Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Ro]New 'WoW' Expansion 'Best Selling PC Game Of All Time'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Ro]New 'WoW' Expansion 'Best Selling PC Game Of All Time' - Page 5

post #41 of 80
Scary thought, the sales revenue of WoW is greater than the GDP of some countries...
post #42 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque View Post
Cod is made to get in and out with no big investment on your life. WoW you live in fake lala world while the rest of your life passes you by. All the Wow gamers I know were ether very skinny or fat with no social skills or girls.
lmao, that is awesome.
post #43 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgrandpasdog View Post
How many $60 FPS games have you played for many hours a week for 4 months?
im not sure when was the last time i invested a heavy part of my life into playing video games. it might have been when CS 1.5 was the thing and i was still in middle school, but yea. lol. im not buying every single FPS game out there just so i can find a new game to spend 10 hours a day on. btw, i quit WOW after 4 months. lol

lol at all of yall
Edited by dontpwnmebro - 1/12/11 at 11:48am
post #44 of 80
Dam right it is =] ill be buying my copy once i finish my build.
Death knight
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A-UD4 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 1600 Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Lite-On 24 X iHAS424-98 Windows 7 Home Premium CORSAIR 650TX NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
Death knight
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A-UD4 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 1600 Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Lite-On 24 X iHAS424-98 Windows 7 Home Premium CORSAIR 650TX NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque View Post
Cod is made to get in and out with no big investment on your life. WoW you live in fake lala world while the rest of your life passes you by. All the Wow gamers I know were ether very skinny or fat with no social skills or girls.
Yes, there are people that play it too much.

I scuba dive, snowboard, paintball, mountain bike, rock climb, and raid with a group of active players. I even have a full time, well paying job, and am happily married.

I'm not bragging, because I know I'm not alone.

WoW gets a terrible rep, but don't automatically assume you can't have a real life if you play. It also costs me less than 20 cents an hour to play. Just try and get that value from your average game.
The Raptor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 965 EE, 3.86 Ghz eVGA X58 SLi eVGA GTX 580 SC SLi Corsair 6GB XMS3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160gb G2 + 500gb Barracuda 2x LG DVD+/-RW Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Asus 25" 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Slim backlit Corsair HX1000 Cosmos S Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
The Raptor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 965 EE, 3.86 Ghz eVGA X58 SLi eVGA GTX 580 SC SLi Corsair 6GB XMS3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160gb G2 + 500gb Barracuda 2x LG DVD+/-RW Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Asus 25" 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Slim backlit Corsair HX1000 Cosmos S Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
I prefer wow to have popularity, keeps all those chumps out of the games i play.
Ya what's the mechanics of it. If it weren't for the gas giants in our solar system hoovering up space debris earth would have been nuked 1000 times over by asteroids.
Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 80
No offence to anyone who isn't like this, but in my past experiences having all the terrabads playing WoW just makes games like SC2 more balanced because competitive games aren't being influenced by people who are used to not having to work to win.

It's happened one to many times to some of my favorite games and I'm glad WoW is a magnet for people who just want to bum around and play games with their friends.

<3 you guys tho ^^
post #48 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPotato View Post
No offence to anyone who isn't like this, but in my past experiences having all the terrabads playing WoW just makes games like SC2 more balanced because competitive games aren't being influenced by people who are used to not having to work to win.

It's happened one to many times to some of my favorite games and I'm glad WoW is a magnet for people who just want to bum around and play games with their friends.

<3 you guys tho ^^
agreed
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmost1022 View Post
Its not overpriced if you play it a lot. Also, WoW has more than 10,000x the content that basically any FPS has, especially one like black ops.
Can't you say this about pretty much any game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgrandpasdog View Post
How many $60 FPS games have you played for many hours a week for 4 months?
Counter strike 1.6. But then again, I play competitively.

EDIT Wait, you said $60 games. I only paid $20 for this game, so I guess it doesn't apply. And you also said 4 months. I played for 3 years, so I guess that's another reason it doesn't apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsMassive View Post
i know right, my mate quit college just so he could play wow more.
this game should be made illegal.
By this logic, so should every other game that becomes a person's addiction. I think it's safe to say that there are other games out there that have "caused" college students to stay at home to play all day, and thus fail their classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque View Post
Cod is made to get in and out with no big investment on your life. WoW you live in fake lala world while the rest of your life passes you by. All the Wow gamers I know were ether very skinny or fat with no social skills or girls.
How exactly is a game made to get in and out with no big investment on your life? Do game designers/developers purposefully make their games crappy so you just move on?
Edited by onoz - 1/12/11 at 2:24pm
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsthzn View Post
PC gaming, alive and kicking... (PS - Also, just because you don't like it/play it doesn't make it bad/inferior/stupid/lame/<insert derogative remark here>)
If they only have 1 game, which isn't all that great to begin with, be the reason why you think PC gaming isn't dying is not a valid reason. It is just like the wii, sure, they got some fair games, but most of them are garbage. But hey, they have sold massive amounts compared to Sony and MS.

Gaming in general is not doing so good, until now1. A lot of good titles this year are coming out and hopefully give us something different.

1 - in terms of innovation and awesomeness.
Edited by Domino - 1/12/11 at 2:21pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Ro]New 'WoW' Expansion 'Best Selling PC Game Of All Time'