Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower - Page 304

post #3031 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by destined1ne View Post

Yes, why buy a Ferrari if you're not going on the highway. Buy what you need. Don't be excessive.

Yes but but but a Ferrari looks so nice in your garage. Hahaha
post #3032 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevada88 View Post

Guys, would it be a good idea to buy an mATX board? I mean if I don't use the stuff on an ATX board, I might as well buy a smaller one, right?
The board in question is Asus Maximus V Gene.

I dont see any problem with just going for mATX if you are positive you won't be going for multi gpus. well i think you can still do sli/xfire but the top card would probably wont get much air.

personally, if price is an issue and mATX is a tad cheaper, then yes, i go mATX. but if not or if the prices of ATX and mATX is the same/close enough, i'd go with ATX. *just* incase i will need the extra stuff.
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3033 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethermir View Post

I dont see any problem with just going for mATX if you are positive you won't be going for multi gpus. well i think you can still do sli/xfire but the top card would probably wont get much air.
personally, if price is an issue and mATX is a tad cheaper, then yes, i go mATX. but if not or if the prices of ATX and mATX is the same/close enough, i'd go with ATX. *just* incase i will need the extra stuff.

Well price isn't an issue. I want an Asus board but their regular boards don't have the same color scheme (red/black). Now, I could wait for their high end ROG boards but those will be packed with features I will never use and they will cost more than a 3570k itself. Hence why I think a Maximus V Gene would be good enough for my needs. And yes, as you mentioned, I will only have one GPU.
post #3034 of 4826
What dimensions should I cut a mesh to cover a 120 mm fan in the bottom 3 drive bays? I would do the measurement myself if I had a measuring tape to do it!tongue.gif
post #3035 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevada88 View Post

Well price isn't an issue. I want an Asus board but their regular boards don't have the same color scheme (red/black). Now, I could wait for their high end ROG boards but those will be packed with features I will never use and they will cost more than a 3570k itself. Hence why I think a Maximus V Gene would be good enough for my needs. And yes, as you mentioned, I will only have one GPU.

LOL - it's all about aesthetics!
post #3036 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourtop View Post

What dimensions should I cut a mesh to cover a 120 mm fan in the bottom 3 drive bays? I would do the measurement myself if I had a measuring tape to do it!tongue.gif

If you don't have tape measure how are you going to measure to cut it?

Make a cardboard template from a cereal box and cut from that.
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
Shrinkage
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
post #3037 of 4826
aesthetics is huge for me too. i got rid of a my 6950 2gb that i absolutely love and got an evga gtx 580 just because it is colored blue biggrin.gif going back to the mATX topic, looks like you have already thought about that so go for it thumb.gif
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3038 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethermir View Post

aesthetics is huge for me too. i got rid of a my 6950 2gb that i absolutely love and got an evga gtx 580 just because it is colored blue biggrin.gif going back to the mATX topic, looks like you have already thought about that so go for it thumb.gif

Indeed I have, just want to get some opinions/thoughts why an ATX board would be better since I couldn't think of any myself.
post #3039 of 4826
I've got the Maximus IV Gene-z/Gen3 board and I love it. I have no need for the extra expansion slots, so why pay for them? Its a great little board, I'm sure the Maximus V Gene-Z is too.
 
2013 Gaming Build
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 XFX 7970 Black Edition Mushkin Redline Frostbyte - 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Baracuda 500GB Samsung DVD/RW CNPS9900 MAX 2 x 140mm BitFenix Spectre Pros (intake) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1 x 120mm BitFenix Spectre Pro (exhaust) 1 x 200mm BitFenix Spectre Pro (intake) Win 7 Pro 64Bit Samsung P2770 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 1st Gen Seasonic X760 Gold Corsair 650D Razer Naga 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steel Series Cloth pad SB X-FI MB 2 Corsair Force GT 128GB SSD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Sabertooth Z-77 Gigabyte Radeon 7970 Windforce Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX Corsair H100i Windows 7 Pro Samsung P2770FH 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2770FH Logitech G-15 1st Gen XFX 850W Black Edition Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
 
2013 Gaming Build
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 XFX 7970 Black Edition Mushkin Redline Frostbyte - 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Baracuda 500GB Samsung DVD/RW CNPS9900 MAX 2 x 140mm BitFenix Spectre Pros (intake) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1 x 120mm BitFenix Spectre Pro (exhaust) 1 x 200mm BitFenix Spectre Pro (intake) Win 7 Pro 64Bit Samsung P2770 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 1st Gen Seasonic X760 Gold Corsair 650D Razer Naga 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steel Series Cloth pad SB X-FI MB 2 Corsair Force GT 128GB SSD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Sabertooth Z-77 Gigabyte Radeon 7970 Windforce Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX Corsair H100i Windows 7 Pro Samsung P2770FH 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2770FH Logitech G-15 1st Gen XFX 850W Black Edition Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3040 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrr View Post

If you don't have tape measure how are you going to measure to cut it?
Make a cardboard template from a cereal box and cut from that.

I don't have a way to cut it myself so I'm mailing it to my Dad and he'll need the measurements.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower