Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › some "basic" questions :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

some "basic" questions :)

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Hello, Before buy a new mouse, I want to check the cheapy "legendary" microsoft 3.0 mouse.
First of all, here some questions:
1) just want to check, this is the one?
2)There in the package "9,000 dpi", AFAIK the 3.0 is 400/450, no? :O
3)the 3.0 is recommended to plam-grippers?
4)why use "450 dpi mouse" since I can ajustment my sens to high cpi and get more pricise movment ingame?
5)my max speed movement is 1.50m/s. I will Experience any negative/positive accel?
6)are you recommended me to buy glide for 3.0's feets?

thanks in advance and happy new year!.
Edited by avinin1 - 12/31/10 at 2:18pm
post #2 of 5
Its 9000 FPS not DPI.

your current MX518 is a better mouse so not sure why you are downgrading.

I an recomend the Microsoft X8, Logotech G3 and G5. Used them all and all good.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1 View Post
Hello, Before buy a new mouse, I want to check the cheapy "legendary" microsoft 3.0 mouse.
First of all, here some questions:
1) just want to check, this is the one?
2)There in the package "9,000 dpi", AFAIK the 3.0 is 400/450, no? :O
3)the 3.0 is recommended to plam-grippers?
4)why use "450 dpi mouse" since I can ajustment my sens to high cpi and get more pricise movment ingame?
5)my max speed movement is 1.50m/s. I will Experience any negative/positive accel?
6)are you recommended me to buy glide for 3.0's feets?

thanks in advance and happy new year!.
1.) I personally wouldn't bother, but yes that's a basic 3.0 respawn.
2.) 9000 FPS, 400 DPI.
3.) Yes, Similar to the Deathadder.
4.) Huh? If you're already a low sens user, you don't need or require DPI beyond a certain point.
5.) What in game sensitivity do you use? Chances are you'll be fine.
6.) Yes, the Stock feet aren't the greatest.

Side note, I'd avoid the intellimouse 3.0 unless you're willing to endure a major down grade. The overall build quality and scroll wheel is pretty bad lol. I get mine from china in bulk to keep cost down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dihartnell View Post
Its 9000 FPS not DPI.

your current MX518 is a better mouse so not sure why you are downgrading.

I an recomend the Microsoft X8, Logotech G3 and G5. Used them all and all good.
While it's true that his current mice are better, some people can't let go of the classic feel of the intellimouse line.

As for the x8, it's pretty heavy and has enormous amounts of mouse correction/prediction. The G5 would be okay, but the Avago 6010 sensor can only hold a 1.35m/s malfunction rate on cloth pads.
Edited by Skylit - 12/31/10 at 3:01pm
post #4 of 5
Thread Starter 
almost forget!
the 3.0 has angle snapping?
what the LOD ?
Edited by avinin1 - 12/31/10 at 2:58pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1 View Post
almost forget!
the 3.0 has angle snapping?
what the LOD ?
All mice have inherit prediction/angle snapping.

Mice like the 3.0/DA(no drift control) have it set low.

LoD is around 2mm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › some "basic" questions :)