Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [AUSAIRPOWER] China Chengdu J-XX [J-20] Stealth Fighter Prototype
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[AUSAIRPOWER] China Chengdu J-XX [J-20] Stealth Fighter Prototype - Page 13  

post #121 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzO;12230659 
The West is playing down the operational time frame. America thinks it will take China years before it becomes operational, that is, according to American standards where everything takes forever to complete.

This is China we're taking about, a country that gets things done, unlike the US where everything takes years to complete. Where I live (SF), it took the city 8 years to finally plug the sinkhole on my block. Now the governor of California is deciding to build a bullet train from SF to LA, I just wonder if I'll ever be able to ride it by the time I retire.

You are really comparing united states military research, to your 100+yr old streets of your broken city and its doomed economy? SF... heck CA as a whole is in terrible shape right now, and unfortunately (or fortunately if something happens) the united states is far more concerned with making sure we are the top dog, than your tires.

Besides in one post you say the Chinese economy can build fast and sacrifice quality because they are about the quick buck, but also if they want to they can make quality items... based on your logic of truncated time tables to maximize profit wouldn't that mean not building fast, thus the long timetable we are all speaking of.

All that being said, one can see based on your location why you have such a profound respect for the Chinese people, you are in a city with the largest number of 1st generation Chinese immigrants in the country, and growing up in the bay (which I am just assuming based on your respect for other cultures) does teach you about all cultures and their value. That I can respect, as I do understand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders54;12232446 
Actually, Norway purchased a entire JSF fleet. Looks like the F35.

This, JSF was designed and built as both a staple of our military, but also designed (and partially funded by the United Kingdom, Denmark, Canada, the Netherlands, Turkey, Italy, Norway and Australia) for international export
Codex Gigas
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 930 Asus P6 X58D xfx 5870 MSI 5870 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Xms3 8gb WD Caviar blue Western Digital RE3 Western Digital RE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
5 120mm Cooler master R4 Blade Master Windows 7 ultimate 64bit Viewsonic VX2233WM Viewsonic VX2239WM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2239WM Razer Lycosa Mirror 650w Antec Truepower New Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech Mx620 Laser Desk Logitech x-530 Creative Xfi Titanium HD 
OtherOther
Logitech G-27 Saitek x-52 
  hide details  
Codex Gigas
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 930 Asus P6 X58D xfx 5870 MSI 5870 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Xms3 8gb WD Caviar blue Western Digital RE3 Western Digital RE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
5 120mm Cooler master R4 Blade Master Windows 7 ultimate 64bit Viewsonic VX2233WM Viewsonic VX2239WM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2239WM Razer Lycosa Mirror 650w Antec Truepower New Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech Mx620 Laser Desk Logitech x-530 Creative Xfi Titanium HD 
OtherOther
Logitech G-27 Saitek x-52 
  hide details  
post #122 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
They had a fight? Really? Looks like i'm googling this afternoon! LOL
Well, my friend tells me that every time i mention a chuck norris joke. And he's really into the kickboxing / fighting thing so i trust him.
post #123 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih2try View Post
has anyone here known this yet ?
rofl i remember this, ******* top gun lol
post #124 of 130
From Yahoo answers: Did Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris ever fight in competition?

Quote:
I don't think so but chuck would've won. You see, most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Chuck Norris has 72... and they're all poisonous.
PMSL
Purpleannex
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Z68 Extreme4gen3 Gainward GTX 470 @ 740Mhz 8GB Mushkin Blackline LV (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz 9... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB Crucial M225 SSD 2 x 500gb 500GbB samsung 500GbB samsung Samsung SH-B083L 8x BD Combo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64-bit LG W2486L LED 24" 1080p Antech True power new 750W FT-02 B-W 
  hide details  
Purpleannex
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Z68 Extreme4gen3 Gainward GTX 470 @ 740Mhz 8GB Mushkin Blackline LV (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz 9... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB Crucial M225 SSD 2 x 500gb 500GbB samsung 500GbB samsung Samsung SH-B083L 8x BD Combo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64-bit LG W2486L LED 24" 1080p Antech True power new 750W FT-02 B-W 
  hide details  
post #125 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPriest View Post
You are really comparing united states military research, to your 100+yr old streets of your broken city and its doomed economy? SF... heck CA as a whole is in terrible shape right now, and unfortunately (or fortunately if something happens) the united states is far more concerned with making sure we are the top dog, than your tires.

Besides in one post you say the Chinese economy can build fast and sacrifice quality because they are about the quick buck, but also if they want to they can make quality items... based on your logic of truncated time tables to maximize profit wouldn't that mean not building fast, thus the long timetable we are all speaking of.

All that being said, one can see based on your location why you have such a profound respect for the Chinese people, you are in a city with the largest number of 1st generation Chinese immigrants in the country, and growing up in the bay (which I am just assuming based on your respect for other cultures) does teach you about all cultures and their value. That I can respect, as I do understand it.



