Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PS3HAX] fail0verflow Releases All Tools
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PS3HAX] fail0verflow Releases All Tools - Page 5

post #41 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggs2see View Post
Why do people support hacking but oppose piracy? A serious question, I'm not trying to be smart.
Same reason I support tuning a car but greatly oppose stealing one. If I paid for it, I should be able to add and remove anything I want from it so long as it doesn't aid me in criminal activity and hacking is not a criminal activity. What can be done after the hack may be criminal but that is on a person to person basis to make the choice to do it.

This type of lawsuit takes away the natural freedom we are allowed due to a few bad apples. This heavy handed sort of reaction by Sony is in violation of our rights.

Just because there are those that commit crimes doesn't mean we are all guilty of such actions and if Sony won this lawsuit that would be the precedent set leading down a slope that there is no turning back from.

I for one enjoy being able to do with what I own what I want.
Hex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 1100T ASUS M4A89TD GTX 470 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500GB + WD 1TB LG DVD RW Windows 7 Pro Viewsonic 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft X6 Cooler Master 750W Antec 300 CM Storm Sentinel 
  hide details  
Reply
Hex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 1100T ASUS M4A89TD GTX 470 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500GB + WD 1TB LG DVD RW Windows 7 Pro Viewsonic 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft X6 Cooler Master 750W Antec 300 CM Storm Sentinel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
Because all piracy does is damage the market that brings you entertainment. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

Hacking is more a generic term for opening up the system to run customised software that offers greater functionality than stock. See it as running a custom ROM on Android.
How does piracy damage the market if the product wouldn't have been bought, otherwise?
T3h_Fap_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz FFFFF Gigabyte EP45-UD3P HD5770 1GB 2x2GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB + WD 3200AAKS LG Super multi something Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 22" 1080p 40000DCR 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy gigabyte 430W Antec Truepower Trio CM 690 (modded) Razer Diamondback 3G Flame Red 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
T3h_Fap_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz FFFFF Gigabyte EP45-UD3P HD5770 1GB 2x2GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB + WD 3200AAKS LG Super multi something Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 22" 1080p 40000DCR 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy gigabyte 430W Antec Truepower Trio CM 690 (modded) Razer Diamondback 3G Flame Red 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 58
This reminds me of when apple edited their warranties making it illegal to jailbreak iphones and touches.
P750DM2-G
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
6700k P7xxxDM2-G Nvidia 1070 Samsung 960 Pro 500GB 
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB /w Rapid 
  hide details  
Reply
P750DM2-G
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
6700k P7xxxDM2-G Nvidia 1070 Samsung 960 Pro 500GB 
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB /w Rapid 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggs2see View Post
Why do people support hacking but oppose piracy? A serious question, I'm not trying to be smart.
Because of piracy, we have DRM. I support hacking because, as someone who buys games, it shows companies DRM doesn't work. And also, say a game of mine, such as Battlefield BC2, Crysis Warhead, among others with limited activations runs out, I can use these hacks to keep playing the games I bought.
Scampi
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @4.7GHz ASUS P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 MSI GTX 470 @ 800/1600/1750 12GB (3x4GB) Patriot Signature DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
160GB VelociRaptor Samsung F4 Western Digital Caviar Green Asus Blu-Ray Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony Optiarc Black DVD+R Drive Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional Samsung 2343BWX 23" 2048x1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SteelSeries 6Gv2 Seasonic M12II 620w NZXT Lexa S Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Qck Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card Grado SR60i Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Scampi
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @4.7GHz ASUS P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 MSI GTX 470 @ 800/1600/1750 12GB (3x4GB) Patriot Signature DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
160GB VelociRaptor Samsung F4 Western Digital Caviar Green Asus Blu-Ray Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony Optiarc Black DVD+R Drive Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional Samsung 2343BWX 23" 2048x1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SteelSeries 6Gv2 Seasonic M12II 620w NZXT Lexa S Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Qck Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card Grado SR60i Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha View Post
How does piracy damage the market if the product wouldn't have been bought, otherwise?
The same reason that my investments tanked just because a bunch of rich suits in New York decided to jump out of the stock market.

Perception is reality, and if companies perceive piracy as a problem and act upon it, then piracy has become a problem whether or not the threat was real.
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post
Hacking is actually a very largely incorrectly used term.

Cracking is what people know as hacking, though cracking is simply cracking into a "system" and learning what you may, change what you will.

Hacking is the above, except for personal gain
Um... no.

