Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Please Help Me Decide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Please Help Me Decide - Page 4

post #31 of 37
Thread Starter 
Yeah I stressed them with Furmark and they are fine... I've also gamed on them heavily I have no complaints with them so far... The run quiet cool and fast as hell...

Just this windows thing... But like you I cant see how it could be the cards but that is the only change.

Ill try the resume thing a couple of times with each card separately just to make sure...

Thanks for the info on the diagonistics box... What is it for then? lol.
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilldawn View Post
Thanks for the info on the diagonistics box... What is it for then? lol.
Taken from the pdf of CCC 9.8's release: http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/Catalys...ease_notes.pdf

Quote:
Catalyst Control Center: Diagnostic warning message now appears in CrossFire
aspect when the only display is removed from the CrossFire chain
There ya go
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 D0 3.8Ghz ASUS P6T SE PowerColor HD5870 1GB 6GB Corsair Dominator XMS3 8-8-8-20 1200Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Wester Digital Windows 7 Home 64bit Acer 23" XFX 850w Black Edtion 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 D0 3.8Ghz ASUS P6T SE PowerColor HD5870 1GB 6GB Corsair Dominator XMS3 8-8-8-20 1200Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Wester Digital Windows 7 Home 64bit Acer 23" XFX 850w Black Edtion 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 37
Thread Starter 
Haha ok...

Ok ive been doing some extensive research on my hibernation problems... I have a bunch of things to try when I get home...

However one of the things I read is that sometimes vista hibernation doesnt work well with drivers (apparently this is more of a vista problem and less of a driver problem) including graphics drivers...

So Im wondering if that is the cause... Since it would make sense cause the only change other than installing the new cards is that I updated the drivers... perhaps I should try a earlier driver?

So whats a good previous driver I should try? To eliminate this train of thought?

Thanks
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilldawn View Post
Haha ok...

Ok ive been doing some extensive research on my hibernation problems... I have a bunch of things to try when I get home...

However one of the things I read is that sometimes vista hibernation doesnt work well with drivers (apparently this is more of a vista problem and less of a driver problem) including graphics drivers...

So Im wondering if that is the cause... Since it would make sense cause the only change other than installing the new cards is that I updated the drivers... perhaps I should try a earlier driver?

So whats a good previous driver I should try? To eliminate this train of thought?

Thanks
I don't remember when the 6850's became officially supported, so check the AMD website:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

After putting in all your info, there is a "previous versions" near the bottom of the page.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 D0 3.8Ghz ASUS P6T SE PowerColor HD5870 1GB 6GB Corsair Dominator XMS3 8-8-8-20 1200Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Wester Digital Windows 7 Home 64bit Acer 23" XFX 850w Black Edtion 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 D0 3.8Ghz ASUS P6T SE PowerColor HD5870 1GB 6GB Corsair Dominator XMS3 8-8-8-20 1200Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Wester Digital Windows 7 Home 64bit Acer 23" XFX 850w Black Edtion 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 37
Thread Starter 
Ah yes I know how to get older versions... Just wondering what version I should use... I've read around and apparently 10.10 is pretty good lol. Might try 10.11 though cause aside from the hibernation problem 10.12 seemed to work well for me.
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilldawn View Post
Ah yes I know how to get older versions... Just wondering what version I should use... I've read around and apparently 10.10 is pretty good lol. Might try 10.11 though cause aside from the hibernation problem 10.12 seemed to work well for me.
Yeah, 10.10 is good, 10.12 works...if you had a HD5xxx card I would say try 10.5's and 10.8

But alas, you don't.

Good luck!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 D0 3.8Ghz ASUS P6T SE PowerColor HD5870 1GB 6GB Corsair Dominator XMS3 8-8-8-20 1200Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Wester Digital Windows 7 Home 64bit Acer 23" XFX 850w Black Edtion 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 D0 3.8Ghz ASUS P6T SE PowerColor HD5870 1GB 6GB Corsair Dominator XMS3 8-8-8-20 1200Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Wester Digital Windows 7 Home 64bit Acer 23" XFX 850w Black Edtion 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 37
Thread Starter 
Hi all

Update.

After trying every trick in the book I have had no luck... I've tried:

- Making the BIOS S3 only.
- Enabling ACPI 2.0 in BIOS
- Resetting the hibernation file
- Using different drivers
- Enabling "repost video of S3 resume" in BIOS

None of them worked... So last night I finally tried to turn off Xfire and see what happens... Well this morning it resumed fine...

So I think Ive nailed in down to Xfire as the cause of the failed resumes...

So my next question is:

Do I have to restart my computer each time I enable Crossfire in CCC?

Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Please Help Me Decide