Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22** - Page 58

post #571 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffsNasco View Post
Hint: no serious issues

not the same as no issues
My issues, had to clear the jumper after flashing the bios. Had to manually reset my RAM settings.

If that is going to make or break a product for you then...
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #572 of 3000
I just finish up putting together my new rig working smoothly but I can't change the Ram timing on bios option for some reason any idea ?
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #573 of 3000
What's everyone using for the max CPU amps? 1023?

Also, after I reset my CMOS I'm getting the double boot screen thing. Marvell controller is disabled.
Edited by Outcasst - 1/21/11 at 2:16pm
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #574 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
My issues, had to clear the jumper after flashing the bios. Had to manually reset my RAM settings.

If that is going to make or break a product for you then...
well just saying it's not perfect still an issue, i had that issue too i thought because my dad stepped on my ram
Hamber Brige
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 570 G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Black too expansive can't afford Windows 7 Pro too expansive can't afford 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
too expansive can't afford Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
Hamber Brige
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 570 G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Black too expansive can't afford Windows 7 Pro too expansive can't afford 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
too expansive can't afford Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #575 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmario View Post
I just finish up putting together my new rig working smoothly but I can't change the Ram timing on bios option for some reason any idea ?
Are you running 1053 Bios? I just went into the settings and manually changed it.
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #576 of 3000
Hey guys, I have a small issue:

I went and downloaded the Pro Bios and extracted the .rom file onto my USB stick,I then went inside Bios and went to the end.

I then selected the .rom bios file and started the Installation, it Installed fine...however now my Windows OS which was on the SSD is apparently missing.

Also I had Raid- 0 set up for my other 2xHDD which has also been wiped out and now just shows 2 separate drives, Instead of one at 1.8TB.

The thing is, Bios recognizes that the drive is there, just no OS, however it was working perfectly before the bios update.

Mind you I'm updating from the default bios that comes with the Motherboard.

Can someone explain to me how to revert back? Is this normal?

I was at the windows set up again and it saw all 3 drives, I could Install if I wanted.

However I'm suspicious that something went wrong even though it seems to be working perfectly, except no OS.

I'm not fussed about losing Raid 0 and Windows as I just Installed the OS last night,what I'm scared of is if this happens in the future where I'll have much more data to lose.

Thanks guys. (Will it also be safe to change the ram speed from 1333 to 1600? that is what my ram is rated at)
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
post #577 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatskeem View Post
Hey guys, I have a small issue:

I went and downloaded the Pro Bios and extracted the .rom file onto my USB stick,I then went inside Bios and went to the end.

I then selected the .rom bios file and started the Installation, it Installed fine...however now my Windows OS which was on the SSD is apparently missing.

Also I had Raid- 0 set up for my other 2xHDD which has also been wiped out and now just shows 2 separate drives, Instead of one at 1.8TB.

The thing is, Bios recognizes that the drive is there, just no OS, however it was working perfectly before the bios update.

Mind you I'm updating from the default bios that comes with the Motherboard.

Can someone explain to me how to revert back? Is this normal?

I was at the windows set up again and it saw all 3 drives, I could Install if I wanted.

However I'm suspicious that something went wrong even though it seems to be working perfectly, except no OS.

I'm not fussed about losing Raid 0 and Windows as I just Installed the OS last night,what I'm scared of is if this happens in the future where I'll have much more data to lose.

Thanks guys. (Will it also be safe to change the ram speed from 1333 to 1600? that is what my ram is rated at)
After flashing, make sure you re-enabled RAID. AHCI is enabled by default.

Of course it's safe to run your RAM at 1600MHz. Don't forget to manually set the correct memory timings.
post #578 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Are you running 1053 Bios? I just went into the settings and manually changed it.
yes I update the bios to 1053 I still can't change ram time setting its say AUTO with purple color mark.
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #579 of 3000
Hey guys, just a question about RAID... If I directly transfer my RAID drives from my current motherboard to a P67, will they be recognized or will I have to format? Thanks.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Asus ROG STRIX X370-F Gaming Nvidia GTX1070 FE 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 SSD Windows 10 Pro Samsung C24FG70 Redragon K556 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic X Series 650W Fractal Design Meshify C 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Asus ROG STRIX X370-F Gaming Nvidia GTX1070 FE 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 SSD Windows 10 Pro Samsung C24FG70 Redragon K556 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic X Series 650W Fractal Design Meshify C 
  hide details  
Reply
post #580 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKYBOWSER View Post
Hey guys, just a question about RAID... If I directly transfer my RAID drives from my current motherboard to a P67, will they be recognized or will I have to format? Thanks.
Usually only possible if you change from a similar manufacturer, e.g. from Intel P45 to P67.
It's unlikely it'll work cross-manufacturer, such as nVidia 680i -> Intel P67.
#well
(18 items)
 
Lenovo L530
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Sapphire RX 580 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Generic DVD±RW Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Samsung SyncMaster 2233 Ducky DK9008 Overclock.net Edition, Cherry MX B... Corsair TX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Core 2500 Logitech G303 QPAD HeatoN L M-Audio Fast Track USB 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 Ohm AntLion ModMic v3 
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge 3210M Intel HD 4000 Graphics Soldered Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD-+RW Windows 7 Professional 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
#well
(18 items)
 
Lenovo L530
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Sapphire RX 580 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Generic DVD±RW Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Samsung SyncMaster 2233 Ducky DK9008 Overclock.net Edition, Cherry MX B... Corsair TX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Core 2500 Logitech G303 QPAD HeatoN L M-Audio Fast Track USB 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 Ohm AntLion ModMic v3 
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge 3210M Intel HD 4000 Graphics Soldered Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD-+RW Windows 7 Professional 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**