Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Hearing computer through home audio surround
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hearing computer through home audio surround - Page 2

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdown;11898257 
that to me sound like the format that the pc is putting out is not supported by the reciever, ie 48.0 khz/44.1 khz.
Also the pc could be sending out sound in a dts format and you reciever only supports dolby digital.

That could very well be it. It's a Dolby digital receiver.

Does that mean I'm screwed?

I just checked, I do have the 3.5mm to RCA and tried that in every configuration and still nothing...

What are my options now, if any?
Media Master
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 Gigabyte X58 GeForce 550 Ti Gskill Ripjaw 6 x 4gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB, 2TB Internal, 6TB External Lite-On 12x Blu-ray Burner Win7 Home Premium 64bit Sharp Aquos 65" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic 850w nMediaPC 6000B 
  hide details  
Reply
Media Master
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 Gigabyte X58 GeForce 550 Ti Gskill Ripjaw 6 x 4gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB, 2TB Internal, 6TB External Lite-On 12x Blu-ray Burner Win7 Home Premium 64bit Sharp Aquos 65" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic 850w nMediaPC 6000B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_OC View Post
That could very well be it. It's a Dolby digital receiver.

Does that mean I'm screwed?

I just checked, I do have the 3.5mm to RCA and tried that in every configuration and still nothing...

What are my options now, if any?
Did you try configuring the sound to make the headphone jack the default device like I mentioned? Are you sure you are using the headphone and not the mic jack? Is the receiver set to the right input? Did you enable the audio ports in the BIOS?

Let me play around with my HTPC. Currently its running HDMI to the receiver, but I will try the 3.5mm onboard jack instead.

What OS and audio chip are on the laptop?
Edited by franz - 1/5/11 at 9:07am
Lola
(17 items)
 
Charlestown
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme7 EVGA GTX 760 2x4GB Mushkin 996998 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2x WD RE3 RAID0 Seagate 3TB Backup 2x Samsung 223B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Win7 64Bit Samsung 226CW Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-650 Antec 1200 Logitech G500 Razer eXactMat 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 
  hide details  
Reply
Lola
(17 items)
 
Charlestown
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme7 EVGA GTX 760 2x4GB Mushkin 996998 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2x WD RE3 RAID0 Seagate 3TB Backup 2x Samsung 223B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Win7 64Bit Samsung 226CW Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-650 Antec 1200 Logitech G500 Razer eXactMat 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz;11899040 
Did you try configuring the sound to make the headphone jack the default device like I mentioned? Are you sure you are using the headphone and not the mic jack? Is the receiver set to the right input? Did you enable the audio ports in the BIOS?

Let me play around with my HTPC. Currently its running HDMI to the receiver, but I will try the 3.5mm onboard jack instead.

What OS and audio chip are on the laptop?

I don't know what the hell happened, but it's working like a champ now...

3.5mm into headphone jack RCAs into the receiver. All I have to do is switch the receiver to the proper input and BAMM, sound...lol

Thank ALL you guys for ALL your help, I really appreciate it...thumb.gif
Media Master
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 Gigabyte X58 GeForce 550 Ti Gskill Ripjaw 6 x 4gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB, 2TB Internal, 6TB External Lite-On 12x Blu-ray Burner Win7 Home Premium 64bit Sharp Aquos 65" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic 850w nMediaPC 6000B 
  hide details  
Reply
Media Master
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 Gigabyte X58 GeForce 550 Ti Gskill Ripjaw 6 x 4gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB, 2TB Internal, 6TB External Lite-On 12x Blu-ray Burner Win7 Home Premium 64bit Sharp Aquos 65" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic 850w nMediaPC 6000B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_OC View Post
I don't know what the hell happened, but it's working like a champ now...

3.5mm into headphone jack RCAs into the receiver. All I have to do is switch the receiver to the proper input and BAMM, sound...lol

Thank ALL you guys for ALL your help, I really appreciate it...
Lol. Glad you got it working.
Lola
(17 items)
 
Charlestown
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme7 EVGA GTX 760 2x4GB Mushkin 996998 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2x WD RE3 RAID0 Seagate 3TB Backup 2x Samsung 223B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Win7 64Bit Samsung 226CW Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-650 Antec 1200 Logitech G500 Razer eXactMat 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 
  hide details  
Reply
Lola
(17 items)
 
Charlestown
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme7 EVGA GTX 760 2x4GB Mushkin 996998 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2x WD RE3 RAID0 Seagate 3TB Backup 2x Samsung 223B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Win7 64Bit Samsung 226CW Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-650 Antec 1200 Logitech G500 Razer eXactMat 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Hearing computer through home audio surround