This, JSF was designed and built as both a staple of our military, but also designed (and partially funded by the United Kingdom, Denmark, Canada, the Netherlands, Turkey, Italy, Norway and Australia) for international export
The US military, specifically the Air Force, takes decades to make up their minds about what they want in a weapons system platform. Look at the F22, the design is 20 years old. It has been in operation less than 10 years and it is being axed. Look at the KC-X program, the DOD and AF have been dragging their feet on this one, because they refuse to buy a product made by Airbus, and they cannot figure out what to do with the KC767, all the while they are still flying tankers that are OVER 50 years old while the newest ones were built in the late 70's early 80's. The C130 fleet is huge, but OLD, and the J models will suffer the same fate as the E models and early H's with their wing box issues. I can say that with the way things are going with fighting two wars, and cutting manpower and fiscal budgets across the DOD we are in a serious situation. It is only a matter of time before Russia or China can produce a weapons system equal or greater than what we have, and be able to make it faster and put in service faster than we can. This is one of many signs of a failing, ill-maintained country, like the failing State governments, or the national infrastructure, or many other factors where we were once great. The USA shifted from a manufacturing base to a consumer base. We buy more stuff and borrow more money from a COMMUNIST country than anywhere else. We have no clout with China because of this, and when they call to collect what we have borrowed, we are screwed, because where will you get the money from to repay the 1 trillion plus we owe them??
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
post #126 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obakemono View Post
The US military, specifically the Air Force, takes decades to make up their minds about what they want in a weapons system platform. Look at the F22, the design is 20 years old. It has been in operation less than 10 years and it is being axed. Look at the KC-X program, the DOD and AF have been dragging their feet on this one, because they refuse to buy a product made by Airbus, and they cannot figure out what to do with the KC767, all the while they are still flying tankers that are OVER 50 years old while the newest ones were built in the late 70's early 80's. The C130 fleet is huge, but OLD, and the J models will suffer the same fate as the E models and early H's with their wing box issues. I can say that with the way things are going with fighting two wars, and cutting manpower and fiscal budgets across the DOD we are in a serious situation. It is only a matter of time before Russia or China can produce a weapons system equal or greater than what we have, and be able to make it faster and put in service faster than we can. This is one of many signs of a failing, ill-maintained country, like the failing State governments, or the national infrastructure, or many other factors where we were once great. The USA shifted from a manufacturing base to a consumer base. We buy more stuff and borrow more money from a COMMUNIST country than anywhere else. We have no clout with China because of this, and when they call to collect what we have borrowed, we are screwed, because where will you get the money from to repay the 1 trillion plus we owe them??
While all, decent if not slightly diluted points, I am not really sure what that had to do with my post you quoted....
Codex Gigas
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 930 Asus P6 X58D xfx 5870 MSI 5870 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Xms3 8gb WD Caviar blue Western Digital RE3 Western Digital RE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
5 120mm Cooler master R4 Blade Master Windows 7 ultimate 64bit Viewsonic VX2233WM Viewsonic VX2239WM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2239WM Razer Lycosa Mirror 650w Antec Truepower New Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech Mx620 Laser Desk Logitech x-530 Creative Xfi Titanium HD 
OtherOther
Logitech G-27 Saitek x-52 
  hide details  
Codex Gigas
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 930 Asus P6 X58D xfx 5870 MSI 5870 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Xms3 8gb WD Caviar blue Western Digital RE3 Western Digital RE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
5 120mm Cooler master R4 Blade Master Windows 7 ultimate 64bit Viewsonic VX2233WM Viewsonic VX2239WM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2239WM Razer Lycosa Mirror 650w Antec Truepower New Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech Mx620 Laser Desk Logitech x-530 Creative Xfi Titanium HD 
OtherOther
Logitech G-27 Saitek x-52 
  hide details  
post #127 of 130
And it's politics. Stay on topic, or the thread closes.

AND STOP BASHING THE MILITARY, ESPECIALLY THE AIR FORCE. It's not our fault, if you want to point fingers, blame DOD/Mil Contractors, who constantly bust deadlines and then ask for more funding. Air Force just oversees the contracting job.

Gigalisk
(Forward Deployed)
Obsidian
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.3... ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 Mobo MSI NVidia GeForce GTX 970 CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2 GB x 6 Desktop Memory 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB 10000 RPM HDD LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H80i Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x HP V242h Monitors ThermalTake eSports KNUCKER keyboard Thermaltake TR2 TRX-1200M 1.2kW Modular PSU Antec 1200 Black Steel ATX Full Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
HP USB 1.0 2-button optical mouse STEELSERIES Black mousepad Logitech Wireless Speakers 
  hide details  
Obsidian
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.3... ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 Mobo MSI NVidia GeForce GTX 970 CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2 GB x 6 Desktop Memory 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB 10000 RPM HDD LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H80i Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x HP V242h Monitors ThermalTake eSports KNUCKER keyboard Thermaltake TR2 TRX-1200M 1.2kW Modular PSU Antec 1200 Black Steel ATX Full Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
HP USB 1.0 2-button optical mouse STEELSERIES Black mousepad Logitech Wireless Speakers 
  hide details  
post #128 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obakemono View Post
The US military, specifically the Air Force, takes decades to make up their minds about what they want in a weapons system platform.
Proof? In the past two decades, the face of war has flipped 180*, are you really suggesting that weapons development programs shouldn't have taken that into account?

