Overclock.net banner

King 360mm rad?

660 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Martinm210 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me the ABSOLUTE BEST 360mm rad out there for the LOWEST temps? I have 6 90cfm yate's with shrouds on an rs360, and would like to know what rad to buy with income tax money. Also, with the switch, how much difference do you think I could see?

#2 ·
rx360 is good for 1000-1500pm fans but i thnk the black ice does better at fans over 2000 rpms.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal3Wolf;11869888
rx360 is good for 1000-1500pm fans but i thnk the black ice does better at fans over 2000 rpms.
Check out this review, he was not impressed with the black ice. Think I'm just gonna pick up the rx of my rad and call it a day. May switch out the pump too, as I think this one doesn't move much water at all.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=220593

#4 ·
if you change pumps get the 355 or 655 and get the xspc bay so you have a easy res/pump combo. Im happy with my rx360 keeps gpu and cpu really cool on linx/ibt i only hit 71c and gpu never passes 40c.

#5 ·
Below 1000RPM, Magicool Elegant Slim. 1000-1500RPM, most radiators will perform very similar to each other, so it would come down to quality, in which case the recent Thermochill TA series wins (it's also the least restrictive). Over 1500RPM, Black Ice GTX.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal3Wolf;11869965
if you change pumps get the 355 or 655 and get the xspc bay so you have a easy res/pump combo. Im happy with my rx360 keeps gpu and cpu really cool on linx/ibt i only hit 71c and gpu never passes 40c.
How difficult was it to put the res/pump together? I'm gonna get the 655 variable.

#7 ·
its easy the mcp655 just has like a big round screw you undo and put a bracket from the res and new seal then 4 screws hold it in the res.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

Below 1000RPM, Magicool Elegant Slim. 1000-1500RPM, most radiators will perform very similar to each other, so it would come down to quality, in which case the recent Thermochill TA series wins (it's also the least restrictive). Over 1500RPM, Black Ice GTX.

I hear the TA series still has its quirks, just like the PA series did.

In my opinion, the best overall 360 rad is the xspc rx360.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth777
View Post

I hear the TA series still has its quirks, just like the PA series did.

The only thing actually wrong with it is the fan/mount holes, which are being worked on, and that that they removed one of the tubes from the left side, which lowered its thermal performance just a tad compared to the PA series. Otherwise it is better.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey I7
View Post

Do you have to reseal the res somehow? Or is it just screwed together?

It's one sealed, contained unit. So all you have to do is put the o-ring on the pump, attach the pump to the reservoir, and screw it in.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleTech
View Post

It's one sealed, contained unit. So all you have to do is put the o-ring on the pump, attach the pump to the reservoir, and screw it in.

But isn't the pump INSIDE the res? How can it be one sealed unit, but you have to open it up to place the pump in? I'm confused lol.

#13 ·
  • Rep+
Reactions: Jonesey I7
#14 ·
The HWLabs GTX 360 is still probably the best. The Feser Monsta Lite is a 140mm x 360mm, but is designed to work with 120mm fans too... however, I don't know how it stacks up against the GTX 360.

To my knowldge, the PA 120.3 is the next best triple, but it looses to the GTX 360 with high speed fans.

Edit: whoops, got beat to it by a few people

• Rep+
Reactions: Jonesey I7
#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bal3Wolf
View Post

its not like the one 750 the pump side is open it seals into the res tht holds water.

http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Acrylic...5-pr-4666.html

AHHHH, ok ok now I get it. I thought it was just the the 720 pump/res I have, as it's all sealed together. OK, I'm actually gonna pick up the gtx Xtreme rad, and the xspc dual res, with the mcp655 variable. Thanks for the help guys.

#17 ·
If you want to sell, do it in the Marketplace.
wink.gif

#19 ·
FYI,
Another great test by skinnee, this time he tested with Gentle Typhoons:

http://skinneelabs.com/ta120.3.html

I still have to give my hat to Swiftech for doing so well with the MCR series, especially if you like the really silent fan speeds and hands down if you start comparing benefit/cost ratios.

I have a TFC480ER and a HWlabs480GTX, but I've since tuned my fans down to sub 1000RPMs, so I'm not really optimal in my rad selection anymore (especially with the gtx). For really slow speeds the MCR series or HWlabs SR1 are really strong. RX is good too, but not quite as optimal.

As usual, each one is slightly tuned for different fans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.