DO NOT RECOMMEND for several reasons.
1. 3+1 power phase + 125W processor = ASKING FOR BOARD DEATH BY FIRE.
2. Corsair CX430 =
3. Holy expensive 80MM fans batman
Since it is not a gaming PC, the L3 cache would be mostly unnecessary; Athlon II x4 should do. Here's my suggestion:AMD Athlon II x4 640 + Biostar 890GX
- $179 [95W + 3+1 is a bit less risky, but keep to the stock cooler & you'll be fine]G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 7-8-7
- $65 (Get two for 8GB if he edits HD videos)
- $102 shipped [there's also a used one for $82 shipped] - Amazing low profile case/PSU, I own both and they housed/powered an SFF PC while on vacation for nearly a month. Except that mine cost only about $50 due to the amazingness of Vancouver Craigslist... IPCQueen 60MM case fan - $7 shipped
(Use zipties to affix it onto the back - it blows out air through the slotted motherboard I/O shield and back - really helps with CPU cooling since there's supposedly no exhaust fan there.Masscool 80MM
- $4 shipped (For the side 80MM slot; normally exhaust, but I recommend intake)
CPU heatsink: I don't see a reason to depart from stock; if you can find a Phenom II (heatpipes) stock cooler that could help; you can get a Scythe 100MM low-profile cooler
for $27 shipped open box.
Opt. video card: eVGA GT 430 low profile
- $74 shipped, $60 after rebate
$431 shipped for everything before rebates.
This is my equivalent small-form-factor suggestion. There is also my suggestion from earlier in the thread.