Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 1366 vs. 1155
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1366 vs. 1155 - Page 18

Poll Results: 1366 or 1155?

 
  • 36% (206)
    1366
  • 63% (365)
    1155
571 Total Votes  
post #171 of 457
SB all the way. Unless some of you like antiques then buy 1366.
post #172 of 457
It's like what do they say?


Not even close.




Yeah, thats it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 457
1366 4eva!
Silent But Deadly
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @4.4 Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Powercolor AMD 470 8GB Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Cricual M4 64 / WD6400AAKS Silver Arrow SB-E Arctic Cooling 7970 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
BenQ XL2410T Corsair AX650 Fractal Define R4 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @4.4 Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Powercolor AMD 470 8GB Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Cricual M4 64 / WD6400AAKS Silver Arrow SB-E Arctic Cooling 7970 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
BenQ XL2410T Corsair AX650 Fractal Define R4 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 457
Thread Starter 
1155 isn't a replacement/upgrade for 1366...

2011 is going to be 1366's replacement.
post #175 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiasian View Post
1155 isn't a replacement/upgrade for 1366...

2011 is going to be 1366's replacement.
Unless you buy the 980x there is no reason to buy any other 1366 chip over a 2600k/2500k.
post #176 of 457
Good lord the fanboyism in this thread is making my head ache with pain...

Facts:

1. 1155 is NOT a replacement to 1366; it is the mainstream beginning of a new architecture.
2. 1366 is still a great socket, especially if deals can be had as a result of the Sandy Bridge release.
3. Ivy Bridge is the official replacement for the ENTHUSIAST level 1366 socket.
4. Sandy Bridge will remain the MAINSTREAM socket from Intel's new CPU lineup.
5. In synthetic benchmarks, the 25/2600k Sandy Bridge CPU's will outperform *MOST* 1366 CPU's at their HIGHEST clock speeds. (The 980x still holds its own in several different benchmarks)
6. Clock for clock, the 1366 980x CPU is still faster than any of the Sandy Bridge lineup. This means CLOCK FOR CLOCK, not highest clock possible. Sandy Bridge still wins *MOST* benchmarks when it comes to highest clock possible. (according to testing from several different websites)

Not even close to facts:

1. ZUMG 1366 is so sucky now, why even buy those CPU's anymore!!1!!1one!11
2. Sandy Bridge is teh own everyone just buyz it already come on man!
3. My penis is longer than yours because I own Sandy Bridge!!!
4. If you own 1366 you looz!
5. MY 980x PWN UR SANDY BRIDGE!!
6. 1366 is totally dated dude, no reason to own it anymore just upgrade already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Well I paid $1000 for my CPU so obviously I win
8. Lol you paid $1000 for a CPU, you lose


Conclusion:

The fact of the matter is; both sockets are great. If you're on a budget, I'd definitely check out the deals to be had on 1366, or go ahead and shell out the $280-$330 for a Sandy Bridge---either way you'll have an unstoppable machine. 1366 has support for triple channel memory, 1333MHz+ RAM speeds, and can do x16/x16 pipelines for your GPU's. 1155 has a brand new highly efficient architecture, high overclock capability, and can be had for a great price.

The choice is COMPLETELY and FULLY up to the needs of the buyer.

For those of us who have 1366, we don't need to "upgrade" right now. In fact, I'm sure most of us are waiting for Ivy Bridge to be released before shelling out cash for a new CPU and motherboard. Sandy Bridge owners; go ahead and enjoy being ahead of the game now. Just like I will when I buy my $1000 Ivy Bridge CPU.


/thread
Edited by Vaalyne - 1/18/11 at 2:07am
Rampage Extreme
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz @ 1.26v (D0) Rampage III Extreme 4x Diamond 6970's in Quadfire Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 1600MHz 3x2gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD Cavier Black 1TB Storage Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 24' 2ms x3, Samsung 46' 5ms G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Quattro 1200w HAF-X Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
Rampage Extreme
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz @ 1.26v (D0) Rampage III Extreme 4x Diamond 6970's in Quadfire Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 1600MHz 3x2gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD Cavier Black 1TB Storage Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 24' 2ms x3, Samsung 46' 5ms G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Quattro 1200w HAF-X Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #177 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaalyne View Post
Good lord the fanboyism in this thread is making my head ache with pain...

Facts:

1. 1155 is NOT a replacement to 1366; it is the mainstream beginning of a new architecture.
2. 1366 is still a great socket, especially if deals can be had as a result of the Sandy Bridge release.
3. Ivy Bridge is the official replacement for the ENTHUSIAST level 1366 socket.
4. Sandy Bridge will remain the MAINSTREAM socket from Intel's new CPU lineup.
5. In synthetic benchmarks, the 25/2600k Sandy Bridge CPU's will outperform *MOST* 1366 CPU's at their HIGHEST clock speeds. (The 980x still holds its own in several different benchmarks)
6. Clock for clock, the 1366 980x CPU is still faster than any of the Sandy Bridge lineup. This means CLOCK FOR CLOCK, not highest clock possible. Sandy Bridge still wins *MOST* benchmarks when it comes to highest clock possible. (according to testing from several different websites)

Not even close to facts:

1. ZUMG 1366 is so sucky now, why even buy those CPU's anymore!!1!!1one!11
2. Sandy Bridge is teh own everyone just buyz it already come on man!
3. My penis is longer than yours because I own Sandy Bridge!!!
4. If you own 1366 you looz!
5. MY 980x PWN UR SANDY BRIDGE!!
6. 1366 is totally dated dude, no reason to own it anymore just upgrade already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Well I paid $1000 for my CPU so obviously I win
8. Lol you paid $1000 for a CPU, you lose


Conclusion:

The fact of the matter is; both sockets are great. If you're on a budget, I'd definitely check out the deals to be had on 1366, or go ahead and shell out the $280 for a Sandy Bridge---either way you'll have an unstoppable machine. 1366 has support for triple channel memory, 1333MHz+ RAM speeds, and can do x16/x16 pipelines for your GPU's. 1155 has a brand new highly efficient architecture, high overclock capability, and can be had for a great price.

The choice is COMPLETELY and FULLY up to the needs of the buyer.

For those of us who have 1366, we don't need to "upgrade" right now. In fact, I'm sure most of us are waiting for Ivy Bridge to be released before shelling out cash for a new CPU and motherboard. Sandy Bridge owners; go ahead and enjoy being ahead of the game now. Just like I will when I buy my $1000 Ivy Bridge CPU.


/thread
People keep saying 1155 is not the replacement for 1366, but what does that have to do with anything? It's faster than nearly every 1366 cpu except the extremely expensive 6 core processors.

Replacement or not, it kicks the royal crap out of everything from the i7-950 and downwards while putting up a decent fight against the extremely expensive 6 core CPUs.

Now i quoted you because your yet another person who made that comparison, but i agree with your post as a whole. I just feel the 'Not a replacement for 1366' argument is really irrelevant.
Edited by jackbrennan2008 - 1/18/11 at 2:10am
post #178 of 457
I've had major improvements with triple channel memory when using rainbow tables.
post #179 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by pon View Post
I've had major improvements with triple channel memory when using rainbow tables.
Then i guess we can say 1366 is the password crackers platform .
post #180 of 457
I don't care what anyone says, however I went from i7 950 to i7 2600k.. massive difference! Loading times, booting times.. even my mouse seems faster Joking aside, it's faster imo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 1366 vs. 1155