Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Help removing trojans please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help removing trojans please - Page 5

post #41 of 54
You can always reformat but go ahead and get Microsoft Essential Security and Malware Byte removal from Microsoft website and start scanning right away and it'll remove it.

Surprised that AVG isn't helping you there.

Last option would be reformat and maybe watch out where you browse or download next time.. be careful.
post #42 of 54
I have an amazing idea which no-one has suggested yet:

Why don't you pop to your local music store and buy the music created by the bands you claim to like and support?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newphase View Post
I have an amazing idea which no-one has suggested yet:

Why don't you pop to your local music store and buy the music created by the bands you claim to like and support?
Because when you have over 10 gig's of music it's not worth it. Id rather not spend over a grand on music when i can get it for free.

The problems are still here. Could it be in the music files i downloaded in my music folder? It seems nearly impossible to get these off but once i will it will be worth it.
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 54
newphase makes a good point, you should as a fine upstanding member of OCN pay respect to your favorite bands by at least pretending you dont download music illegally, if only for TOS
Codex Gigas
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 930 Asus P6 X58D xfx 5870 MSI 5870 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Xms3 8gb WD Caviar blue Western Digital RE3 Western Digital RE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
5 120mm Cooler master R4 Blade Master Windows 7 ultimate 64bit Viewsonic VX2233WM Viewsonic VX2239WM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2239WM Razer Lycosa Mirror 650w Antec Truepower New Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech Mx620 Laser Desk Logitech x-530 Creative Xfi Titanium HD 
OtherOther
Logitech G-27 Saitek x-52 
  hide details  
Reply
Codex Gigas
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 930 Asus P6 X58D xfx 5870 MSI 5870 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Xms3 8gb WD Caviar blue Western Digital RE3 Western Digital RE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
5 120mm Cooler master R4 Blade Master Windows 7 ultimate 64bit Viewsonic VX2233WM Viewsonic VX2239WM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2239WM Razer Lycosa Mirror 650w Antec Truepower New Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech Mx620 Laser Desk Logitech x-530 Creative Xfi Titanium HD 
OtherOther
Logitech G-27 Saitek x-52 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 54
Valid point regarding the cost... however it's unrelated.

In all reality, you'd spend less time if you back up what you need, format and start over unfortunately.

Just get yourself an up to date base system and make an image of it. If it happens again in the future, re-image the drive and you're back up and running in minutes. Truly the best course of action when you put the future into consideration.
Workhorse
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE C3 Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H Onboard 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64gb / 1tb WD1002FAEX Windows 7 Pro x64 HP 2311x Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A-05NB Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Workhorse
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE C3 Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H Onboard 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64gb / 1tb WD1002FAEX Windows 7 Pro x64 HP 2311x Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A-05NB Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh154 View Post
Because when you have over 10 gig's of music it's not worth it. Id rather not spend over a grand on music when i can get it for free.

The problems are still here. Could it be in the music files i downloaded in my music folder? It seems nearly impossible to get these off but once i will it will be worth it.
^This
Is
Idiotic!

I couldn't be arsed to buy a car to drive to work because they are too expensive and not worth it... therefore I will steal yours as you only use it at weekends.

Happy?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 54
Remove AVG and install microsoft security essintials. It will clean your computer right up.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5 GA-P67A-UD3-B3 EVGA 570 8GB Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DrivePower
1.5TB CORSAIR 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5 GA-P67A-UD3-B3 EVGA 570 8GB Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DrivePower
1.5TB CORSAIR 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newphase View Post
^This
Is
Idiotic!

I couldn't be arsed to buy a car to drive to work because they are too expensive and not worth it... therefore I will steal yours as you only use it at weekends.

Happy?
Yeah i am. If you continue with the posts you are posting they will be reported for being offtopic.

Stick to the topic guys and lets not start a flame ware because i torrent music. Whoopdie do, its my decision. I asked for help getting rid of the viruses, so if you are not going to try and help, please stay out.

Can i put this 40gig drive in my main comp and transfer the music from the 40gig drive to my main drive and then re install on the 40 gig drive?
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh154 View Post
Yeah i am. If you continue with the posts you are posting they will be reported for being offtopic.

Stick to the topic guys and lets not start a flame ware because i torrent music. Whoopdie do, its my decision. I asked for help getting rid of the viruses, so if you are not going to try and help, ****.

Can i put this 40gig drive in my main comp and transfer the music from the 40gig drive to my main drive and then re install on the 40 gig drive?

It may have helped if you had not started a thread where you clearly break the ToS of OCN.

Go right ahead and click that report button... I really am not bothered

Anyway. Hope you sort your trojans out
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newphase View Post
It may have helped if you had not started a thread where you clearly break the ToS of OCN.

Go right ahead and click that report button... I really am not bothered

Anyway. Hope you sort your trojans out
How am i breaking the ToS by stating that i did download a torrent, but now i have suffered consequences by downloading the torrent and i need help fixing it? I am in no way violating the ToS. Im not asking information about torrent's or asking anything in general about torrents.

I was just throwing out there how i got the viruses that i asked for help removing. You sir are in fact clearly breaking the ToS by bringing my thread off topic.
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Help removing trojans please