Quote:
Look at the F22, the design is 20 years old. It has been in operation less than 10 years and it is being axed.
We stopped producing a Cold War-era design because there was no enemy at the time. And what do you mean it's being ax'd? Because we're looking for a successor to be in place two decades from now? Everything is right on schedule, that's the usual timetable.


Quote:
Look at the KC-X program, the DOD and AF have been dragging their feet on this one, because they refuse to buy a product made by Airbus, and they cannot figure out what to do with the KC767, all the while they are still flying tankers that are OVER 50 years old while the newest ones were built in the late 70's early 80's.
Actually, there was a whole political furor about technology transfer, domestic vs. exported jobs, capabilities, anti-trust, etc. And our B-52's, the oldest aircraft in operation, have a higher readiness rate than nearly any other aircraft in the world. Way to be an uninformed bigot?


Quote:
The C130 fleet is huge, but OLD, and the J models will suffer the same fate as the E models and early H's with their wing box issues. I can say that with the way things are going with fighting two wars, and cutting manpower and fiscal budgets across the DOD we are in a serious situation.
Some things only come into play with several decades worth of stress and airtime. Not something you can plan for. And we're only fighting one war now. Manpower and budgets are being cut due to budgetary requirements and a smaller scale of conflict. In fact, DoD is one of the few things that are "Holy Grail" and has hardly been touched.


Quote:
It is only a matter of time before Russia or China can produce a weapons system equal or greater than what we have, and be able to make it faster and put in service faster than we can.
Proof? Anything is possible - But with the two counties you mentioned, one still has an infant processor/software industry, which all major military technologies rely on now, and had an industrial collapse two decades ago..

And the other has only caught up due to industrial espionage and Clinton-era tech swapping.

Either way, you have nothing but blind conjecture to back these up.


Quote:
This is one of many signs of a failing, ill-maintained country, like the failing State governments, or the national infrastructure, or many other factors where we were once great.
Anything to back up this argument? Your opinion that the country is failing based on your own meaningless criteria means nothing. Yeah, those things need work. And they'll get it. Not as though the state government, or national infrastructure have really impacted much of anything. Unless you're blithely believing everything the media spouts.

Quote:
The USA shifted from a manufacturing base to a consumer base. We buy more stuff and borrow more money from a COMMUNIST country than anywhere else.
Derp. Not only is China hardly communist anymore [since you seem to think communism is a political, rather than economic ideology..] but, yeah. That's capitalism. We get cheap products. Which is.. DING. CAPITALISM. Of course, at this point you're on some personal tangeant about communism being evil rather than providing any factual basis for what you've been saying.

Quote:
We have no clout with China because of this, and when they call to collect what we have borrowed, we are screwed, because where will you get the money from to repay the 1 trillion plus we owe them??
We have no clout with China? Considering that if the United States dollar crashes, the entire Chinese economy would suddenly become a black hole of wasted reserves, that our military is what keeps their Thaiwan (a tiny island just off their own shore) ambitions in check, and etc. Seems like someone has been drinking too much Kool-Aid.

Considering that our country produces many trillions of dollars worth of goods and services a year.. pretty easily.

Do you even know why China has so much of our money?

We buy their stuff. They invest it back into our pockets as credit. We buy their stuff, etc. Their entire economy is based on the success of our country.

I'm sorry, you clearly have no idea how economics works.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
post #129 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding Chavez View Post
I'll repeat my question. So you think the Chinese communist government is good do you?
What exactly are you arguing that communism is better than democracy?
Personally I'd rather live in a democracy but if you prefer communism that's your choice and I won't insult you for it. It's called freedom of speech.

I think that concludes my side of this pointless exchange.
Freedom of speech is a sham.

Cops and government officials can easily get away.

US=Fake democracy, it's not that much better than china.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3750k @ 4.3 MSI P67A-GD65 Sapphire 7850 OC edition 8gb  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1gb sata hyper 212+ win 7 samsung 21' 
PowerCaseMouse
620w Antec Neo Eco NZXT Evo Tempest abyssus 
  hide details  
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3750k @ 4.3 MSI P67A-GD65 Sapphire 7850 OC edition 8gb  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1gb sata hyper 212+ win 7 samsung 21' 
PowerCaseMouse
620w Antec Neo Eco NZXT Evo Tempest abyssus 
  hide details  
post #130 of 130
This has gone on long enough... closed.
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [AUSAIRPOWER] China Chengdu J-XX [J-20] Stealth Fighter Prototype