Easy example to understand:

fail0verflow hacked the PS3 and cracked the security key.

Hacking is just modifying to produce a result that wasn't intended by the creator. Cracking deals with bypassing or eliminating security.

edit: BTW, cracking is a term that was used way before modern computers... some talented thieves could crack the combination to safes just by listening to their tumblers. It's a skill called safe cracking. The modern day term still applies in that type of situation.
Edited by xenophobe - 1/15/11 at 6:55pm
The Big Ugly 2.5
(14 items)
 
Spectre x360
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 B3 MSI GTX 980 GTX 580 (physx) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair XMS3 1600 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Hitachi 7K3000 2TB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Pioneer BDR-206D W7 Pro x64 Dell U3415W Corsair AX850 
CaseMouse
Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 6500U 8GB DDL3L 256GB M.2  Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardCase
2560 x 1440 Touchscreen Awesome! Aluminum Billet 
  hide details  
Reply
The Big Ugly 2.5
(14 items)
 
Spectre x360
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 B3 MSI GTX 980 GTX 580 (physx) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair XMS3 1600 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Hitachi 7K3000 2TB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Pioneer BDR-206D W7 Pro x64 Dell U3415W Corsair AX850 
CaseMouse
Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 6500U 8GB DDL3L 256GB M.2  Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardCase
2560 x 1440 Touchscreen Awesome! Aluminum Billet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 58
If Sony truly wanted to make pirated games a "thing of the past", they would have made the random number tag a truly random number.

This was a calculated move on their part. They fully understood what they were doing when they released the system. The fact that it took so long to produce the results shows how far behind the public is on their "ancient" security features.

What we should really be doing is not looking at what we have just discovered but instead be asking why it took so long to see this and what will Sony do in the future to remain in the marketable framework?
Foggy Memories
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4ghz 1.2v EVGA P55 SLI EVGA 660 SC G.Skill 2x4GB Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crap-ton of bytes Venomous X Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 24" 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Truepower New 750w Rocketfish Fulltower modded Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
Foggy Memories
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4ghz 1.2v EVGA P55 SLI EVGA 660 SC G.Skill 2x4GB Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crap-ton of bytes Venomous X Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 24" 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Truepower New 750w Rocketfish Fulltower modded Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 58
Jesus, why does everyone care about Linux on PS3?
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720/(X4 @ 3.0 GHz) GIGABYTE MA770T-UD3P Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 (950/1435) 2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 1TB 7200 32MB Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Acer H213H (1080p) Corsair 750TX 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G5 fUnc Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720/(X4 @ 3.0 GHz) GIGABYTE MA770T-UD3P Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 (950/1435) 2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 1TB 7200 32MB Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Acer H213H (1080p) Corsair 750TX 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G5 fUnc Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayvinAzn View Post
The same reason that my investments tanked just because a bunch of rich suits in New York decided to jump out of the stock market.
Thank you for the perfect example of a "strawman argument".
Foggy Memories
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4ghz 1.2v EVGA P55 SLI EVGA 660 SC G.Skill 2x4GB Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crap-ton of bytes Venomous X Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 24" 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Truepower New 750w Rocketfish Fulltower modded Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
Foggy Memories
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4ghz 1.2v EVGA P55 SLI EVGA 660 SC G.Skill 2x4GB Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crap-ton of bytes Venomous X Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 24" 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Truepower New 750w Rocketfish Fulltower modded Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dock #89 View Post
Jesus, why does everyone care about Linux on PS3?
Because, kids nowadays got to rebel against something. Bit**ing about lack of Linux on PS3 is a safe and lethargic way of doing it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield @ 3.8GHz/4.55Ghz EVGA X58 E758-A1 [Tweaked right!] constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer nVidia] 6GB [Mushkin Silverline] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorKeyboard
constantly upgrading/downgrading unremarkable generic DVD/CD burner Dual LCD [28 inch + 19 inch] constantly upgrading/downgrading 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX950W Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 [Mesh Mod, CFM Overload] Logitech G5 Offspring illuminated + USB Hub 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield @ 3.8GHz/4.55Ghz EVGA X58 E758-A1 [Tweaked right!] constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer nVidia] 6GB [Mushkin Silverline] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorKeyboard
constantly upgrading/downgrading unremarkable generic DVD/CD burner Dual LCD [28 inch + 19 inch] constantly upgrading/downgrading 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX950W Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 [Mesh Mod, CFM Overload] Logitech G5 Offspring illuminated + USB Hub 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PS3HAX] fail0verflow Releases All Tools