Overclock.net banner

Flashing P67A-UD4 bios

9K views 128 replies 12 participants last post by  elikim 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just picked up a P67A-UD4 and know that I need to update to the latest F7b bios. I tried a couple times now and it keeps telling me there's a error. Anyone else have trouble with this?

#5 ·
file file, it says it on GB website you have to use @BIOS. yes do not update from USb drive there is no point, you have a backup BIOS and it works.

The real reason is because the latest BIOSes have UEFI bootloader in them and thus their in BIOS flash program isn't ready for it.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;11987703
file file, it says it on GB website you have to use @BIOS. yes do not update from USb drive there is no point, you have a backup BIOS and it works.

The real reason is because the latest BIOSes have UEFI bootloader in them and thus their in BIOS flash program isn't ready for it.
@Bios stops responding after it reads the file

#7 ·
I still download the Original file, extract it, open @bios, choose update by file, point to file that I just extracted, Right??

Thats what I do and it stops

#9 ·
***!! Why wont this work? I just saved my current bios with @bios. The saved file is a .bin and the new bios file is "p67aud4.f7b" is this correct?

#10 ·
listen you have to uninstall @BIOS that is on the CD and use the one from their website.

you can't set voltage and OC? try the newest BIOS. What exactly are you leaving on auto?

balland feather, do this, enable turbo mode, disable change ratio in OS, increase every core multi to whatever you want, increase TDP to 300 increase TDC to 300. Disable all power saving, and use LLC with voltage, don't be afraid to go upto 1.5v. Oh and leave BLCK adjustment disabled. That is very important.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;11987949
yea well if F7a or what ever it is for your board isn't stable please use F6X, as from what i have heard from my friends is that F6X is pretty stable. BIOS makes a huge difference in OCing.
It's updating now. Bios makes a huge diff!! Thats why when I read what the new one was I wanted it. That option isn't in my GD65 yet.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;11988304
oh i guess, isn't there a clear CMOD button on that board?

no problem man, any more questions just ask
smile.gif
glad i could help you.
It's cool. Can you point me in the right direction real quick with these UD boards. A quick and dirty main settings.

#22 ·
just bump the multiplier to 45x keep everything on auto for voltages, under advanced cpu settings disable all power saving features like EIST, C1E, C3,C6 states and thermal monitor. Disable turbo mode. Soo how that works and tell me what VID value it give you for 4.5ghz.

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;11988947
just bump the multiplier to 45x keep everything on auto for voltages, under advanced cpu settings disable all power saving features like EIST, C1E, C3,C6 states and thermal monitor. Disable turbo mode. Soo how that works and tell me what VID value it give you for 4.5ghz.
rebooting now

Next to the CPU Vcore it's now 1.345 for setting the multi on 45 and everything on auto. I disabled all power savers and turbo.

Now?

#25 ·
that is very good, now increase multiplier until it stops booting into BIOS. When it stops booting into BIOS, do what i told him to do, enable turbo mode, set all teh multipliers to the same multi you set on the top of the page, and then set TDP and TDC both to 300. Also enable CPU PLL OVervoltage.

#26 ·
heres 4.5ghz. So just keep going like this on the ud4? Can't i set my voltage manually? each time i tried it didn't work and i had to clear cmos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.