Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA Backplate warranty question..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA Backplate warranty question.. - Page 3

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgoes2001;11999586 
so do the ones for my 480s....

but the ones for the 580s don't....

Edit:

M020-00-000215_LG_2.jpg

as you can see there is a nice hole where the thermal pad should be

SOURCE

No to be rude or anything but the backplate in question does have a thermal pad, open up the install pdf and you would see. Granted it is not as big, and my guess (and it is a guess) is that it has something to so with the pcb. On the back of the 580/70 the components on the backside of the GPU (not the whole card just the gpu) stick up higher, and so maybe the thermal pad would work as well as it covered the hole thing. I could be wrong though

As to what affects that the actual pad has on temps I cannot say, I am just informing you that yes it is there. And hopefully the reason the hole is there, is because that is what got the best temps, now I did say hopefully, I don't design these parts so I can only guess.

2ih3191.jpg

Source

http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/M020-00-000225.pdf
Ballz Killswitch
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Intel DP67BG GTX 670 FTW+ 12gb DDR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung 830 Seagate ST31000524AS Seagate ST3500418AS Seagate ST1000DM003 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
dvd Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 7 64 bit Achieva Shimian QH270 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samgsung BX2231 Quickfire TK cosair 650TX NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Spawn Steel Series Qck Turtle Beach X12 
  hide details  
Reply
Ballz Killswitch
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Intel DP67BG GTX 670 FTW+ 12gb DDR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung 830 Seagate ST31000524AS Seagate ST3500418AS Seagate ST1000DM003 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
dvd Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 7 64 bit Achieva Shimian QH270 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samgsung BX2231 Quickfire TK cosair 650TX NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Spawn Steel Series Qck Turtle Beach X12 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Freechmen View Post
No to be rude or anything but the backplate in question does have a thermal pad, open up the install pdf and you would see. Granted it is not as big, and my guess (and it is a guess) is that it has something to so with the pcb. On the back of the 580/70 the components on the backside of the GPU (not the whole card just the gpu) stick up higher, and so maybe the thermal pad would work as well as it covered the hole thing. I could be wrong though

As to what affects that the actual pad has on temps I cannot say, I am just informing you that yes it is there. And hopefully the reason the hole is there, is because that is what got the best temps, now I did say hopefully, I don't design these parts so I can only guess.



Source

http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/M020-00-000225.pdf
ok...

for starters this is a old thread and in general they don't normally get revived...

what i stated at the time was actually true...

they have added the thermal pad since i made that claim...

but from what i have seen... there has been no temp drop from people who have got the backplate (even the newer one)
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgoes2001 View Post
ok...

for starters this is a old thread and in general they don't normally get revived...

what i stated at the time was actually true...

they have added the thermal pad since i made that claim...

but from what i have seen... there has been no temp drop from people who have got the backplate (even the newer one)
well sorry if this is an old thread, google still showed it up in the results. And I am pretty sure the pad has always been there (at least on the 570 version as my friend ordered one when they were still new, and it had a thermal pad) The pics just do a bad job at showing it on the site.

Again sorry google showed the thread in a search, so that is why I posted if you check you can see I am new to this site, and hopefully understand why I didn't realize it was old.
Ballz Killswitch
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Intel DP67BG GTX 670 FTW+ 12gb DDR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung 830 Seagate ST31000524AS Seagate ST3500418AS Seagate ST1000DM003 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
dvd Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 7 64 bit Achieva Shimian QH270 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samgsung BX2231 Quickfire TK cosair 650TX NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Spawn Steel Series Qck Turtle Beach X12 
  hide details  
Reply
Ballz Killswitch
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Intel DP67BG GTX 670 FTW+ 12gb DDR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung 830 Seagate ST31000524AS Seagate ST3500418AS Seagate ST1000DM003 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
dvd Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 7 64 bit Achieva Shimian QH270 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samgsung BX2231 Quickfire TK cosair 650TX NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Spawn Steel Series Qck Turtle Beach X12 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon freechmen View Post
well sorry if this is an old thread, google still showed it up in the results. And i am pretty sure the pad has always been there (at least on the 570 version as my friend ordered one when they were still new, and it had a thermal pad) the pics just do a bad job at showing it on the site.

Again sorry google showed the thread in a search, so that is why i posted if you check you can see i am new to this site, and hopefully understand why i didn't realize it was old.
no rep for you@!
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Freechmen View Post
well sorry if this is an old thread, google still showed it up in the results. And I am pretty sure the pad has always been there (at least on the 570 version as my friend ordered one when they were still new, and it had a thermal pad) The pics just do a bad job at showing it on the site.

Again sorry google showed the thread in a search, so that is why I posted if you check you can see I am new to this site, and hopefully understand why I didn't realize it was old.
all good.. don't worry i did the same thing when i first started on this site in 2006 (man i feel old now)

hope you have a good time on the site...

there are alot of people on here who know there stuff...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA Backplate warranty question..