Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Such a hard choice!@@! Hellllp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Such a hard choice!@@! Hellllp - Page 2

post #11 of 40
Not a hard choice, 1366 is a dead end. 1155 you have some breathing room in the future. At least if you buy 1155 now you can resell it later and get most of your money back to get something else newer. But if you buy 1366 further down the road the resell value diminishes greatly because there will be something else that is going to be better and cheaper than the GOLDEN ONE.

And like the others said 8x by 8x Crossfire/SLI isn't going to hurt your performance much. If you're so worried about getting dual 16x by 16x lanes for Crossfire/SLI then get GIGABYTE P67A-UD7 with the NF200 chip. Though you'll be paying through the roof for it at about $320. That's enthusiast board prices right there for you when the motherboard costs as much as the CPU. Not worth it in my opinion. You'd be way better off waiting for Ivy Bridge if you wanted to go that route.

Read these reviews and then make up your mind:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...x16_vs_x16x8/1

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...Scaling/1.html

HardOCP:
"If you are running on a 30″ display at 2560×1600 or below, an x8/x8 SLI or CFX configuration will perform the same as a x16/x8 or x16/x16 configuration. The only time that you should even be slightly concerned about running at x8/x8 is when you move up to a multiple display setup. When we pushed the GTX 480 SLI at 5760×1200 we saw up to a 7% difference in performance between x8/x8 and x16/x16, in favor of x16/x16, but that was in one game only."

More here: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...6x16_vs_x8x8/3

Most people who are going SLI aren't going to go the way of Eyefinity. How many people are realistically going to use multi-monitor setups? A majority of people usually cheap out on their displays. People who have two displays are most likely programmers or engineers. It's not everyday that you meet a person that has a triple monitor setup. Multi-monitor setups are nice to have for gaming but it's not essential just like 16x + 16x is nice to have but it's not essential unless you run multi-monitor setups.
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 40
From the stuff iv seen so far clock for clock sandy is not 20-30% faster like everyone keeps saying i compared my i7 with ht at 4200 to some here and it was only 11% differnce thats not worth double the price. And hes getting a chip that he knows will overclock with a new sandy it will be the luck of the draw you can get bad chips on everything and it will be under a nice water setup so temps arent a issue for either sandy or 1366.
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal3Wolf View Post
From the stuff iv seen so far clock for clock sandy is not 20-30% faster like everyone keeps saying i compared my i7 with ht at 4200 to some here and it was only 11% differnce thats not worth double the price. And hes getting a chip that he knows will overclock with a new sandy it will be the luck of the draw you can get bad chips on everything and it will be under a nice water setup so temps arent a issue for either sandy or 1366.
Is that clock for clock?

I do believe SB is only a sidegrade to a 920 or 950.

Nonetheless I am still going to go SB. Runs cooler, and is faster bottom line.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD C-50 1.0ghz ATI 6250 2GB 32GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
External DVDRW Ubuntu / Windows Vista 9 watt AC adapter :\ Acer Tablet 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD C-50 1.0ghz ATI 6250 2GB 32GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
External DVDRW Ubuntu / Windows Vista 9 watt AC adapter :\ Acer Tablet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 40
Thread Starter 
bought the 920, mobo, and ram for $385 shipped and couldn't be happier. Sandy bridge is the dead end. yes, they will release a couple chips with higher frequencies, but with IB, it WILL be a new socket all over again. For the nf200 board, 2600k, and 4gb of decent ram, price was looking like $700. LMAO, no way..... 8-10% less performance for half. SOLD.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCactus View Post
Is that clock for clock?

I do believe SB is only a sidegrade to a 920 or 950.

