Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › i3/i5/i7 Sandy Bridge CPU PPD Database
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i3/i5/i7 Sandy Bridge CPU PPD Database - Page 11

post #101 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
Awesome.

Did Intel say anything about max recommended core temps for 24/7?

I honestly want to up it to 4.8Ghz... But then I hit 70-72ºC easily on 1 core and that is kinda holding me back...
Intel hasn't said anything yet about the maximum core temperatures but it seems the maximum throttling temperature is 98C according to some tests. So I'd assume anything 85 or below is safe.

All they've listed is the tCase temperature, which is useless for everyone.
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 359
I figured I'd get in on this nice little PPD database. I already submitted one, but didn't have a screen shot. Do we really need a screen shot for every project we do?



Also, does anybody have any suggestions to get past 4.5GHz? My voltage is at 1.375 but that's pretty much all I've touched other than the multi and a slight bump to the bclk. Raising voltage doesn't seem to be helping me boot.
Foldy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4547MHz Asus P8P67 Pro 9800GT 1024MB + 8800GT 512MB 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Optiarc + LG BD-R Win7 x64 Samsung LN46B650 Antec Trio 650W 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4547MHz Asus P8P67 Pro 9800GT 1024MB + 8800GT 512MB 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Optiarc + LG BD-R Win7 x64 Samsung LN46B650 Antec Trio 650W 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeddlerOfFlesh View Post
I figured I'd get in on this nice little PPD database. I already submitted one, but didn't have a screen shot. Do we really need a screen shot for every project we do?



Also, does anybody have any suggestions to get past 4.5GHz? My voltage is at 1.375 but that's pretty much all I've touched other than the multi and a slight bump to the bclk. Raising voltage doesn't seem to be helping me boot.
Thx for submitting your SB stats!

you should fill in your system specs, that way we know what you are running
post #104 of 359
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeddlerOfFlesh View Post
I figured I'd get in on this nice little PPD database. I already submitted one, but didn't have a screen shot. Do we really need a screen shot for every project we do?

Also, does anybody have any suggestions to get past 4.5GHz? My voltage is at 1.375 but that's pretty much all I've touched other than the multi and a slight bump to the bclk. Raising voltage doesn't seem to be helping me boot.
Yes, to keep it fair we need the screenshot. I'l mark yours as pending for the time being.

As for pushing past 4.5, make sure you have flashed up to the latest bios. Like AMD_sli_guru said you ought to fill in your system specs, it would be helpful to know what motherboard you are running. If you have an Asus board, you will need the latest beta bios, which enables CPU PLL overvolt, which should get you up to 4.8. Most people report that past 4.5, using any bclock other than 100 causes instabiliy.
post #105 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digigami View Post
Yes, to keep it fair we need the screenshot. I'l mark yours as pending for the time being.
Ugh. The problem with that is that I won't be able to get a screen of the ones running while I'm asleep. I didn't get a screen of the one that's missing, because the WU was done by the time I realized we had to have a screenshot, so I guess you might as well delete it. I didn't realize people would might actually try to fake their PPD numbers. And if they did, it'd eventually be assumed that it is an anomaly / fake, because the majority of the community wouldn't be putting out fake numbers. Oh well.

Also, are we going off of average frame time, or minimum frame time? It's not exactly clear on the form submission. The points I submitted were based on the minimum TPF, because that was the only frame time asked for. I suppose if it was based off of avg TPF, you could fix it based on the screen shot.

And here is a screen for 6069.


^Updated to show project in HFM + system wattage.
Edited by PeddlerOfFlesh - 1/15/11 at 11:31am
Foldy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4547MHz Asus P8P67 Pro 9800GT 1024MB + 8800GT 512MB 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Optiarc + LG BD-R Win7 x64 Samsung LN46B650 Antec Trio 650W 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4547MHz Asus P8P67 Pro 9800GT 1024MB + 8800GT 512MB 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Optiarc + LG BD-R Win7 x64 Samsung LN46B650 Antec Trio 650W 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 359
Got a P6900 on my 2600K, I'll have a screenshot for the database here shortly!
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalRise750 View Post
Intel hasn't said anything yet about the maximum core temperatures but it seems the maximum throttling temperature is 98C according to some tests. So I'd assume anything 85 or below is safe.

All they've listed is the tCase temperature, which is useless for everyone.
Thanks for letting me know!

Are you running yours above 72ºC while Folding?

I really want to keep it at 4.8Ghz (1.345v, I'm at 4.6Ghz 1.3v right now), but honestly, having it close to 72ºC kinda scares me.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 359
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeddlerOfFlesh View Post
Ugh. The problem with that is that I won't be able to get a screen of the ones running while I'm asleep. I didn't get a screen of the one that's missing, because the WU was done by the time I realized we had to have a screenshot, so I guess you might as well delete it. I didn't realize people would might actually try to fake their PPD numbers. And if they did, it'd eventually be assumed that it is an anomaly / fake, because the majority of the community wouldn't be putting out fake numbers. Oh well.

Also, are we going off of average frame time, or minimum frame time? It's not exactly clear on the form submission. The points I submitted were based on the minimum TPF, because that was the only frame time asked for. I suppose if it was based off of avg TPF, you could fix it based on the screen shot.

And here is a screen for 6069.
^Updated to show project in HFM + system wattage.
Hey yeah, sorry I know its a PITA to do the screenshots, and I certainly hope no one would try to fake their numbers for submissions, but we have seen it before in benchmark threads, so that is why I am requesting each be accompanied with a screenshot.

As long as the client window is still open, theres no reason you can't just scroll up to the last work unit and take the screenshot that way, and use hfm's records for the TPF and PPD numbers.

We are counting minimum TPF and that TPF's corresponding PPD calculation, either via HFM or one of the calculators available online. I will edit the OP so that is more clear.

Thanks again for your contributions!
post #109 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
Thanks for letting me know!

Are you running yours above 72ºC while Folding?

I really want to keep it at 4.8Ghz (1.345v, I'm at 4.6Ghz 1.3v right now), but honestly, having it close to 72ºC kinda scares me.

Here's 4.8GHz with 1.35v and been running for about an hour or so.

The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 359
Those are some damn nice numbers...

And great temps.

Reason my temps are higher are because I have GTX460 Folding too So it's giving the heat to my Noctua.

Should I be fine at 4.8Ghz if I keep it at 70-72ºC 24/7? :/
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › i3/i5/i7 Sandy Bridge CPU PPD Database