I had a couple of PM's from xyeLz with questions that I thought would be relevant to the discussion since I suspect many of you have similar ones. (Posted with permission- Thanks xyeLz! ):
Originally Posted by xyeLz
I know you're gonna hate to hear this but I have a TON of questions about your cases if you wouldn't mind helping me out?
I was originally going to get a LittleDevil PC-V8 and I am so thankful I came across these because they completely outdo his system in terms of my needs. I'm glad too, the price is now $200+ less and I am glad you're from the US.
Here are my questions, please feel free to get back to me whenever you can.
1) I'm not looking at getting any HDDs. Will 2xCrucial RealSSD solid state drives fit in the case?
2) It's hard to tell how many fan slots and sizes there are. Could you clarify this for me? Is there a specific intake/exhaust system designed for the fans or is it the traditional: Front = Intake, Top+Back = Exhaust?
3) I wanted to completely water cool my CPU and 2xGTX580's with a reservoir and all. Your case certainly looks big enough, but for security's sake, is it possible?
4) Can I select any design I want? Because that is just incredible customer service right there. For example, if I wanted the gray tinted glass on one side, a solid black top, and the vertical or horizontal grille on the other side, you build to order?
5) Do you offer mesh for the 5.25" drive bays?
6) What is the difference between the M8 and the M10?
7) With the horizontal support and small mounting plate, would it still be possible to have 4x5.25" drive bays? I don't want to stray from your "production" line-up but perhaps the HDD rack could be moved down while still keeping the front grille look? Just speculating, sorry!
I would love to take advantage of the 15% discount and order one immediately if possible. I am still working on my build so that may not be 100% possible yet but I can almost guarantee you I will get your case. I am in love with it.
I don't mean to sound like an ass or look picky but I guess I will explain exactly what kind is my favorite. Maybe it will help you . It's definitely what I want!
Exterior: 4x5.25" drive bays (2 of them will be used by me). 2 other ones in mesh (if you can't do this I will, no worries). Underneath that is the 2 grille setup you did with the fans. The gray tint glass on the door side as you already showed and the double vertical grille on the other side, also already shown.
Interior: This is where it gets difficult for me as I just can't tell. I will be sticking quite a large Corsair AX1200 power supply in there somewhere along with all my water cooling gear so it's gotta fit somewhere. I would say the horizontal support but only if it can fit the 4 drive bays.
Sorry for all the stupid questions mate. Really appreciate it though. If you'd rather just talk on Steam or AIM or something that would definitely be a possibility and I could avoid all of this stupid PM crap. Sorry once again but thanks so much.
Thank you! Questions are a good thing, so fire away - no such thing as a stupid question I've got so many things going on during the day, that this format actually works well for me as I can stop and start as often as needed.
So, in answer to your questions...
(1) We don't have an adapter yet for SSD drives, but that's only because I haven't had a chance to do one. It's on the short list of items of things that need to be created.
(2) There are many locations to mount fans. They are all 120mm externally (except for the 40mm openings on the MB tray - most people will probably use them as a "passive" exhaust without fans, but we provide the option of mounting fans if needed). At last count, there are over two dozen locations to mount fans. No one would use that many; the intent was to allow the user to have a great deal of control in managing airflow, depending on their needs. Most cases have a predetermined air flow pattern - we don't.
(3) Yes, the case was built from the ground up to support that kind of cooling and in a variety of ways, depending on what you want to achieve.
(4) For the most part, yes, you can pick and choose each panel separately (vented, windowed, or solid). The right and left ventilated panels are a little different because they serve different functions. The left is designed for an optional 4 fan assembly which is hinged, so you can swing it out of the way by releasing one screw. The right side is to support PSU's and/or a cross mounted radiator.
(5) You could use the optional fan mounts (as seen in some of the pictures). You add the fans later, if you wish.
(6) The M8 is an 8 slot case and the M10 is a 10 slot (needed if you're going to run 4 video cards). The M10 gives up the overhead radiator position (but it could be mounted elsewhere). For most people, the M8 is probably the better choice. There is also the pedestal (expansion module) that could be installed later, if someone wanted to really "max out" the system or install a phase change unit.
(7) There are 10 5.25 bays (not counting the HDD mounts on the other side), so you should have plenty of room. The horizontal support itself, won't interfere with 5.25 devices. It would just be a question of where you put the mounting plate and how big the item mounted on it is.
(Exterior question): You can mount an HDD cage the the back of the fan mount. It does mount the drives in a 90 degree position (up to four). Does that answer your question?
(Interior Question): No problem with your 1200. You can use the other PSU bay (upper or lower) to cross mount a radiator (hence the perforation pattern on the right side).
Let me know if I missed anything
CaseLabsEdited by Jim-CL - 1/26/11 at 4:22pm