Overclock.net banner

P8P67 Pro vs Evo

13K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Robilar 
#1 ·
Can someone point the differences between the two boards?

(Evo is supposedly the better one, right?)

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalasa;11913448
Can someone point the differences between the two boards?

(Evo is supposedly the better one, right?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2;11913463
http://bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1973&pageID=9937

There you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalasa;11913886
That table is blunt and doesn't scratch the surface which is why I am asking here.

That review only mentions the Pro and Deluxe. :S
Seriosuly, man? Because you didn't ask anything specific and are asking something very vague, just which is better, so I sent you the link to a Feature Chart and a Specs Chart that covers all the main differences except for overclocking performance.

Most of the review focus is either on the P8P67 and the Deluxe version. Pro and EVO aren't floating out there somewhere, but will perform pretty much the same or else there would be more threads discussing the two.

#10 ·
Don't need the internal buttons, although they can be useful when you're constantly trying different configs for overclocking or need to test outside of a case. Basically, most regular users won't be needing it.

The 2 lans vs 1 lan, I think some people use it for different networks? I never quite understood why you'd want two as my gf's P5B deluxe has two. I just disable one. The pro comes with intel and the evo comes with intel + realtek. I've tried looking up benchmarks and they both pretty much are the same when it comes to real world use. Again most people aren't going to need two.

When it comes to getting the deluxe with the 16+2 VRMs, well the new chips use half the power and I have my i5 750 @ 4.2 on a board that has 6 or 8 vrms. Really won't be a need to get the deluxe unless you need the USB 3 panel and plan to run your SB at very high voltage (not for long though as that would probably kill it).

Edit: Forgot, think the deluxe can do 8x8x8x Xfire? That could be a definite reason to get one. Oh how sweet it'd be to have 3 way Xfire with some 6970 cracking wpa...

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalasa;11914554
What's NIC? also, are the on/off buttons and CMOS reset an important feature?

The only difference the chart mentions is the Gbit LAN, according to it the Pro hasn't Realtek? What does it mean?

Not much of a mobo savvy, sorry for all the questions and thanks.
NIC = Network Interface Controller.

The EVO has 2 vs 1 on the PRO

As i can see the EVO has one controller from Intel and one from Realtek, the PRO only have 1 from Intel.

The EVO is about 15$ more expensive so i would use the 15$ extra and get the EVO.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpALump;11921252
Don't need the internal buttons, although they can be useful when you're constantly trying different configs for overclocking or need to test outside of a case. Basically, most regular users won't be needing it.

The 2 lans vs 1 lan, I think some people use it for different networks? I never quite understood why you'd want two as my gf's P5B deluxe has two. I just disable one. The pro comes with intel and the evo comes with intel + realtek. I've tried looking up benchmarks and they both pretty much are the same when it comes to real world use. Again most people aren't going to need two.

When it comes to getting the deluxe with the 16+2 VRMs, well the new chips use half the power and I have my i5 750 @ 4.2 on a board that has 6 or 8 vrms. Really won't be a need to get the deluxe unless you need the USB 3 panel and plan to run your SB at very high voltage (not for long though as that would probably kill it).

Edit: Forgot, think the deluxe can do 8x8x8x Xfire? That could be a definite reason to get one. Oh how sweet it'd be to have 3 way Xfire with some 6970 cracking wpa...
biggrin.gif
The deluxe is 8x8x4x maximum. The third slot is 4x electrical.

The only board from Asus that is coming this week is the WS Revolution. The Rampage P67 is aways off yet. They both have an onboard NF200 PCL chip which adds additional PCI lanes allowing 8x8x8x operation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.