich one shoudl i be looking at??
Both of them are good. They both have PSC IC's. It just comes down to how much you want to spend on RAM. Just know that if you're gonna get the kit that will do 2000 MHz and run those sticks at that speed, make sure you overclock the NB to at least 3000 MHz or you won't see any benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddagger View Post
also what shoudl i do for cooling the cpu? to get it to at least 4.0ghz stable? shoudl i go with liquid cooling? or is there a good air fan i can go with?
A good air cooler will suffice. There are plenty to choose from, but I guess most people here would suggest either the Thermalright Venomous X, Silver Arrow, or Noctua NH-D14.
post #30 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by decimate View Post
Both of them are good. They both have PSC IC's. It just comes down to how much you want to spend on RAM. Just know that if you're gonna get the kit that will do 2000 MHz and run those sticks at that speed, make sure you overclock the NB to at least 3000 MHz or you won't see any benefit.

A good air cooler will suffice. There are plenty to choose from, but I guess most people here would suggest either the Thermalright Venomous X, Silver Arrow, or Noctua NH-D14.
hey i rember i came across this liquid cooler.. how is this compaird to the ones u linked

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-010-_-Product
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Need input one wich cpu to go with