Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22** - Page 75

post #741 of 3000
A lot of people on the asus forums are having this problem. A member found a fix that helped about half of them. You need to switch over a thing on the mobo(physically). Clearing CMOS and removing battery after. I'll find the link when I get home since I'm on my phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
I am having problems getting the machine to boot without BSOD at rated memory timings. I am in contact with ASUS reps to try and see if the problem can be diagnosed and resolved.

Here are my specs:

2600K CPU
Asus P67 Deluxe MOBO
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Gskill 8GB RAM (2x4GB) - 1600 CL8 - Ripjaws X (F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM)


I am on Asus BIOS 1053 right now...

I have a fresh install of windows on a new build.

The problem I am getting is that the RAM works 100% fine at 1333 CL9 (9/9/9/24). But the RAM is rated at 1600 CL8 (8/8/8/24) and I would like to use it as such.

When I manually change the RAM to 1600 8/8/8/24 or use XMP Profile to adjust to the same, Windows gets BSOD every time the machine is booted before Windows comes up. The machine then automatically restarts after 1-2 seconds on Blue Screen.

I have tried all troubleshooting steps...switching RAM, trying 1 stick, clearing CMOS, updated BIOS, reinstalling Windows, etc...nothing solves the issue.

The machine becomes very unstable including some freezing on black screen and double booting when on 1600MHz for RAM.

Again, everything is 100% stable at 1333. Also BIOS Auto defaults to 1333 whenever I clear CMOS.

I have cleared CMOS several times both without battery and pull and also with.



Not sure what to try next...??
post #742 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddog View Post
This is a known bug.

See here
THANK YOU! I posted messages on 3 different forums and got no responses til you. I'll try disabling PLL Overvolt and see if my OC is stable and if it fixes my problem.

update: worked like a charm, currently running prime95 on my 2600K overclocked to 100x46 at 1.340V. Previously I was 7 hr stable with load temp of 78°C, now looks like with PLL Overvolt off I might actually be shaving a few degrees off with load of 74°C. Cooler is a Hyper 212+ with dual fan config.
Edited by wongnog - 1/25/11 at 5:30pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe KFA2 9600GT 512Mb @ 743/1750/1026 Mushkin Silverline 2x4GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 2 60Gb SSD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe KFA2 9600GT 512Mb @ 743/1750/1026 Mushkin Silverline 2x4GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 2 60Gb SSD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
post #743 of 3000
Thanks...probably tried it...but post what you have...really appreciate it.

If it is moving the jumper to CLEAR CMOS, the Deluxe has no jumper just a button...unlike the Pro and others.

If it is TPU or EPU, I have not tried either...so we can test it.

Did the clear CMOS and removed battery many times.

The ASUS rep I am communicating with still does not have a solution but got my memory and will test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post
A lot of people on the asus forums are having this problem. A member found a fix that helped about half of them. You need to switch over a thing on the mobo(physically). Clearing CMOS and removing battery after. I'll find the link when I get home since I'm on my phone.
post #744 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongnog View Post
THANK YOU! I posted messages on 3 different forums and got no responses til you. I'll try disabling PLL Overvolt and see if my OC is stable and if it fixes my problem.

update: worked like a charm, currently running prime95 on my 2600K overclocked to 100x46 at 1.340V. Previously I was 7 hr stable with load temp of 78°C, now looks like with PLL Overvolt off I might actually be shaving a few degrees off with load of 74°C. Cooler is a Hyper 212+ with dual fan config.
good to hear.
I had less luck, with Overvolt off, it took a lot more effort to get stable when I had HT ON. With HT Off, no problem.

For other people, just turn off PCC Overvolt and then raise the PCC manually (I am around 1.86)
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus Pro Sapphire 6970 Corsair 4x4 
Hard DriveOSPowerMouse Pad
corsair 300 win 7 x64 None My desk 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus Pro Sapphire 6970 Corsair 4x4 
Hard DriveOSPowerMouse Pad
corsair 300 win 7 x64 None My desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #745 of 3000
Anyone here having problem with a asus p8p67 pro and the new 1253 bios with cpu overclocks? I set my settings to manual in ai tweaks and choose to overclock "by per cores...." and setting them each to 46 multipliers but it gets reset to "by all cores". I do save after exiting and it's a weird pesky problem

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus p8p67 pro sapphire 290x tri-x 2x2gb G.skill 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Click Clacks  Corsair 750w CM haf 932 G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus p8p67 pro sapphire 290x tri-x 2x2gb G.skill 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Click Clacks  Corsair 750w CM haf 932 G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #746 of 3000
Anyone get this problem yet? I was doing some benchmarking on my GPU and I got an alert from AI Suite saying my motherboard was 123C. I was like ***, I checked HWmonitor and it read the same thing. I did a quick restart and now the temps for both programs read 29C.
Anyone encounter this yet? Or have any idea *** is going on?

EDIT. Also I checked the logs in AI Suite 2 and it reads
[01/23/2011 at 01:24 pm] MotherBoard 125.0 Abnormal
[01/23/2011 at 01:24 pm] MotherBoard 29.0 Normal

[01/25/2011 at 07:36 pm] CPU 126.0 Abnormal
[01/25/2011 at 07:36 pm] CPU 33.0 Normal
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #747 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Thanks...probably tried it...but post what you have...really appreciate it.

If it is moving the jumper to CLEAR CMOS, the Deluxe has no jumper just a button...unlike the Pro and others.

If it is TPU or EPU, I have not tried either...so we can test it.

Did the clear CMOS and removed battery many times.

The ASUS rep I am communicating with still does not have a solution but got my memory and will test.
It's clearing the RTC. Not sure what it does.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...ge=3&count=119
post #748 of 3000
I think they are one in the same on the Deluxe (RTC and CMOS).

Correct me if I am wrong...the manual is not clear about this at all.

If they are different...that may really help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post
It's clearing the RTC. Not sure what it does.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...ge=3&count=119
post #749 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Anyone get this problem yet? I was doing some benchmarking on my GPU and I got an alert from AI Suite saying my motherboard was 123C. I was like ***, I checked HWmonitor and it read the same thing. I did a quick restart and now the temps for both programs read 29C.
Anyone encounter this yet? Or have any idea *** is going on?

EDIT. Also I checked the logs in AI Suite 2 and it reads
[01/23/2011 at 01:24 pm] MotherBoard 125.0 Abnormal
[01/23/2011 at 01:24 pm] MotherBoard 29.0 Normal

[01/25/2011 at 07:36 pm] CPU 126.0 Abnormal
[01/25/2011 at 07:36 pm] CPU 33.0 Normal
YEP ai suite is a piece...
i got a message saying my +5 v is giving me 0 and 0.01 sec later it was fine
Hamber Brige
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 570 G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Black too expansive can't afford Windows 7 Pro too expansive can't afford 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
too expansive can't afford Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
Hamber Brige
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 570 G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Black too expansive can't afford Windows 7 Pro too expansive can't afford 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
too expansive can't afford Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #750 of 3000
I'm getting a problem, where say the PC is off for a few hours or even a day,then I go to boot it.

There is power, the led lights on the fan as well as motherboard lights are on, however no signal to the screen,almost like it is off but working.


However after turning the pc off and turning it on again, it starts working perfectly and always when this happens my motherboard gives me an error saying "Overclock failed, please press F1 for setup"

However my overclock is stable as hell but just to be sure I put everything to stock same thing happens :S

Mind you this started happening around the time I took out the GTX 470 and replaced it with the EVGA GTX 570 SC.

Right now it is working fine, however as soon as I turn it off and leave it off for hours, I will run into the annoying issue again, any ideas guys?
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**