Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower - Page 128

post #1271 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post

There's only a blue and red CM megaflow, right? I wish there was one without and led.

You can easily cut the wires leading to the LEDs. I did, no problem. I left the actual LEDs in their holes, because I don't know if removing them completely (they are just glued in, but can be removed) affects the airflow, what with the little hole they leave behind.
post #1272 of 4826
Cut the mesh with the stock front fan and it helped. Recently upgraded to a red Megaflow - now we're talking! Huge improvement.
Mild Mod
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k 4.5Ghz @1.331v Asus X99-A EVGA GTX1070 SC 16Gb Gskill DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
850 Pro SSD, 2 Cav Blacks Asus HWLabs 280mm SR-1 and GTX120 mm radiators EK GPU waterblock and backplate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Supremacy EVO cpu block W7 64 Pro Dell U3011  Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650d Modded SteelSeries Sensei Raw (heat orange) Creative 5.1 setup 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Mild Mod
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k 4.5Ghz @1.331v Asus X99-A EVGA GTX1070 SC 16Gb Gskill DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
850 Pro SSD, 2 Cav Blacks Asus HWLabs 280mm SR-1 and GTX120 mm radiators EK GPU waterblock and backplate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Supremacy EVO cpu block W7 64 Pro Dell U3011  Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650d Modded SteelSeries Sensei Raw (heat orange) Creative 5.1 setup 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1273 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan o' water View Post

Cut the mesh with the stock front fan and it helped. Recently upgraded to a red Megaflow - now we're talking! Huge improvement.

Have you though about cutting the mesh in the back? I am thinking of doing that next, that is the second noisy part of the case. I may even do the top, but I am not sure yet...
post #1274 of 4826
Cut it! Cut, cut, cut, cut.... biggrin.gif

Of course, I am running a system with no exhaust fan (that positive pressure thing), so having no mesh is almost mandatory. If there are no pets/kids around the PC, I would remove the mesh in the back even with a fan installed and just have an open hole. If there are kids/pets around I would still cut the mesh and install a 120mm wire fan grill instead. I did the latter for the top intake fan. I also cut some of the bottom mesh for the PSU intake.
post #1275 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celoth View Post

Cut it! Cut, cut, cut, cut.... biggrin.gif

Of course, I am running a system with no exhaust fan (that positive pressure thing), so having no mesh is almost mandatory. If there are no pets/kids around the PC, I would remove the mesh in the back even with a fan installed and just have an open hole. If there are kids/pets around I would still cut the mesh and install a 120mm wire fan grill instead. I did the latter for the top intake fan. I also cut some of the bottom mesh for the PSU intake.

I see you have those noise blocker fans, how are they? Do they push good amount of air? I want "silent" fans after using these CM Sickleflows lol. I have mine on a fan controller, but they are turned down a lot and I am sure that there are other fans that will push more air at the same speed. ATM I can only hear my GPU fans, but I know my tempos can be slightly better. smile.gif

Also, were did you get the rubber to put over the mesh edge and the foam?
post #1276 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

Sounds like a plan. I have no experience with those fans, but I need new ones myself...never get CM Sickleflows...they are way too loud lol,
When you get it grab a CM Megaflow, it is really quiet, superbiiz has the blue one for $13 and there are free shipping coupons you can use. Newegg has the red one for i think ~15 shipped as well.
Though if you get one you have to move the HDD cage to the middle section.
Also, cut out the mesh of the front intake, I just did mine now and wow...my temps dropped 3C+ all around the case and it is almost dead silent now! eek.gif

You should of made a tutorial! This will only be my third build.. and i've never modded really anything :/ Got any pix to show how you did it? Did you use a dremel tool or whatever?

The thing about the megaflows is that people say they hardly push any air.
Edited by exzacklyright - 11/30/11 at 7:01pm
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1277 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

Sounds like a plan. I have no experience with those fans, but I need new ones myself...never get CM Sickleflows...they are way too loud lol,
When you get it grab a CM Megaflow, it is really quiet, superbiiz has the blue one for $13 and there are free shipping coupons you can use. Newegg has the red one for i think ~15 shipped as well.
Though if you get one you have to move the HDD cage to the middle section.
Also, cut out the mesh of the front intake, I just did mine now and wow...my temps dropped 3C+ all around the case and it is almost dead silent now! eek.gif

You should of made a tutorial! This will only be my third build.. and i've never modded really anything :/ Got any pix to show how you did it? Did you use a dremel tool or whatever?

The thing about the megaflows is that people say they hardly push any air.

LOL, this is my third build as well!

I got some pics. All I did was use a wire cutter to cut the mesh out, I am getting a dremal soon to finish it off.

6434246487_f2d52e961b_b.jpg
IMG_7850.jpg by seanwebster1212, on Flickr
6434253795_ebae4d5c60_b.jpg
IMG_7851.jpg by seanwebster1212, on Flickr

And since I didn't like seeing my fan controller I flipped it! biggrin.gif

6434238675_d608636718_b.jpg
IMG_7849.jpg by seanwebster1212, on Flickr

6434268401_a6b8a02e52_b.jpg
IMG_7839.jpg by seanwebster1212, on Flickr

I can't wait till my Silver Arrow comes in the mail tomorrow! smile.gif
post #1278 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

LOL, this is my third build as well!

ahh nice. Is the fan controller really that bad? I want demciflex filters too but they're expensive... 30 bucks(counting shipping) for the top filter on frozencpu.

This is with the front panel off correct?
700

So the front lower part is a filter? and the picture up above is behind it?

700
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1279 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post


ahh nice. Is the fan controller really that bad? I want demciflex filters too but they're expensive... 30 bucks(counting shipping) for the top filter on frozencpu.

Yea, that is a cheap $12 controller and the lights are unbearable lol. Besides I like the cleaner simplistic look with it hidden and if I need to adjust something the side panels come off so easily it isn't even a hassle.
Quote:
This is with the front panel off correct?

That is just with the mesh filter cover taken off, the front pannel is attached in the pic. I took it off though when I cut the mesh.
Quote:
So the front lower part is a filter? and the picture up above is behind it?
Yep.

OT: Your avatar is creeping me out yet intriguing me every time I see it lol.
post #1280 of 4826
yea i like the big brothers better .g.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower