Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel CPU with XP is more than enough
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel CPU with XP is more than enough - Page 10  

post #91 of 157
j2ee.

Humans, by nature, evolve. We adapt, we change, we better ourselves.

Windows 7 is just that. It is an evolution, a new generation, of a Microsoft OS.

Microsoft has evolved it's OS because:

a) Newer hardware:

Windows 7 supports newer hardware, such as the aforementioned F6 RAID drivers, DX11 capable graphics cards, SSDs, and much more.

XP Does Not

Why? Because it is outdated, the previous generation.

b) Evolution of User Friendliness

Windows 7 is now a LOT more user friendly, and easy to use, than XP. It provides more powerful features at a lower level of difficulty for the user. Again, this is because Microsoft EVOLVED it to suit our needs better.

Again, in this respect, W7 is superior to XP on another level.


j2ee, you continue to argue on the basis that Windows 7 is flawed and has millions of bugs. Sure, build 7200, was indeed, i admit, buggy and glitchy, but now the experience is virtually flawless. And indeed, if a bug, as you put it, pops up, it is immiedietely reported to MS for evaluation.

Sure, some applications do not run on Windows 7, but this is precisely why Microsoft made XP mode.

To run as if it was on XP

j2ee, please stop bothering the OCN community, your argument is null and void. The evidence is a 10 page long thread with users, like me, trying to convince you otherwise.

I respectfully request you desist commenting and leave us alone. If you love XP, stop embarrassing yourself and go have fun with DirectX 9.

Thanks

And no I am not from microsoft.
Blue Scout
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 E8400 @ 4.00 Ghz (Stock in summer) Asus P5NE-SLI 2 x 9600GT Black Pearl Edition 4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Seagate Barracuda, 500 GB WD 1 x Pioneer DL Burner Windows 7 64 Bit 2 x 17" BenQ FP71G+ 
PowerCase
1200 Watt Antec CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Blue Scout
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 E8400 @ 4.00 Ghz (Stock in summer) Asus P5NE-SLI 2 x 9600GT Black Pearl Edition 4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Seagate Barracuda, 500 GB WD 1 x Pioneer DL Burner Windows 7 64 Bit 2 x 17" BenQ FP71G+ 
PowerCase
1200 Watt Antec CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
post #92 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi864 View Post
j2ee.

Humans, by nature, evolve. We adapt, we change, we better ourselves.

Windows 7 is just that. It is an evolution, a new generation, of a Microsoft OS.

Microsoft has evolved it's OS because:

a) Newer hardware:

Windows 7 supports newer hardware, such as the aforementioned F6 RAID drivers, DX11 capable graphics cards, SSDs, and much more.

XP Does Not

Why? Because it is outdated, the previous generation.

b) Evolution of User Friendliness

Windows 7 is now a LOT more user friendly, and easy to use, than XP. It provides more powerful features at a lower level of difficulty for the user. Again, this is because Microsoft EVOLVED it to suit our needs better.

Again, in this respect, W7 is superior to XP on another level.


j2ee, you continue to argue on the basis that Windows 7 is flawed and has millions of bugs. Sure, build 7200, was indeed, i admit, buggy and glitchy, but now the experience is virtually flawless. And indeed, if a bug, as you put it, pops up, it is immiedietely reported to MS for evaluation.

Sure, some applications do not run on Windows 7, but this is precisely why Microsoft made XP mode.

To run as if it was on XP

j2ee, please stop bothering the OCN community, your argument is null and void. The evidence is a 10 page long thread with users, like me, trying to convince you otherwise.

I respectfully request you desist commenting and leave us alone. If you love XP, stop embarrassing yourself and go have fun with DirectX 9.

Thanks

And no I am not from microsoft.
+1 Rep I think you have said all we have needed to say. I am out lol.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 4.0GHz-1.27Vcore w/HT EVGA Classified E762 4-way Sli 2x GTX 670 SC 4GB in SLI 12GB Mushkin @ 1699MHz at Cas7 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raid 0 with 4x 250GB Samsung 840s for 1TB SSD w... Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Triple LG 23" LED IPS monitors Custom Max Keyboard Nighthawk 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Modded HAF 932 Black Edition Logitech G600 Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 4.0GHz-1.27Vcore w/HT EVGA Classified E762 4-way Sli 2x GTX 670 SC 4GB in SLI 12GB Mushkin @ 1699MHz at Cas7 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raid 0 with 4x 250GB Samsung 840s for 1TB SSD w... Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Triple LG 23" LED IPS monitors Custom Max Keyboard Nighthawk 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Modded HAF 932 Black Edition Logitech G600 Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
post #93 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi864 View Post
j2ee.

Humans, by nature, evolve. We adapt, we change, we better ourselves.

Windows 7 is just that. It is an evolution, a new generation, of a Microsoft OS.

Microsoft has evolved it's OS because:

a) Newer hardware:

Windows 7 supports newer hardware, such as the aforementioned F6 RAID drivers, DX11 capable graphics cards, SSDs, and much more.

XP Does Not

Why? Because it is outdated, the previous generation.

b) Evolution of User Friendliness

Windows 7 is now a LOT more user friendly, and easy to use, than XP. It provides more powerful features at a lower level of difficulty for the user. Again, this is because Microsoft EVOLVED it to suit our needs better.

Again, in this respect, W7 is superior to XP on another level.


j2ee, you continue to argue on the basis that Windows 7 is flawed and has millions of bugs. Sure, build 7200, was indeed, i admit, buggy and glitchy, but now the experience is virtually flawless. And indeed, if a bug, as you put it, pops up, it is immiedietely reported to MS for evaluation.

Sure, some applications do not run on Windows 7, but this is precisely why Microsoft made XP mode.

To run as if it was on XP

j2ee, please stop bothering the OCN community, your argument is null and void. The evidence is a 10 page long thread with users, like me, trying to convince you otherwise.

I respectfully request you desist commenting and leave us alone. If you love XP, stop embarrassing yourself and go have fun with DirectX 9.

Thanks

And no I am not from microsoft.
+REP
Well said
Old One
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Gigabyte GA-K8N51 Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1.85GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD5000AADS Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Stock heatsink 2x Arctic F12, 1x Papst 120mm @ 5V 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows Vista Viewsonic 19" 1680x1050 Generic EnLight 350W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Elite 335 Microsoft SideWinder X5 Cloth Pad Creative Soundblaster VX 5.1 
  hide details  
Old One
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Gigabyte GA-K8N51 Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1.85GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD5000AADS Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Stock heatsink 2x Arctic F12, 1x Papst 120mm @ 5V 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows Vista Viewsonic 19" 1680x1050 Generic EnLight 350W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Elite 335 Microsoft SideWinder X5 Cloth Pad Creative Soundblaster VX 5.1 
  hide details  
post #94 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWrir View Post
Wait im sorry...
DX11 is more secure?
Am I missing something about DX11?

Seriously.
I was talking about them in individual points... Thanks for your humor
Black Pearl
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k 3103B297# 4.7ghz@1.408v AShitRock Z77 Extreme 4 (No.2) ATI Gigabyte 7870HD Crossfire 16GB Corsair XMS3/Kingston 1600mhz, 9-8-9-24-1T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Green 1TB X2 (Boot/Storage), Seagate ... Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB (Backup) 2X Seagate Barracuda's 7200.7 60GB (Scratch) 2X Super Ritemaster CD/DVD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NHC14 P/P 200mm Front, 200mm Top, 120mm Side, 120mm Exhau... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit G2220HD 21.5" BenQ at 1920X1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultmate BF3 Ediiton OCZ ZX 850w PSU HAF912A w 120mm Side fan Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer Goliathus Control Edition Corsair Vengeance 1300's/Logitech 530's Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e Lamptron FC8 Fan controller 
  hide details  
Black Pearl
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k 3103B297# 4.7ghz@1.408v AShitRock Z77 Extreme 4 (No.2) ATI Gigabyte 7870HD Crossfire 16GB Corsair XMS3/Kingston 1600mhz, 9-8-9-24-1T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Green 1TB X2 (Boot/Storage), Seagate ... Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB (Backup) 2X Seagate Barracuda's 7200.7 60GB (Scratch) 2X Super Ritemaster CD/DVD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NHC14 P/P 200mm Front, 200mm Top, 120mm Side, 120mm Exhau... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit G2220HD 21.5" BenQ at 1920X1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultmate BF3 Ediiton OCZ ZX 850w PSU HAF912A w 120mm Side fan Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer Goliathus Control Edition Corsair Vengeance 1300's/Logitech 530's Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e Lamptron FC8 Fan controller 
  hide details  
post #95 of 157
iT'S YOUR MOVE YUGIIIIIII!!!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4.2GHZ @1.325 (HT on) Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 None. 6GB corsair i7 dominator CAS7 DDR3 Elpida Hypers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X WD 500GB Caviar black Raid-0 + 1TB Caviar Green Samsung superwrite master Windows 7 X64 home premium SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2243 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Lycosa + Das keyboard II Themaltake toughpower 1200watt Coolermaster HAF X Razor Deathadder 3500Dpi 
Mouse Pad
none. 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4.2GHZ @1.325 (HT on) Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 None. 6GB corsair i7 dominator CAS7 DDR3 Elpida Hypers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X WD 500GB Caviar black Raid-0 + 1TB Caviar Green Samsung superwrite master Windows 7 X64 home premium SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2243 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Lycosa + Das keyboard II Themaltake toughpower 1200watt Coolermaster HAF X Razor Deathadder 3500Dpi 
Mouse Pad
none. 
  hide details  
post #96 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider85 View Post
Wha? You mean you didn't know about that horrifying DirectX virus going around that gives you Wii graphics? Where have you been?!
Thats what I thought. I wasnt sure though.
You never know.
teh interwebz is a dangerous place fraught with trolls and disease.
Micro Mule
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
250GB Crucial MX200, 960GB Adata , 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-L12 LG 27UD68 4k Seasonic M12II 620W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech Performance Mouse MX Topping TP-30 Mk2, 2x Polk M10, Sony MDR-7506 
  hide details  
Micro Mule
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
250GB Crucial MX200, 960GB Adata , 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-L12 LG 27UD68 4k Seasonic M12II 620W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech Performance Mouse MX Topping TP-30 Mk2, 2x Polk M10, Sony MDR-7506 
  hide details  
post #97 of 157
Blah blah blah..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4.2GHZ @1.325 (HT on) Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 None. 6GB corsair i7 dominator CAS7 DDR3 Elpida Hypers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X WD 500GB Caviar black Raid-0 + 1TB Caviar Green Samsung superwrite master Windows 7 X64 home premium SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2243 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Lycosa + Das keyboard II Themaltake toughpower 1200watt Coolermaster HAF X Razor Deathadder 3500Dpi 
Mouse Pad
none. 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4.2GHZ @1.325 (HT on) Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 None. 6GB corsair i7 dominator CAS7 DDR3 Elpida Hypers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X WD 500GB Caviar black Raid-0 + 1TB Caviar Green Samsung superwrite master Windows 7 X64 home premium SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2243 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Lycosa + Das keyboard II Themaltake toughpower 1200watt Coolermaster HAF X Razor Deathadder 3500Dpi 
Mouse Pad
none. 
  hide details  
post #98 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
We know you like XP.... and don't understand OS development.

The obviously flaws in your analysis....
1) Lessons learned from XP carried over into Windows 7. Those lessons can be properly implemented rather than hacked together.
2) Why aren't you running MS-DOS then? You will definitely be threat-free running an outdated, obsolete OS.


Basically, your whole argument is baseless. Even hackers and software researchers realize that Windows 7 is more secure than XP.
+1
OP your whole argument seems to be that XP is safer than Windows 7 yet that is surely false.
First of all the number of patches actually works against XP, as that is just that many more vulnerabilities to half of the people will not bother to patch through windows update. Windows 7 was developed from the ground up to me more secure.
At the repair shop I work at we see FAR more infected XP machines than Windows 7 machines. In fact as far as I can remember the number of infected windows 7 machines is in the single digits so far at our shop, and we are servicing several computers every day.
Then you take into account the improved UI and the feature set it makes no sense to stick to XP unless you have very specific needs, like older hardware that is expensive to replace or customer software that is also expensive to replace (some of my customer have software the will only run on DOS so they use it b/c it would cost thousands to have updates).
When you factor in that Windows 7 has XP downgrade rights there is literally no reason to buy anything but a Windows 7 license.
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
post #99 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
Blah blah blah..
You should stop bumping this troll thread now
Old One
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Gigabyte GA-K8N51 Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1.85GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD5000AADS Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Stock heatsink 2x Arctic F12, 1x Papst 120mm @ 5V 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows Vista Viewsonic 19" 1680x1050 Generic EnLight 350W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Elite 335 Microsoft SideWinder X5 Cloth Pad Creative Soundblaster VX 5.1 
  hide details  
Old One
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Gigabyte GA-K8N51 Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1.85GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD5000AADS Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Stock heatsink 2x Arctic F12, 1x Papst 120mm @ 5V 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows Vista Viewsonic 19" 1680x1050 Generic EnLight 350W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Elite 335 Microsoft SideWinder X5 Cloth Pad Creative Soundblaster VX 5.1 
  hide details  
post #100 of 157
this is entertaining.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4.2GHZ @1.325 (HT on) Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 None. 6GB corsair i7 dominator CAS7 DDR3 Elpida Hypers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X WD 500GB Caviar black Raid-0 + 1TB Caviar Green Samsung superwrite master Windows 7 X64 home premium SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2243 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Lycosa + Das keyboard II Themaltake toughpower 1200watt Coolermaster HAF X Razor Deathadder 3500Dpi 
Mouse Pad
none. 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 4.2GHZ @1.325 (HT on) Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 None. 6GB corsair i7 dominator CAS7 DDR3 Elpida Hypers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X WD 500GB Caviar black Raid-0 + 1TB Caviar Green Samsung superwrite master Windows 7 X64 home premium SP1 Samsung Syncmaster 2243 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Lycosa + Das keyboard II Themaltake toughpower 1200watt Coolermaster HAF X Razor Deathadder 3500Dpi 
Mouse Pad
none. 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel CPU with XP is more than enough