Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IGN] Battlefield 3 Unveiling at GDC 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IGN] Battlefield 3 Unveiling at GDC 2011 - Page 6

post #51 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
Yuhuh
That's some mad photoshop skills.
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
That's some mad photoshop skills.
Heh, I could show you the log

Plus, you mean mad notepad skills?
post #53 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
no. COD was never like battlefield. COD was always like MOH, they added vehicles for 1 release.

Hate all you want, i just want to see you come back and man up and admit that you were foolish and stupid and that you are sorry for doubting. If i am wrong, i will be willing to admit it also, but at the moment there is no reason to believe bf3 will not a be a battlefield game.
Wrong. You only think this because you and like 98% of all COD players now were not around when Call of Duty truly first started. Life before Modern Warfare 1... Call of Duty United Offensive was the name. BF size maps, BF amount of vehicles, realistic weapons made with realistic recoil with realistic attachments instead of flares for flashbangs & scopes for ACOGs and that kind of stuff that doesn't really exist.


This and COD1 was back in 03-04, it was like they combined the best of BF1942 and added realistic weapons with Iron Sights, prior to this, very little games actually had iron sights. Back then, they made separate games from separate studios for the console version of COD. Just like how DICE would make a separate console version of BF2 called BF:Modern Combat. Then with COD2 & MW1, Infinity Ward made cross platform games, then when they realized consoles were where the money was, noobified the game.



It's happen before and could happen again. If it doesn't I will gladly eat my own fecal matter followed by a great game of BF3. If not then PC gaming is officially dead too me.
post #54 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJumper View Post
Wrong. You only think this because you and like 98% of all COD players now were not around when Call of Duty truly first started. Life before Modern Warfare 1... Call of Duty United Offensive was the name. BF size maps, BF amount of vehicles, realistic weapons made with realistic recoil with realistic attachments instead of flares for flashbangs & scopes for ACOGs and that kind of stuff that doesn't really exist.


This and COD1 was back in 03-04, it was like they combined the best of BF1942 and added realistic weapons with Iron Sights, prior to this, very little games actually had iron sights. Back then, they made separate games from separate studios for the console version of COD. Just like how DICE would make a separate console version of BF2 called BF:Modern Combat. Then with COD2 & MW1, Infinity Ward made cross platform games, then when they realized consoles were where the money was, noobified the game.



It's happen before and could happen again. If it doesn't I will gladly eat my own fecal matter followed by a great game of BF3. If not then PC gaming is officially dead too me.
yes. 1 game was somewhat battlefield. and it wasnt even all the maps, and the map size was not quite as big. Since then the series have been entirely different. Perhaps if more than 1 game had vehicles as more than a minor element i would have agreed with you.

As for life before mw1 comment. nice try, been gaming since long long before that.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
yes. 1 game was somewhat battlefield. and it wasnt even all the maps, and the map size was not quite as big. Since then the series have been entirely different. Perhaps if more than 1 game had vehicles as more than a minor element i would have agreed with you.

As for life before mw1 comment. nice try, been gaming since long long before that.
I can't help but think your mistaking COD:UO to the more recent COD:W@W where the maps weren't that big and there was like one vehicle per map. In COD:UO vehicles were a big deal. Wasn't just vehicles and maps, even the gamemodes were more like Battlefield. Like they had Baseassault, basically Conquest, and when you capture bases you get more tanks.
post #56 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJumper View Post
I can't help but think your mistaking COD:UO to the more recent COD:W@W where the maps weren't that big and there was like one vehicle per map. In COD:UO vehicles were a big deal. Wasn't just vehicles and maps, even the gamemodes were more like Battlefield. Like they had Baseassault, basically Conquest, and when you capture bases you get more tanks.
no, im not mistaking, i own cod 1. i own them all excluding mw2. i mistakenly bought blops.

maybe i am remembering it smaller than what they were, but i dont think any of them were as big as maps like kubra dam, dragon valley.
Edited by Vhati - 1/11/11 at 4:26pm
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 149
I'm pretty sure COD didnt start at United Offensive...

He's right 1 game had any resemblance to Battlefield. Every other game in the series was a lot more like MOH.
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
Reply
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 149
With the way things are these days, I highly doubt that they will gimp the console's gaming experience soo much... So guys, best prepare yourself for a "weaker" game...
Psylem Seeker
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 @ 4.0 Ghz / 1.28v Asus P7P55D-E Premium Powercolor HD7870 Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Toshiba 2.5in External 500GB Toshiba 1TB StorE Alu2 External Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB External DVD Writer Thermalright Silver Arrow OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SyncMaster P2350 @ 1920x1080 (Dead: Using 15in ... Microsoft All-In-One + Cheapie Logitech kb Seasonic M12II 750 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Coolermaster 690-II Advanced Cheapie Logitech Ozaki WoW WR580 2.2ch Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 
OtherOtherOther
UMVC3 Hori Fight Stick Launchpad S + Launch Control Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (incoming) 
  hide details  
Reply
Psylem Seeker
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 @ 4.0 Ghz / 1.28v Asus P7P55D-E Premium Powercolor HD7870 Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Toshiba 2.5in External 500GB Toshiba 1TB StorE Alu2 External Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB External DVD Writer Thermalright Silver Arrow OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SyncMaster P2350 @ 1920x1080 (Dead: Using 15in ... Microsoft All-In-One + Cheapie Logitech kb Seasonic M12II 750 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Coolermaster 690-II Advanced Cheapie Logitech Ozaki WoW WR580 2.2ch Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 
OtherOtherOther
UMVC3 Hori Fight Stick Launchpad S + Launch Control Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (incoming) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
I'm pretty sure COD didnt start at United Offensive...

He's right 1 game had any resemblance to Battlefield. Every other game in the series was a lot more like MOH.
Truth. COD 1, 2 were essentially the same. COD 3 had vehicles and expanded maps (and was an utter disaster of a game.) COD 4 (Modern Warfare) and 5 (World at War) went back to the original aspect of multiplayer in the series. Sure, there were larger maps earlier on, but they weren't Battlefield sized maps.
post #60 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Truth. COD 1, 2 were essentially the same. COD 3 had vehicles and expanded maps (and was an utter disaster of a game.) COD 4 (Modern Warfare) and 5 (World at War) went back to the original aspect of multiplayer in the series. Sure, there were larger maps earlier on, but they weren't Battlefield sized maps.
It was an only X-Pack.

Sure it was only ONE game that was like Battlefield but I remember on the forums. People loved it. It was really a step forward. I bought COD2 thinking it would be an improvement of an improvement. Seriously disappointing. Only reason why there was even a single vehicle in W@W was because some of the crew in Trayarch were from Grey Matter which made UO.


Your also forgetting that if you compare COD2 gun mechanics to W@W gun mechanics. They are completely different. They are both WWII games with WWII guns, yet in W@W they completely eliminated any recoil just like ever COD since MW1. Instead of good old bolt action iron sight combat we had basically a re-skin of MW1.

MW1 W@W Equivalent
Red Dot = Aperture Sight

ACOG = Scope

Flashbang = Flare

Stun Grenade = Tabun Gas

Sticky Nade = Semtex

Silencer = Silencer

etc...

Downright stupid, unrealistic crap that doesn't even exist. They couldn't have the console kiddies play true WWII games, that just wouldn't appeal to the masses. So they had to make it like some sort of James Bond game with all sorts of Gadgets. I already seen this happen to BC2 when they copied the COD Perk system.
Edited by xJumper - 1/11/11 at 5:34pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IGN] Battlefield 3 Unveiling at GDC 2011