Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Bridge 5ghz + Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Sandy Bridge 5ghz + Club - Page 75  

Poll Results: Should we use blend only or small fft too?

Poll expired: Feb 25, 2011  
  • 53% (37)
    1 hr Blend only
  • 46% (32)
    1 hr Small Fft, 1 hr Blend
69 Total Votes  
post #741 of 2120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPretzel View Post
Yup, that's it. Posted on the sticky note in the screen shot. While it's doing much better than my previous chip in regards to 50 multi; I'm still unable to boot into 51 multi regardless of how much I up the CPU volts which is quite frustrating. I'm not sure what's holding me back.
try 52. My chip doesn't like 51, but 52 is cake.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
post #742 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey I7 View Post
try 52. My chip doesn't like 51, but 52 is cake.
Tried both 51 & 52 up to 1.55v with no luck. With C states disabled I just get a blinking cursor after bios and with C stats enable it freezes during windows load. Wish we had a database of bios settings.
Specs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe AMD 6970 G.Skill 8GB 1866MHz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB ASUS Blu-ray Windows 7 64 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Specs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe AMD 6970 G.Skill 8GB 1866MHz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB ASUS Blu-ray Windows 7 64 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
post #743 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPretzel View Post
Tried both 51 & 52 up to 1.55v with no luck. With C states disabled I just get a blinking cursor after bios and with C stats enable it freezes during windows load. Wish we had a database of bios settings.
post your bios settings we fix you up

Edit; all C state enabled
Edited by coolhandluke41 - 2/5/11 at 1:06pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
post #744 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post
post your bios settings we fix you up

Edit; all C state enabled
Here's my 5GHz settings, I've gone all the way up to 1.55v with no luck booting in above 50 multi. I've tried lowering the RAM speed & timings with no luck and I've tried lowering the PLL to 1.72 with no luck.

Turbo Raito- Per Core 50
Internal PLL- Enabled
Mem Freq- 1866 8-9-8-24-1 per RAM specs
Load Line- Ultra High
VRM Freq- Manual
VRM Fixed- 350
Phase- Extreme
Duty- Extreme
CPU Volt- Manual, 4.8Ghz @ 1.35v, 5.0Ghz @ 1.45v
DRAM Volt- 1.65 per RAM specs
VCCIO- 1.2

Auto on everything else
Specs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe AMD 6970 G.Skill 8GB 1866MHz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB ASUS Blu-ray Windows 7 64 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Specs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe AMD 6970 G.Skill 8GB 1866MHz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB ASUS Blu-ray Windows 7 64 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
post #745 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPretzel View Post
Here's my 5GHz settings, I've gone all the way up to 1.55v with no luck booting in above 50 multi. I've tried lowering the RAM speed & timings with no luck and I've tried lowering the PLL to 1.72 with no luck.

Turbo Raito- Per Core 50
Internal PLL- Enabled
Mem Freq- 1866 8-9-8-24-1 per RAM specs
Load Line- Ultra High
VRM Freq- Manual
VRM Fixed- 350
Phase- Extreme
Duty- Extreme
CPU Volt- Manual, 4.8Ghz @ 1.35v, 5.0Ghz @ 1.45v
DRAM Volt- 1.65 per RAM specs
VCCIO- 1.2

Auto on everything else
All C state enabled
VCCSA .925
VCCIO 1.05
CPU PLL 1.8 (auto)
start 1.5v X51
Edited by coolhandluke41 - 2/5/11 at 2:00pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
post #746 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post
All C state enabled
VCCSA .925
VCCIO 1.05
CPU PLL 1.8 (auto)
start 1.5v X51
No joy frozen or bsod at windows start up. My thoughts are my mobo or my drivers but I dunno..
Specs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe AMD 6970 G.Skill 8GB 1866MHz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB ASUS Blu-ray Windows 7 64 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Specs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe AMD 6970 G.Skill 8GB 1866MHz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB ASUS Blu-ray Windows 7 64 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
post #747 of 2120
Can someone help me out, I'm trying to join this club but I'm having BIOS issues.

I have F2 on UD3P right now. I flashed it earlier to F5, and F6A but both times if an overclock failed (I'm assuming thats what happens) the board boots with a BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR and then reflashes to F2.

I think F2 is making my clocks go unstable because I was 1 hour stable in prime95 at 4.5GHz but when I rebooted the BIOS just froze at the POST screen perm. I restarted and then it shut down and booted back up with all the defaults (1333MHz ram for ex.) enabled.

Once booted (and if stable OC) everything runs fine and dandy, its just if I go to restart (to try and get into BIOS).

What do I do get it a stable BIOS of at least F5 or maybe F6A BETA?
post #748 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPretzel View Post
No joy frozen or bsod at windows start up. My thoughts are my mobo or my drivers but I dunno..
drop your RAM to stock ,clear CMOS and try again
EDIT : BIOS version,TURBO mode ??
Edited by coolhandluke41 - 2/5/11 at 2:56pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
post #749 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyparker1337 View Post
Can someone help me out, I'm trying to join this club but I'm having BIOS issues.

I have F2 on UD3P right now. I flashed it earlier to F5, and F6A but both times if an overclock failed (I'm assuming thats what happens) the board boots with a BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR and then reflashes to F2.

I think F2 is making my clocks go unstable because I was 1 hour stable in prime95 at 4.5GHz but when I rebooted the BIOS just froze at the POST screen perm. I restarted and then it shut down and booted back up with all the defaults (1333MHz ram for ex.) enabled.

Once booted (and if stable OC) everything runs fine and dandy, its just if I go to restart (to try and get into BIOS).

What do I do get it a stable BIOS of at least F5 or maybe F6A BETA?
this should help you out :
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...-ud4-bios.html
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
post #750 of 2120
Hello, gents, could you please recommend which batch should I choose? I will overclock my 2600K into a CoolerMaster HAF X and Thermalright Silver Arrow.I can pick one out of those 3 batches, or should I wait and look for a specific batch (name it, please) ?

2600K :

L045B011

L046B106

L050A933

2500K : L040B354
Edited by Fixt00l - 2/5/11 at 3:34pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Bridge 5ghz + Club