Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 800D - Need some tips and tricks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 800D - Need some tips and tricks - Page 2

post #11 of 21
I traded my old case for my corsair, I didn't get those cable anchors too. I tried the sticky anchors (used in my old build) but they are not sticky enough and easily give. I need to contact corsair to find out where to get them.
post #12 of 21
It came with cable anchors?!?!

Those not-sticky-enough ones...well, 3M industrial double sided tape is a beautiful thing.

post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
I traded my old case for my corsair, I didn't get those cable anchors too. I tried the sticky anchors (used in my old build) but they are not sticky enough and easily give. I need to contact corsair to find out where to get them.
There ARE no cable-anchors included with the 800D.
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomboh View Post
Hi,

A few months ago I bought the 800D case and so far its a great case. I'm using a custom watercooling with triple radiator on top. I've got a few questions though.

1- How do you manage your cables on this case ? I dont see any hooks/holes/thingy where you attach your zip-tie so I tied all my cables together but nothing holds them to the back of the motherboard tray.

2- Where can I put my 30cm UV cold cathode so that I have the glowing effect on my 3 top fans (I'm using 3 Gelid UV green fans) and my tubes ? and how many sticks do I need. I currently have 2 sticks but if needed I can buy more. I've seen some people use 4 sticks. (Also is there a way to get rid of the PCI bracket on the back ?)

3- I read somewhere that if I use my C300 SSD in the hotswappable bay, it will be running on SATA II 3Gbps instead of SATA III 6Gbps. Is that true ?

That's about it for now Thanks
Sounds like you have a VERY similar set up to me! I'll click some pics when I get home tonight and post them for you of my cables. I also have some "glowsticks" installed, tons of fans, etc. and managed to deal with the cables in an acceptable fashion.

As for the C300, yes, hot swappable bays are 3GB/s per Corsair, but my mobo is too. Still chose to mount it below...

Pics to come!!!!
Diesel
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE MSI 790FX-GD70 EVGA GTX 480 2x 2GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300128GB SSD, 300GB HLFS, 2x 2TB RAID 0 Sony OptiArc Blu-Ray, Sony OptiArc DVD Burner Windows 7 Enterprise x64 ASUS 23" VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech UltraX Corsair 750HX Corsair Obsidian 800d Razer Diamond Back 
Mouse Pad
RatPadz 
  hide details  
Reply
Diesel
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE MSI 790FX-GD70 EVGA GTX 480 2x 2GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300128GB SSD, 300GB HLFS, 2x 2TB RAID 0 Sony OptiArc Blu-Ray, Sony OptiArc DVD Burner Windows 7 Enterprise x64 ASUS 23" VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech UltraX Corsair 750HX Corsair Obsidian 800d Razer Diamond Back 
Mouse Pad
RatPadz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
There ARE no cable-anchors included with the 800D.
, I thought those holes were for the anchors on the mb tray, might have been mistaken for another case.

I remember my old HAF 932 had anchors stamped into the mb tray, something like that would be nice Corsair.

edit: I'll try the sticky anchors/mounts again, I need something to hold all the wires I have
Edited by wermad - 1/12/11 at 5:40pm
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
i think once you close the back panel its not gonna be a problem.

Ive got another question. Im currently using a MCP350 with a EK custom top/reservoir thats too big to fit under the separation board (dunno what thats called) so i decided to get a xspc top for the pump and a T-virus reservoir. my question is : how do i mount the t-virus res? will i need screws ? also does it come with barbs already ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
, I thought those holes were for the anchors on the mb tray, might have been mistaken for another case.

I remember my old HAF 932 had anchors stamped into the mb tray, something like that would be nice Corsair.

edit: I'll try the sticky anchors/mounts again, I need something to hold all the wires I have
Nope. Tis why I went and bought MDPC's cable clamps. There's adequate holes for screws to go in the mobo tray.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Nope. Tis why I went and bought MDPC's cable clamps. There's adequate holes for screws to go in the mobo tray.
meh, I need to use screws for those, same as the cheap plastic clips and im not going to dump a boat load on money on mdpc stuff when alternatives are cheaper and readily available in the US.
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
meh, I need to use screws for those, same as the cheap plastic clips and im not going to dump a boat load on money on mdpc stuff when alternatives are cheaper and readily available in the US.
Meh, suit yourself. They don't cost much at all, and if you're buying sleeving why not buy some clamps too?

*hugs his clamps*

Would you like to touch them?
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
any answer about the t-virus res ? also nothing to do with my 800d but is there any other sexy reservoir available in canada ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 800D - Need some tips and tricks