Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower - Page 219

post #2181 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsamurai View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul1 View Post

sorry for double posting... forgot to show the product trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs45kLbU73Y

You can click the EDIT (Pencil) button in your original post if you need to change/add anything. thumb.gif
Lol
post #2182 of 4826
650d coming in the mail in a week. any suggestions on mods? going with black red look.

I have 2600k, maximus iv, hx 1000, h100 (coming), velicoraptor (coming), force gt 128gb ssd (looking for a deal on it), corsair dominator gt (lookin for a deal) trying to sli 6950 or 6970.

need to find sleeve extensions for gpu and mobo power where can i get them? (only found nzxt brand for like 8 a piece)

Thanks!!
post #2183 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

any suggestions on mods?

Fab a PSU cover, cleans things up nicely and gives you a space to hide some cables so the back panel isn't so crowded.

See the one I made here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/907643/corsair-obsidian-650d-mid-tower/2120#post_16495999
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2184 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrr View Post

IMG_0035.jpg

Looking at this again reminds me that I was going to try and get rid of the colored wires showing for the front USB, firewire ect. Anybody have any ideas? Is heat shrink flexible enough to make the curve behind the motherboard? I don't really want to rewire with black wires or sleeve each cable.
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2185 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrr View Post

Looking at this again reminds me that I was going to try and get rid of the colored wires showing for the front USB, firewire ect. Anybody have any ideas? Is heat shrink flexible enough to make the curve behind the motherboard? I don't really want to rewire with black wires or sleeve each cable.

Bitfenix does sleeved extensions for these if I'm not mistaken.
First build ever
(20 items)
 
Surface Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe MSI GTX 770 Lightning  Intel HD3000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM Crucial M4 WD Caviar Green WD Scorpio Black 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung SH-B123L Corsair H100 Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm blue LED Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE248H 24" LED monitor Logitech generic keyboard  Corsair AX850  Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie EC1 eVo piece of paper speakers built into monitor Lamptron FC5v2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317U Intel HD4000 4GB DDR3 RAM 128GB SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerOther
Windows 8 Pro Touch cover battery stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
First build ever
(20 items)
 
Surface Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe MSI GTX 770 Lightning  Intel HD3000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM Crucial M4 WD Caviar Green WD Scorpio Black 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung SH-B123L Corsair H100 Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm blue LED Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE248H 24" LED monitor Logitech generic keyboard  Corsair AX850  Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie EC1 eVo piece of paper speakers built into monitor Lamptron FC5v2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317U Intel HD4000 4GB DDR3 RAM 128GB SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerOther
Windows 8 Pro Touch cover battery stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2186 of 4826
450
post #2187 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrr View Post

Fab a PSU cover, cleans things up nicely and gives you a space to hide some cables so the back panel isn't so crowded.
See the one I made here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/907643/corsair-obsidian-650d-mid-tower/2120#post_16495999

do you have a guide or tutorial on how to make that cover??
post #2188 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

do you have a guide or tutorial on how to make that cover??

Create cardboard template to get the exact dimensions you want. (Get it right here and triple check it before you cut the metal)
Use the template to transfer the dimensions to the sheet metal. ( I used pretty thin stuff that is available at Home Depot)
Cut out the metal with some tin snips or a jig saw and file as needed to make nice edges.
Create the bend according to the cardboard template. I used my kitchen counter as it has a 90 degree edge that is nice and straight.
Wipe down with a de-greaser and spray paint you color of choice.
Install! Mine is free floating but partially held in place as its between the PSU and the bottom PCI slot on the case.

Hope that helps.
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2189 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrr View Post

Create cardboard template to get the exact dimensions you want. (Get it right here and triple check it before you cut the metal)
Use the template to transfer the dimensions to the sheet metal. ( I used pretty thin stuff that is available at Home Depot)
Cut out the metal with some tin snips or a jig saw and file as needed to make nice edges.
Create the bend according to the cardboard template. I used my kitchen counter as it has a 90 degree edge that is nice and straight.
Wipe down with a de-greaser and spray paint you color of choice.
Install! Mine is free floating but partially held in place as its between the PSU and the bottom PCI slot on the case.
Hope that helps.

it did Thank you! im buying some Carbon fiber vinyl so i might put that on it if i dont spray paint it
post #2190 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

it did Thank you! im buying some Carbon fiber vinyl so i might put that on it if i dont spray paint it

I was tempted to do that, post some pics when you finish if you don't mind.
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower