Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22** - Page 274

post #2731 of 3000
Update mad.gif


HELL!!!!!


Dear god, bootmgr is missing is so anoyingggggggggg, i cant get to boot no mater what i do after i updated to latest BIOS! this is so frustrating, and to think that in order to got 100% stable oc start, i just formated my windows 1 day ago!

I tried startup repair wont work.
I tried cmd fixboot/fixmbr wont work.
I tried changing bootorder/disabling all drives/cd/usb controlers/ everything except my default boot SSD AND STILL wont work.

FRUSTRATING!

And yes i updated BIOS in the best order possible, loaded opt def, restart>flash, (instantly removed the USB after the flash was done-before restart - in order to AVOID THIS FRUSTRATING ISSUE) - restart load optimized, shut down, pull off power cord, waited 30 seconds, pressed power button to clear remaining charge, clear cmos, turn on the pc, guess what? yet bootmgr is missing!! im so nervous its not even funny.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.7ghz(1.39v) 24/7 +D14 Asus P8Z77-V Sapphire R9 290 Tri X @1160/1600 8GB HyperX @2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue EZEX 1TB & Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Asus Nocuta NH D14 WIN 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 2490wuxi (rev 1) Logitech Wave Cooler Master Vanguard 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Cooler Master Xonar STX+ HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.7ghz(1.39v) 24/7 +D14 Asus P8Z77-V Sapphire R9 290 Tri X @1160/1600 8GB HyperX @2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue EZEX 1TB & Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Asus Nocuta NH D14 WIN 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 2490wuxi (rev 1) Logitech Wave Cooler Master Vanguard 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Cooler Master Xonar STX+ HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2732 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside View Post

Update mad.gif
HELL!!!!!
Dear god, bootmgr is missing is so anoyingggggggggg, i cant get to boot no mater what i do after i updated to latest BIOS! this is so frustrating, and to think that in order to got 100% stable oc start, i just formated my windows 1 day ago!
I tried startup repair wont work.
I tried cmd fixboot/fixmbr wont work.
I tried changing bootorder/disabling all drives/cd/usb controlers/ everything except my default boot SSD AND STILL wont work.
FRUSTRATING!
And yes i updated BIOS in the best order possible, loaded opt def, restart>flash, (instantly removed the USB after the flash was done-before restart - in order to AVOID THIS FRUSTRATING ISSUE) - restart load optimized, shut down, pull off power cord, waited 30 seconds, pressed power button to clear remaining charge, clear cmos, turn on the pc, guess what? yet bootmgr is missing!! im so nervous its not even funny.

Did yo remember to change your SATA settings? (e.g. AHCI, RAID)
post #2733 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside View Post

Update mad.gif
HELL!!!!!
Dear god, bootmgr is missing is so anoyingggggggggg, i cant get to boot no mater what i do after i updated to latest BIOS! this is so frustrating, and to think that in order to got 100% stable oc start, i just formated my windows 1 day ago!
I tried startup repair wont work.
I tried cmd fixboot/fixmbr wont work.
I tried changing bootorder/disabling all drives/cd/usb controlers/ everything except my default boot SSD AND STILL wont work.
FRUSTRATING!
And yes i updated BIOS in the best order possible, loaded opt def, restart>flash, (instantly removed the USB after the flash was done-before restart - in order to AVOID THIS FRUSTRATING ISSUE) - restart load optimized, shut down, pull off power cord, waited 30 seconds, pressed power button to clear remaining charge, clear cmos, turn on the pc, guess what? yet bootmgr is missing!! im so nervous its not even funny.

Like Simpletech said...be sure you have selected the proper SATA mode (depending on what it was before) ... RAID, AHCI, etc. ... also, be sure your previously configured 1st and 2nd boot device is selected appropriately as this can get switched around too during bios updates.

I had the exact same problem before and it was a simple matter of looking at those two mentioned options in the new bios...

Best.

.joel
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2734 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rrah View Post

.be sure you have selected the proper SATA mode (depending on what it was before) ... RAID, AHCI, etc. ... also, be sure your previously configured 1st and 2nd boot device is selected appropriately as this can get switched around too during bios updates.
I had the exact same problem before and it was a simple matter of looking at those two mentioned options in the new bios...
Best.
.joel

I did, as i said in the post....nothing helped.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.7ghz(1.39v) 24/7 +D14 Asus P8Z77-V Sapphire R9 290 Tri X @1160/1600 8GB HyperX @2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue EZEX 1TB & Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Asus Nocuta NH D14 WIN 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 2490wuxi (rev 1) Logitech Wave Cooler Master Vanguard 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Cooler Master Xonar STX+ HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.7ghz(1.39v) 24/7 +D14 Asus P8Z77-V Sapphire R9 290 Tri X @1160/1600 8GB HyperX @2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue EZEX 1TB & Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Asus Nocuta NH D14 WIN 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 2490wuxi (rev 1) Logitech Wave Cooler Master Vanguard 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Cooler Master Xonar STX+ HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2735 of 3000
try disconnecting eveything except your boot device....a bios update shouldn't touch bootmgr
post #2736 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside View Post

possible to downgrade from BIOS 2302 MIVE? if i flash to it?
Anyone using it? some info guys, what i want to hear most is how does it overclock.

I'm using it, and it overclocks like previous versions. The only thing that is new for me is that certain system information utilities (hwmonitor, cpu temp, speccy and most of the time cpu-z) cause a hard freeze, thus requiring a reset. This behavior occurs on both 'bios defaults' and overclock. I am not 100% sure that the 2302 update is the culprit tho...
post #2737 of 3000
munaim1 is using a MIVE also. he loves it.

i didnt like it on my evo. i reflashed to 2301(2103 ?)
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2738 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelotti View Post

I'm using it, and it overclocks like previous versions. The only thing that is new for me is that certain system information utilities (hwmonitor, cpu temp, speccy and most of the time cpu-z) cause a hard freeze, thus requiring a reset. This behavior occurs on both 'bios defaults' and overclock. I am not 100% sure that the 2302 update is the culprit tho...

Don't worry I have the same issue with my P8Z68-V Pro. Sometimes CPU-Z will freeze when opening it. Version 1.59 and below didn't have this issue but 1.60 and 1.60.1 do. frown.gif

BTW, have you tried HWiNFO? Another good alternative to HWMonitor.
post #2739 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTech View Post

Don't worry I have the same issue with my P8Z68-V Pro. Sometimes CPU-Z will freeze when opening it. Version 1.59 and below didn't have this issue but 1.60 and 1.60.1 do. frown.gif
BTW, have you tried HWiNFO? Another good alternative to HWMonitor.

It's not the cpu-z that freezes, it's cpu-z that freezes the whole PC. HWiNFO does not freeze the pc, nor will Aida64. LinX and Prime95 run fine. I'm beginning to think that it might not bios related, rather OS...

BTW, by 'Cpu Temp' i ment CoreTemp tongue.gif
post #2740 of 3000
With regards to booting up a copy of Windows 7 via a USB thumbdrive, is there anything special I need to do within the BIOS to get this to work? Everytime I've tried in the past it never seems to work so I have to resort to using the DVD, but I'd much prefer to boot from an ISO via my thumbdrive so I don't have to use my DVD so much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**