Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22** - Page 98

post #971 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ____ View Post
FUuuuuu. It's back to 30 fps in SC2 at min.
I also seem to have had to use an absurd amount of force to clamp the CPU in place. I'm pretty sure the motherboard thing scratched the top of the CPU.
I had this problem when I had vsync enabled. After that it went back to normal. Hope you have the same problem
post #972 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post
I had this problem when I had vsync enabled. After that it went back to normal. Hope you have the same problem
Haha, no, I meant going back to my old laptop.

Is it still scary to remove aftermarket heatsinks? I've heard many bad things.
So Saxy I Jazzed
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
IBM i7 2600k Gigabyte P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire GTX 580 SC Mushkin Ripjaw 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial X25-M 120GB SSD + 1TB Seagate Caviar Black '00 Honda Civic Corsair CNPS 9900 MAX-B Mac OS7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2360 overclocked to 120Hz Ultimate Nerd Cred Clicky Blanks Antec AX750 Cooler Master PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer G9x My desk 
  hide details  
Reply
So Saxy I Jazzed
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
IBM i7 2600k Gigabyte P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire GTX 580 SC Mushkin Ripjaw 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial X25-M 120GB SSD + 1TB Seagate Caviar Black '00 Honda Civic Corsair CNPS 9900 MAX-B Mac OS7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2360 overclocked to 120Hz Ultimate Nerd Cred Clicky Blanks Antec AX750 Cooler Master PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer G9x My desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #973 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ____ View Post
Haha, no, I meant going back to my old laptop.

Is it still scary to remove aftermarket heatsinks? I've heard many bad things.
Nope. It's fine, just twist the pushpins 90 degrees and pull them up slightly. Nowhere near as scary as putting them on.
post #974 of 3000
Guys I need some quick help, well not really help just seeing if anyone maybe knows:

My Intel SSD is pretty damn slow compared to my 2X 1TB F3 Spinpoint in Raid 0,

Raid 0 setup: Read:240-260Mb/s and similar in write.
Intel X25M SSD: Read:199-218Mb/s again similar in write.

Is this normal? Could it be because I'm using the default Intel drivers that came with my Asus Pro board?

Or god forbid I'm already being affected by the Intel problem,I hope not though as I was going to re-configure my 3 HDD's to the 6GB's ports instead.

I only have 4 devices connected, 1XSSD,2XHDD and 1x Blu-Ray Combo drive.
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
post #975 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatskeem View Post
Guys I need some quick help, well not really help just seeing if anyone maybe knows:

My Intel SSD is pretty damn slow compared to my 2X 1TB F3 Spinpoint in Raid 0,

Raid 0 setup: Read:240-260Mb/s and similar in write.
Intel X25M SSD: Read:199-218Mb/s again similar in write.

Is this normal? Could it be because I'm using the default Intel drivers that came with my Asus Pro board?

Or god forbid I'm already being affected by the Intel problem,I hope not though as I was going to re-configure my 3 HDD's to the 6GB's ports instead.

I only have 4 devices connected, 1XSSD,2XHDD and 1x Blu-Ray Combo drive.
Don't bother benchmarking sequential reads / writes. They are hardly ever used.

But it seems normal. My SSD gets about 200MB/s seq. read. But it gets 30MB/s 4k random read, as apposed to my HDD's 0.9MB/s 4k random read.
post #976 of 3000
Thanks Boyboyd, so what are you planning to do,get a replacement board when Intel offer one or work around it by using the Sata 6 ports?

Just a general question, currently I'm going to work around it with the Sata 6 Ports,however if we get news soon it is a much bigger issue.

I'll have to go through the painful experience of re-building the PC as well as long wait to send my CPU to Uk and then back to Australia.
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
post #977 of 3000
If there's a chance for me to RMA my board then i will. Unfortunately i used one of the worst e-tailers in the UK because they were the cheapest. But their RMA service is known to be crap. I might try and do it directly with Asus.

I'm currently running 1 Media drive and 1 OS drive on the 6GB/s ports until then though. There's some stuff on my media drive i can't afford to loose and only 90% of it is backed up.
post #978 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatskeem View Post
Thanks Boyboyd, so what are you planning to do,get a replacement board when Intel offer one or work around it by using the Sata 6 ports?

Just a general question, currently I'm going to work around it with the Sata 6 Ports,however if we get news soon it is a much bigger issue.

I'll have to go through the painful experience of re-building the PC as well as long wait to send my CPU to Uk and then back to Australia.
Wow!! I know that this news just came out yesterday, but I am not looking forward to having to deal with this. Anyone have any insight or better info as to the real problem?

http://blogs.intel.com/technology/20...esign_flaw.php

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Desktops-an...-Money-609626/
Video Editer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 470 GSkill RipX 1600(2x4gb) 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Ocz Ver2 120gb Samsung cd_dvd / LG BlueRay Win7 64 Home Prem HP 2711 
PowerCase
Corsair 850TX CoolerMasterr Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
Video Editer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 470 GSkill RipX 1600(2x4gb) 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Ocz Ver2 120gb Samsung cd_dvd / LG BlueRay Win7 64 Home Prem HP 2711 
PowerCase
Corsair 850TX CoolerMasterr Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #979 of 3000
I have a quick question concerning this whole fiasco, when I change the 3HDD'S to the Sata 6 Ports...I will not lose my raid-0 set up or Windows OS installation on the SSD, right?

If the answer is that I will Indeed lose the raid 0 set up and SSD with the OS, then I might as well get a replacement.

Thanks, also at Jefferoo here is a useful and informative link to get yourself up to date:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4142/i...-begins-recall
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
My System.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 5820K@4.3ghz Asus X99 Deluxe GTX 980 TI G1@1500MHZ Crucial 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 2133MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 256GB Samsung EVO 840 960GB WD BLACK 4TB Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-BIT ASUS 27" VG278 Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova 1000P2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G400S Razer Goliathus xtr Large 
  hide details  
Reply
post #980 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatskeem View Post
I have a quick question concerning this whole fiasco, when I change the 3HDD'S to the Sata 6 Ports...I will not lose my raid-0 set up or Windows OS installation on the SSD, right?

If the answer is that I will Indeed lose the raid 0 set up and SSD with the OS, then I might as well get a replacement.

Thanks, also at Jefferoo here is a useful and informative link to get yourself up to date:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4142/i...-begins-recall
Correct, you will not lose your arrays or os.
I even switched mobos, vanilla to pro and everything was recognized.
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P67 Series Information Thread (drivers, BIOSes, overclocking, reviews) **UPDATED 4/22**