Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower - Page 422

post #4211 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by deundem View Post

your cards will say thank you kind sir! biggrin.gif
changed my blue leds to the white ones, i like it so much better, what do you think? (the b/w reminds me of casablanca lol laugher.gif) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


The white LEDs look good and that B/W scheme is pretty slick biggrin.gif

BTW what sound card is it that you're using? I've been considering getting an ASUS Xonar but not sure whether I should use it for my speakers or for my headset.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys, biggrin.gif

cheers
post #4212 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekinRage View Post

The white LEDs look good and that B/W scheme is pretty slick biggrin.gif
BTW what sound card is it that you're using? I've been considering getting an ASUS Xonar but not sure whether I should use it for my speakers or for my headset.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks guys, biggrin.gif
cheers

It's an Asus Xonar D2. Wheter you'll use it with decent speakers or with decent headphones, you definitely will hear a difference to the onboard sound with nearly all xonar audio cards.
Just check which connectors you need

pic
Blue Night
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k  ASUS P8Z77-P  Asus 660 TI Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DrivePowerCaseAudio
Samsung SSD 830 Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W Corsair Obsidian 650D Asus Xonar D2 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Night
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k  ASUS P8Z77-P  Asus 660 TI Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DrivePowerCaseAudio
Samsung SSD 830 Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W Corsair Obsidian 650D Asus Xonar D2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4213 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by deundem View Post

It's an Asus Xonar D2. Wheter you'll use it with decent speakers or with decent headphones, you definitely will hear a difference to the onboard sound with nearly all xonar audio cards.
Just check which connectors you need
pic Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I know that I have PCI Express slots that are still available for the card so that shouldn't be a problem wink.gif

Thanks for the help, I might look into this card....unless others here on the forum have other cards in mind lol
post #4214 of 4826
Mild re-build into my 650D. A new mobo/RAM/CPU upgrade, and re wire-managed. This case still cleans up real nice!



post #4215 of 4826


Blue Night
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k  ASUS P8Z77-P  Asus 660 TI Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DrivePowerCaseAudio
Samsung SSD 830 Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W Corsair Obsidian 650D Asus Xonar D2 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Night
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k  ASUS P8Z77-P  Asus 660 TI Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DrivePowerCaseAudio
Samsung SSD 830 Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W Corsair Obsidian 650D Asus Xonar D2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4216 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by deundem View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
/quote]

Holy long graphic cooler! What temps you reach now on load compared to the stock cooler?
post #4217 of 4826
Hi does anyone know If a Corsair AX1200i will fit in this (my) case?
post #4218 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

Holy long graphic cooler! What temps you reach now on load compared to the stock cooler?

yes its freaking huge biggrin.gif

Not even that great lol.

gtx660ti:
with stockcooler: 2h FarCry3 @ full details about 74 celcius d

with Xtreme 3: 2h Facry3 @ Full details about 65 celcius d.

gpu is quite cooler, but not as much as I expected it to be. but the fans are really silent, i can't hear them until 60% fan speed

yessir.gif


Edited by deundem - 12/16/12 at 9:53am
Blue Night
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k  ASUS P8Z77-P  Asus 660 TI Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DrivePowerCaseAudio
Samsung SSD 830 Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W Corsair Obsidian 650D Asus Xonar D2 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Night
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k  ASUS P8Z77-P  Asus 660 TI Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DrivePowerCaseAudio
Samsung SSD 830 Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W Corsair Obsidian 650D Asus Xonar D2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4219 of 4826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darujhistan View Post

Hi does anyone know If a Corsair AX1200i will fit in this (my) case?

Yes that should fit in the 650D no problem.... The only issue you may have is moving the HDD tray closer to the PSU, since it's a longer PSU that wouldn't really work.

If you left the HDD trays in the stock position it works great or you could increase airflow by putting the drives in the 5.25" bays.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Cheers thumb.gif
post #4220 of 4826
For the people who put the 600T front mesh on this case how do you make it stick to it, and is it removable? (I searched the first 100 or so pages and I must have missed the info)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deundem View Post

yes its freaking huge biggrin.gif
Not even that great lol.
gtx660ti:
with stockcooler: 2h FarCry3 @ full details about 74 celcius d
with Xtreme 3: 2h Facry3 @ Full details about 65 celcius d.
gpu is quite cooler, but not as much as I expected it to be. but the fans are really silent, i can't hear them until 60% fan speed
yessir.gif
For the people who put a front 600T mesh filter on there HDD cage, how do you make it so it stays and is it removable?

As for you, I don't get your temperatures, I run with Galaxy stock fans on my GTX 660Ti 3gb and I have temps of 60C-65C when it is at 99% strength
(Btw farcry 3 uses from 80-99% of the card, it's not 99% most of the time...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower