Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › HTPC › Can't decide on case for high performance HTPC!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can't decide on case for high performance HTPC! - Page 2

post #11 of 18
look at the nmedia cases or if you realy want to spend the thermaltake cases. i own the nmedia 1080 case and love it, but thats to small for you.
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Category.aspx?S=1244
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008308%2050008550&IsNodeId=1&name=NMEDIAPC
Edited by valtopps - 1/6/11 at 7:47am
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Basically, I'm in need of a new case for my computer. After I get the htpc case I'll be moving it to my entertainment enter for primarily gaming/netflix, but with a vga cable extending to an actual monitor.

I need the case to be able to be upgraded with the latest parts. This computer is 3 years old and will be replaced with bulldozer and probably 6970s. I basically want a full tower with rotated disk drives and maybe volume control on the front.

Coolness is more prioritized over noise. The current solution is a sideways tower with no sides on it so anything will be quieter, really.
Terribad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2 Ghz 8800gtx Alpha Dog 3 Gb mismatched unbranded 1 TB Seagate 
Power
500 W 
  hide details  
Reply
Terribad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2 Ghz 8800gtx Alpha Dog 3 Gb mismatched unbranded 1 TB Seagate 
Power
500 W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissecon View Post
Basically, I'm in need of a new case for my computer. After I get the htpc case I'll be moving it to my entertainment enter for primarily gaming/netflix, but with a vga cable extending to an actual monitor.

I need the case to be able to be upgraded with the latest parts. This computer is 3 years old and will be replaced with bulldozer and probably 6970s. I basically want a full tower with rotated disk drives and maybe volume control on the front.

Coolness is more prioritized over noise. The current solution is a sideways tower with no sides on it so anything will be quieter, really.
uh... that statement was ALL over the place. Can you rephrase that entire thing?

You're using your main PC for HTPC of which your converting into an HTPC?
Your putting it into your media center connected to a monitor?
You have a 3 year old PC that you'd like to use with Bulldozer? I guess you have an AM2 board. Your mobo will have to release a bios update to support Bulldozer (if it even does).

Also, you need to fill in your user CP--what parts you have?
Paradise
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.7ghz Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H XFX 5770 Crossfire 4x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64GB MC SSD, 2x320 7200.10, 2x2TB Green Caviar Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 205BW & 32" Panasonic LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 (FTW) CoolerMaster HAF 932 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Paradise
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.7ghz Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H XFX 5770 Crossfire 4x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64GB MC SSD, 2x320 7200.10, 2x2TB Green Caviar Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 205BW & 32" Panasonic LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 (FTW) CoolerMaster HAF 932 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceMaker View Post
uh... that statement was ALL over the place. Can you rephrase that entire thing?

You're using your main PC for HTPC of which your converting into an HTPC?
Your putting it into your media center connected to a monitor?
You have a 3 year old PC that you'd like to use with Bulldozer? I guess you have an AM2 board. Your mobo will have to release a bios update to support Bulldozer (if it even does).

Also, you need to fill in your user CP--what parts you have?
To clarify; my computer right now is on my entertainment center, merely rotated sideways. This makes accessing the disk drive difficult.

The goal is to move everything into a new case, but the case must be able to fit current high-performance parts.

I will be upgrading to bulldozer, which means new mobo, cpu, cpu fan, and ram. I'll be getting better (larger) graphics cards then as well. I just need this case to fit all of those components.

Sorry for the confusion, hopefully this clears it up.
Terribad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2 Ghz 8800gtx Alpha Dog 3 Gb mismatched unbranded 1 TB Seagate 
Power
500 W 
  hide details  
Reply
Terribad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2 Ghz 8800gtx Alpha Dog 3 Gb mismatched unbranded 1 TB Seagate 
Power
500 W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissecon View Post
To clarify; my computer right now is on my entertainment center, merely rotated sideways. This makes accessing the disk drive difficult.

The goal is to move everything into a new case, but the case must be able to fit current high-performance parts.

I will be upgrading to bulldozer, which means new mobo, cpu, cpu fan, and ram. I'll be getting better (larger) graphics cards then as well. I just need this case to fit all of those components.

Sorry for the confusion, hopefully this clears it up.
Ah okay that makes more sense... wellthe next thing tofigure out is how much space you have for a case. If possible lianli is your best choice for brochure case. Next best is a small mid tower.


Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Paradise
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.7ghz Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H XFX 5770 Crossfire 4x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64GB MC SSD, 2x320 7200.10, 2x2TB Green Caviar Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 205BW & 32" Panasonic LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 (FTW) CoolerMaster HAF 932 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Paradise
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.7ghz Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H XFX 5770 Crossfire 4x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64GB MC SSD, 2x320 7200.10, 2x2TB Green Caviar Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 205BW & 32" Panasonic LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 (FTW) CoolerMaster HAF 932 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 18
Fractal Define R3.
Krogoth
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition BIOSTAR TA790GX A3+ ASUS GTX 570 4gb ddr3 
OSPowerCase
Win7 Antec NEO ECO 620W Fractal Define R3 
  hide details  
Reply
Krogoth
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition BIOSTAR TA790GX A3+ ASUS GTX 570 4gb ddr3 
OSPowerCase
Win7 Antec NEO ECO 620W Fractal Define R3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 18
Sandstorm
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67A-G45 Sapphire 6870 Patriot 2x2gb 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
500gb Wester Digital Caviar Blue Sony DVD/RW Drive Acer P216HV 21.5in + Acer P205H 20in 730W Raidmax 
Case
NZXT Gamma 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandstorm
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67A-G45 Sapphire 6870 Patriot 2x2gb 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
500gb Wester Digital Caviar Blue Sony DVD/RW Drive Acer P216HV 21.5in + Acer P205H 20in 730W Raidmax 
Case
NZXT Gamma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
Nmedia 6000b ftw!!! It's big and it's quiet...cheap too
plenty of room to crossfire 2 cards but watch the length of the cards I wouldnt go much longer than 10" or about 240mm max length.
Benzo's HTPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 Black Ed. 555 C3 Callisto GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H GIGABYTE GV-R677D5-1GD 8gig ddr3 1600 Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
(1) internal 3.5" 500GB & (1) WD external 1TB Samsung BluRay Model SH-B123L/RSBP Win 7 pro 64bit Mitsubishi 65738 65" 3D DLP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Thermaltake TR2 Series TR-450P 450W Nmedia 6000b HTPC case Logitech wireless Trackman 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
Benzo's HTPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 Black Ed. 555 C3 Callisto GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H GIGABYTE GV-R677D5-1GD 8gig ddr3 1600 Gskill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
(1) internal 3.5" 500GB & (1) WD external 1TB Samsung BluRay Model SH-B123L/RSBP Win 7 pro 64bit Mitsubishi 65738 65" 3D DLP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Thermaltake TR2 Series TR-450P 450W Nmedia 6000b HTPC case Logitech wireless Trackman 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HTPC
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › HTPC › Can't decide on case for high performance HTPC!