Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Best Power supply (750W) for Under 80.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Power supply (750W) for Under 80.

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hey guys I'm looking for a new PSU to power this beast 6950. My Crappy 550 Diablotek can't handle it. What's the best PSU You can get for under 80? (I would like a 750) Also If you guys are selling one let me know I might get at you. I Really want a Corsair 750 But Can't afford it.

EDIT:
I was looking at this ultra PSU has anyone used it? Is it any good?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6567&body=MAIN
Edited by amd4200 - 1/5/11 at 8:14pm
ivysaur
(15 items)
 
ASUS N56VM
(6 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3610QM GeForce GT630M 6 GB DDR3 750Gb  
OSAudio
Windows 8 Bang & Olufsen ICEpower 
  hide details  
Reply
ivysaur
(15 items)
 
ASUS N56VM
(6 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3610QM GeForce GT630M 6 GB DDR3 750Gb  
OSAudio
Windows 8 Bang & Olufsen ICEpower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 9
Sorry but a good 750W unit isn't happening at $80. Expect to pay at least $100.
The SeaSonic SS-750HT is $109.99 and the XFX 750W BE is $99.99 after MIR. As far as I know they're basically the same unit except the XFX is modular and not bland looking. The Antec EA750 is also a decent option at $99.99 although it's not as good as the other two I was just talking about.

Although for a 6950 I really don't see why you'd want a 750W unit when a 550W could easily do it, with room to spare.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub View Post
Sorry but a good 750W unit isn't happening at $80. Expect to pay at least $100.
The SeaSonic SS-750HT is $109.99 and the XFX 750W BE is $99.99 after MIR. As far as I know they're basically the same unit except the XFX is modular and not bland looking. The Antec EA750 is also a decent option at $99.99 although it's not as good as the other two I was just talking about.

Although for a 6950 I really don't see why you'd want a 750W unit when a 550W could easily do it, with room to spare.
What he said.
post #4 of 9
That Ultra unit you linked to is pretty much a huge piece of ****. Sorry.
Edit: best you forget about Ultra altogether. Their units that are decent are completely outdated by today's standards, and the LS/LSP series is total garbage.
Edited by Shub - 1/5/11 at 8:24pm
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub View Post
That Ultra unit you linked to is pretty much a huge piece of ****. Sorry.
Well thanks for letting me know .
and I'm getting a new one because this chirps when I'm playing games.
ivysaur
(15 items)
 
ASUS N56VM
(6 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3610QM GeForce GT630M 6 GB DDR3 750Gb  
OSAudio
Windows 8 Bang & Olufsen ICEpower 
  hide details  
Reply
ivysaur
(15 items)
 
ASUS N56VM
(6 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3610QM GeForce GT630M 6 GB DDR3 750Gb  
OSAudio
Windows 8 Bang & Olufsen ICEpower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd4200 View Post
Well thanks for letting me know .
and I'm getting a new one because this chirps when I'm playing games.
That sounds like dying capacitors.



Try this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...corsair%20550w
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
That sounds like dying capacitors.



Try this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...corsair%20550w
The Antec TP 650 is the same price, is it not a better PSU?
EDIT: nvm got my prices wrong.. $10 more and no rebate. lol

Also here is this
http://www.overclock.net/online-deal...-750w-psu.html
post #8 of 9
That deal's been floating around for a while. Solid PSU, but it's a refurb, no real warranty, and they have loud fans.

The TP-650 is better than either, but is more expensive.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
That deal's been floating around for a while. Solid PSU, but it's a refurb, no real warranty, and they have loud fans.

The TP-650 is better than either, but is more expensive.
It's got a 1 year warranty it says. I purchased one from them yesterday. For 40 buck's it can't be beaten.
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Skt 478 P4 2.8 1m cache Gigabyte GA-8IP900 XFX 6600gt AGP Corsair Value Ram 1 gig PC3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 40gb IDE LG 22x DVD burner Stock Windows XP Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VA1932wm Logitech G15 Rev 2 Raidmax 450w  Raidmax Tornado 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Best Power supply (750W) for Under 80.