Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen during Windows XP installation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen during Windows XP installation - Page 4

post #31 of 67
TL;DR entire thread but that error is always memory related as some others have said. Bad chip(s) clocks or voltages.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600k @ 4.4Ghz Asus Prime Z270-A Sapphire R9 Fury X 16GB Avexir DDR-4 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 + 850 Evo 1TB + 64GB ... Be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SilentWings Windows 10 x64 Professional LG 34UG79G-B Ultrawide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma + Razer Orbweaver Ch... Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750 NZXT s340 Elite Razer Mamba TE 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries QcK Sound Blaster Z HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600k @ 4.4Ghz Asus Prime Z270-A Sapphire R9 Fury X 16GB Avexir DDR-4 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 + 850 Evo 1TB + 64GB ... Be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SilentWings Windows 10 x64 Professional LG 34UG79G-B Ultrawide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma + Razer Orbweaver Ch... Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750 NZXT s340 Elite Razer Mamba TE 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries QcK Sound Blaster Z HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrenolds08 View Post
TL;DR entire thread but that error is always memory related as some others have said. Bad chip(s) clocks or voltages.
yes should I use some program to test the health of the memory?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 67
On my old rig, I had a bad stick of RAM that caused the exact same error OP is describing. If you have multiple RAM sticks try trading them out and see if you gain stability.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-920 4Ghz Asus P6T ATi HIS 5770x2 6gbs DDR3 1600 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1tb Sony Optiarc DVD Windows 7 Acer X223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Antec 750w Antec 300 G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-920 4Ghz Asus P6T ATi HIS 5770x2 6gbs DDR3 1600 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1tb Sony Optiarc DVD Windows 7 Acer X223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Antec 750w Antec 300 G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Porkchop View Post
On my old rig, I had a bad stick of RAM that caused the exact same error OP is describing. If you have multiple RAM sticks try trading them out and see if you gain stability.
I just got these 2 new sticks by just telling the adta support team those are not working(well I wasn't sure, I just tried to make them help me to check), then they didn't check and give me what I have now, just one day ago.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2ee View Post
Here is the ram information I see in bios:
I can edit these if I turn to manual, now is automatic
speed: 667
5-5-5-15
voltage 1.80
totaly memory 2048
that's a start! I suggest you turn it to manual.

leave everything unchanged but, change DRAM voltage to 1.90 - 2.0. It should be safe!

Save. Reboot. Reinstall XP.

Don't rule that it means bad sticks just yet, it could just be the DRAM voltage that is not playing well. Set it to it's DRAM voltage and your problems goes away!
Edited by Mugenx - 1/8/11 at 8:48am
se7en
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3.4GHz 2600K Stock (w/ TURBO) BIOSTAR TP67XE (B3) XFX HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600 1.65V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 "3 x 500GB Scorpio Black WD 2.5" 7200RPM ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner 7 Professional (64-bit) 3 x 23" Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard XFX 850W Black Edition PSU Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 Logitech G9X Gaming laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
se7en
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3.4GHz 2600K Stock (w/ TURBO) BIOSTAR TP67XE (B3) XFX HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600 1.65V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 "3 x 500GB Scorpio Black WD 2.5" 7200RPM ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner 7 Professional (64-bit) 3 x 23" Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard XFX 850W Black Edition PSU Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 Logitech G9X Gaming laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenx View Post
that's a start! I suggest you turn it to manual.

leave everything unchanged but, change DRAM voltage to 1.90 - 2.0. It should be safe!

Save. Reboot. Reinstall XP.

Don't rule that it means bad sticks just yet, it could just be the DRAM voltage that is not playing well. Set it to it's DRAM voltage and your problems goes away!
How do I know what is its Dram voltage?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2ee View Post
I just got these 2 new sticks by just telling the adta support team those are not working(well I wasn't sure, I just tried to make them help me to check), then they didn't check and give me what I have now, just one day ago.
Well, I need you to be clear with me, right now, what do you want to do? Do you want to check to see if your RAM is bad? Because there are programs that I'll link you. If you don't feel the need to use a program, try using 1 stick and then switch it out to the other, try different RAM ports, etc. I just don't want to go through all these different options and find out none of them are what you are looking for.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-920 4Ghz Asus P6T ATi HIS 5770x2 6gbs DDR3 1600 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1tb Sony Optiarc DVD Windows 7 Acer X223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Antec 750w Antec 300 G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-920 4Ghz Asus P6T ATi HIS 5770x2 6gbs DDR3 1600 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1tb Sony Optiarc DVD Windows 7 Acer X223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Antec 750w Antec 300 G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2ee View Post
How do I know what is its Dram voltage?
Original:
Here is the ram information I see in bios:
I can edit these if I turn to manual, now is automatic
speed: 667
5-5-5-15
voltage 1.80
totaly memory 2048

What you should set it too:
Here is the ram information I see in bios:
I can edit these if I turn to manual, now is MANUAL
speed: 667
5-5-5-15
voltage 1.90
totaly memory 2048

everything unchanged except for those in red!

Question: j2ee, can you tell whether your RAMs are double-sided chips or single-sided? you can take a quick peek in between the RAM heatsinks whether they are or not.
se7en
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3.4GHz 2600K Stock (w/ TURBO) BIOSTAR TP67XE (B3) XFX HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600 1.65V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 "3 x 500GB Scorpio Black WD 2.5" 7200RPM ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner 7 Professional (64-bit) 3 x 23" Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard XFX 850W Black Edition PSU Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 Logitech G9X Gaming laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
se7en
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3.4GHz 2600K Stock (w/ TURBO) BIOSTAR TP67XE (B3) XFX HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600 1.65V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 "3 x 500GB Scorpio Black WD 2.5" 7200RPM ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner 7 Professional (64-bit) 3 x 23" Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard XFX 850W Black Edition PSU Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 Logitech G9X Gaming laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Porkchop View Post
Well, I need you to be clear with me, right now, what do you want to do? Do you want to check to see if your RAM is bad? Because there are programs that I'll link you. If you don't feel the need to use a program, try using 1 stick and then switch it out to the other, try different RAM ports, etc. I just don't want to go through all these different options and find out none of them are what you are looking for.
"f you don't feel the need to use a program, try using 1 stick and then switch it out to the other, try different RAM ports, etc. "
I did all combination already and had the same error in windows installation.

May be it is better to use program to check the ram health instead of incrase ram voltage? Increasing voltage sound scary for me since I know people screw hardware up doing that and I just get these ram from adata local support.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenx View Post
Original:
Here is the ram information I see in bios:
I can edit these if I turn to manual, now is automatic
speed: 667
5-5-5-15
voltage 1.80
totaly memory 2048

What you should set it too:
Here is the ram information I see in bios:
I can edit these if I turn to manual, now is MANUAL
speed: 667
5-5-5-15
voltage 1.90
totaly memory 2048

everything unchanged except for those in red!

Question: j2ee, can you tell whether your RAMs are double-sided chips or single-sided? you can take a quick peek in between the RAM heatsinks whether they are or not.
should be double sided normal kind
I just get these new ram from adata local support team, I really feel doubt why would I need to increase voltage while I am doing everything as "default"....just installing windows xp in a system without any OC.....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6500 2.93Ghz OC to 3.66Ghz Intel DG41TY HD5700 ADATA 667 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Green 500 GB SATA Windows XP professional Samsung 24" GTR power supply 380v 
Case
2th max 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen during Windows XP installation