Nonetheless I am still going to go SB. Runs cooler, and is faster bottom line.
Yea both at 4200mhz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey I7 View Post
bought the 920, mobo, and ram for $385 shipped and couldn't be happier. Sandy bridge is the dead end. yes, they will release a couple chips with higher frequencies, but with IB, it WILL be a new socket all over again. For the nf200 board, 2600k, and 4gb of decent ram, price was looking like $700. LMAO, no way..... 8-10% less performance for half. SOLD.
Lol every intel socket is a dead end soon as it comes out sandy will not get any 6 core support thats going to the 1365 socket and for us overclockers faster cpus mean nothing cause we are already overclocking them to those speeds.
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 40
Well i know the scaling, do you wanna see?
its a sneak peak at my performance review of the board, I was so suprised i shat my pants, i had to rerun everything multiple times, there was no difference. P67A-UD7 is equal to or beats the X58A-UD5, at 2.8ghz both chips are the same speeds, the i7930 wins some benches the i7 2600k wins others. i think its becuase the new PCI-E controller is just that good, it makes up for the latency from the NF200. PCI-E 2.0 >>> PCI-e 1.0. I also think CPU OC has somthing to do with PCi-E controller, i think it OCes it, makes kinda sense as the PCi-E and VTT are tied together, even their voltages are tied together. As you can see as same clock 2.8ghz in 3dmark11, the 930 graphics wins, but at 3.4ghz the 2600K wins.
P67A-UD7 2600K ES
X58A-UD5 i7 930

Both used:
Same monitor
Same Graphics cards SLI GTX570 Stock
Same PSU Sparkle 1000W gold
Same RAM speeds
same HDD.





Edited by Sin0822 - 1/6/11 at 11:39pm
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 40
lol they compare a 4.2 to a 5.1 thats not a clock to clock compare and not every sb will hit 5.1ghz. That scaling does not impress me alot to be honest for the price you gota spend on it.
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
Well i know the scaling, do you wanna see?
its a sneak peak at my performance review of the board, I was so suprised i shat my pants, i had to rerun everything multiple times, there was no difference. P67A-UD7 is equal to or beats the X58A-UD5, at 2.8ghz both chips are the same speeds, the i7930 wins some benches the i7 2600k wins others. i think its becuase the new PCI-E controller is just that good, it makes up for the latency from the NF200. PCI-E 2.0 >>> PCI-e 1.0.
P67A-UD7 2600K ES
X58A-UD5 i7 930

Both used:
Same monitor
Same Graphics cards SLI GTX570
Same PSU Sparkle 1000W gold
Same RAM speeds
same HDD.
sure, now can i have a spec chart with BOTH the chips running at EXACTLY the same speeds? not 4.2 and 5.1?!? LOL look at the only TRUE comparisons between them, where they both are running at 2.8. Interesting? I think not. ***** sandy bridge. Thank you Jesus himself for this processor so I could get such a deal on my new baby.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob View Post
Not a hard choice, 1366 is a dead end. 1155 you have some breathing room in the future. At least if you buy 1155 now you can resell it later and get most of your money back to get something else newer. But if you buy 1366 further down the road the resell value diminishes greatly because there will be something else that is going to be better and cheaper than the GOLDEN ONE.

And like the others said 8x by 8x Crossfire/SLI isn't going to hurt your performance much. If you're so worried about getting dual 16x by 16x lanes for Crossfire/SLI then get GIGABYTE P67A-UD7 with the NF200 chip. Though you'll be paying through the roof for it at about $320. That's enthusiast board prices right there for you when the motherboard costs as much as the CPU. Not worth it in my opinion. You'd be way better off waiting for Ivy Bridge if you wanted to go that route.

Read these reviews and then make up your mind:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...x16_vs_x16x8/1

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...Scaling/1.html

HardOCP:
"If you are running on a 30″ display at 2560×1600 or below, an x8/x8 SLI or CFX configuration will perform the same as a x16/x8 or x16/x16 configuration. The only time that you should even be slightly concerned about running at x8/x8 is when you move up to a multiple display setup. When we pushed the GTX 480 SLI at 5760×1200 we saw up to a 7% difference in performance between x8/x8 and x16/x16, in favor of x16/x16, but that was in one game only."

More here: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...6x16_vs_x8x8/3

Most people who are going SLI aren't going to go the way of Eyefinity. How many people are realistically going to use multi-monitor setups? A majority of people usually cheap out on their displays. People who have two displays are most likely programmers or engineers. It's not everyday that you meet a person that has a triple monitor setup. Multi-monitor setups are nice to have for gaming but it's not essential just like 16x + 16x is nice to have but it's not essential unless you run multi-monitor setups.
And read my sig, CLEARLY states 3 23" 120hz monitors in eyefinity. Guess I DID have reason to worry about 16x16x.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 40
are you guys blind, don't you see the other 2.8/2.8 look again. i have 5 different clocks in each benchmark.

2.8ghz i7 930
2.8ghz 2600k
stock 2600k
4.2ghz i7930
5.1ghz i7930.


you guys have to be blind.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Such a hard choice!@@! Hellllp