Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Mini-ITX Build for under $950
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini-ITX Build for under $950 - Page 4

post #31 of 36
Quite sadly the SG07 is still 40$ overprice to a Q07B + 450W SFF PSU. And I need to mention that the SG07 only support slim optical drive, which adds a 40$+ premium too. Still, the SG07 is really sexy. I'm pondering my next HTPC build and I'm torn between the SG07, the Q08B, the Q11 and the PC-V351.

Here's my wishlist:
LIAN LI PC-Q08B Black 100$
SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W 80$
Asus M4A88T-I 130$
AMD Phenom II X2 555 91$
G.SKILL F3-10600CL9S-4GBSQ 39$
LG Black Blu-ray Combo UH10LS20 70$
GIGABYTE Silent Series GV-R575SL-1GI Radeon HD 5750 1GB 130$
Mushkin SSD MKNSSDCL40GB-DX 100$

total before shipping and taxes : 740$

Reasons:
- I'd go with the 555 because of its speed, cache and core unlocking possibility. Stock fan may be loud, will be fixed latter if needed.
- That Asus board is simply the best. However its currently out of stock everywhere
- The LG drive is cheap, but I like LG more than LiteOn, and I don't wish to spend too much on a Sony or Samsung.
- The 5750 should be plenty to play most games at 720p or 1080i and its passively cooled!
- 40GB SSD. Plenty of space as most stuff will be on my server. This Mushkin drive is a SF1200 SDD, with 250Mbps+ performance.

Place to cut for now : I'v already got a 80gb 2.5" hard drive lying unused and a full size PSU that will maybe fit. So 180$ worth of stuff I'll order later on if needed.
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by werfu View Post
Quite sadly the SG07 is still 40$ overprice to a Q07B + 450W SFF PSU. And I need to mention that the SG07 only support slim optical drive, which adds a 40$+ premium too. Still, the SG07 is really sexy. I'm pondering my next HTPC build and I'm torn between the SG07, the Q08B, the Q11 and the PC-V351.

Here's my wishlist:
LIAN LI PC-Q08B Black 100$
SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W 80$
Asus M4A88T-I 130$
AMD Phenom II X2 555 91$
G.SKILL F3-10600CL9S-4GBSQ 39$
LG Black Blu-ray Combo UH10LS20 70$
GIGABYTE Silent Series GV-R575SL-1GI Radeon HD 5750 1GB 130$
Mushkin SSD MKNSSDCL40GB-DX 100$

total before shipping and taxes : 740$

Reasons:
- I'd go with the 555 because of its speed, cache and core unlocking possibility. Stock fan may be loud, will be fixed latter if needed.
- That Asus board is simply the best. However its currently out of stock everywhere
- The LG drive is cheap, but I like LG more than LiteOn, and I don't wish to spend too much on a Sony or Samsung.
- The 5750 should be plenty to play most games at 720p or 1080i and its passively cooled!
- 40GB SSD. Plenty of space as most stuff will be on my server. This Mushkin drive is a SF1200 SDD, with 250Mbps+ performance.

Place to cut for now : I'v already got a 80gb 2.5" hard drive lying unused and a full size PSU that will maybe fit. So 180$ worth of stuff I'll order later on if needed.
q07b can't fit a bigger card like a GTX580 however, and the sg07 can. I think the sg07 is more for people who want to build a monster mitx setup.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD C-50 1.0ghz ATI 6250 2GB 32GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
External DVDRW Ubuntu / Windows Vista 9 watt AC adapter :\ Acer Tablet 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD C-50 1.0ghz ATI 6250 2GB 32GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
External DVDRW Ubuntu / Windows Vista 9 watt AC adapter :\ Acer Tablet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 36
Yeah, the Lian Li PC-Q07 only supports single slot cards no longer than, what was it, 7" long?
Main home rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77E-ITX GeForce GTX 670 8GB Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 240GB SSD, Crucial M4 256GB mSATA SSD... Samsung DVDRW CoolIt Eco Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 305T Plus, Dell 2005FPW Cooler Master QuickFire Pro mechanical keyboard Rosewill Capstone 450W Lian Li PC-Q11B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Allsop Metal Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver, Polk bookshelf speaker... 
  hide details  
Reply
Main home rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77E-ITX GeForce GTX 670 8GB Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 240GB SSD, Crucial M4 256GB mSATA SSD... Samsung DVDRW CoolIt Eco Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 305T Plus, Dell 2005FPW Cooler Master QuickFire Pro mechanical keyboard Rosewill Capstone 450W Lian Li PC-Q11B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Allsop Metal Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver, Polk bookshelf speaker... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Yeah, the Lian Li PC-Q07 only supports single slot cards no longer than, what was it, 7" long?
Hum, kinda suck. Thanks for pointing out. Looks like the Q11 would be better. However the Q11 is taller than the V351 and this is bugging me. And it can use a Micro-ATX motherboard.
post #35 of 36
FYI: The SG07 actually comes with a quality 600 watt power supply. It's bronze certified, but as stated in this review:

"The performance achieved by this power supply was impressive. It could maintain efficiency above 85% during all our tests, peaking at 87.6%. It could easily have received the 80 Plus Silver certification."

This was taken from Hardware Secrets SG07 Review
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD C-50 1.0ghz ATI 6250 2GB 32GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
External DVDRW Ubuntu / Windows Vista 9 watt AC adapter :\ Acer Tablet 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD C-50 1.0ghz ATI 6250 2GB 32GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
External DVDRW Ubuntu / Windows Vista 9 watt AC adapter :\ Acer Tablet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by werfu View Post
Hum, kinda suck. Thanks for pointing out. Looks like the Q11 would be better. However the Q11 is taller than the V351 and this is bugging me. And it can use a Micro-ATX motherboard.
"Short" does not mean "small." Otherwise you can just lay your tower on its side. Voila! Instant short case!

See this list:

Quote:
Lian-LI PC-Q11
(W) 200mm x (H) 326mm x (D) 260mm = 16.95L

Lian-Li PCV-351
(W) 279mm x (H) 262mm x (D) 373mm = 27.27L
As you can see, the PC-V351 is really a LOT bigger than the PC-Q11. It may be shorter, but it takes up a lot more of your desk.
Main home rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77E-ITX GeForce GTX 670 8GB Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 240GB SSD, Crucial M4 256GB mSATA SSD... Samsung DVDRW CoolIt Eco Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 305T Plus, Dell 2005FPW Cooler Master QuickFire Pro mechanical keyboard Rosewill Capstone 450W Lian Li PC-Q11B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Allsop Metal Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver, Polk bookshelf speaker... 
  hide details  
Reply
Main home rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77E-ITX GeForce GTX 670 8GB Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 240GB SSD, Crucial M4 256GB mSATA SSD... Samsung DVDRW CoolIt Eco Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 305T Plus, Dell 2005FPW Cooler Master QuickFire Pro mechanical keyboard Rosewill Capstone 450W Lian Li PC-Q11B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Allsop Metal Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver, Polk bookshelf speaker... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Mini-ITX Build for under $950