Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need your input on Hyper Threading i7 920. Yes? No?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need your input on Hyper Threading i7 920. Yes? No?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I have been trying to OC my CPU to 4.0Ghz and can do 10 runs on ITB no problem but Prime95 fails after a couple of hours with a few different BSOD codes. These are some of the ones that I have had.

000000D1
0000009c
0000000ie
000000FC
00000124
00000050
and the latest from Prime95 0x0000003b

Anyway, after days of frustration I was thinking maybe I can start this exercise over from scratch and try disabling HT. I do reach max temps of 78-79 with HT by the way and this is with my room being freezing which will not last long living in South Texas. SO, to the actual question.

I use my computer for web browsing and 95% for gaming. I have started to try and use some adobe for my pictures but mostly I use my macs for that. Would I notice a difference in gaming and or benchmarks if I disabled HT? Could it help get my OC stable easier?

Would having a CPU at 4.2Ghz without HT be better than a 3.8-4.0Ghz with HT?

Thoughts, opinions or real life experiences are welcome. Sorry for the circuitous route to the main questions. Thought someone may have some thoughts on my BSODs in Prime as well

Thanks in advance and +rep to the helpful.
White
(11 items)
 
 
Tundra/Desert
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 980GTX Corsair DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD H100i Windows 10 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 4 EVGA 850W Corsair 540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7  Z68XP-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VX2770SMH-led Ducky Shine 4 Corsair 950TX Coolermaster Elite 
Mouse
R.A.T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 4.0Ghz w/HT Asus Rampage III Extreme 2x 560 Ti (1 PNY and 1 EVGA Superclocked) 6GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB/Seagate 1TB CORSAIR H70  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 ACER GD235hz 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750W HAF X Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
White
(11 items)
 
 
Tundra/Desert
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 980GTX Corsair DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD H100i Windows 10 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 4 EVGA 850W Corsair 540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7  Z68XP-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VX2770SMH-led Ducky Shine 4 Corsair 950TX Coolermaster Elite 
Mouse
R.A.T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 4.0Ghz w/HT Asus Rampage III Extreme 2x 560 Ti (1 PNY and 1 EVGA Superclocked) 6GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB/Seagate 1TB CORSAIR H70  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 ACER GD235hz 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750W HAF X Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 17
What is the point of the Core i7, unless you have Hyperthreading enabled... I never got the point of buying one, and then disabling one of it's key features.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 WC'd ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional Sapphire + Gigabyte R9 290X CF WC'd 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 RAID 1 2x 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD RAID 1 Samsung Burner w/ Lightscribe Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit LG 34UC88 (3440x1440) + Crossover 27Q 1440p Roccat Ryos MK Pro Cherry MX Brown Cooler Master Silent Pro 1200W Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 922 w/ Dust Filters Roccat Kone XTD + Roccat Apuri 2x XFX Warpad ODAC > Glow Amp One > K702/65 
AudioOther
Yamaha Receiver + 5.1 Xbox One Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 540M @ 3.33Ghz DC 3.65Ghz SC Acer Intel HD 3000 + ATi Radeon HD 5650M Switchable 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 13.3" 1366x768 G700 
Audio
iBasso D-Zero Headphone AMP + DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 WC'd ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional Sapphire + Gigabyte R9 290X CF WC'd 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 RAID 1 2x 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD RAID 1 Samsung Burner w/ Lightscribe Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit LG 34UC88 (3440x1440) + Crossover 27Q 1440p Roccat Ryos MK Pro Cherry MX Brown Cooler Master Silent Pro 1200W Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 922 w/ Dust Filters Roccat Kone XTD + Roccat Apuri 2x XFX Warpad ODAC > Glow Amp One > K702/65 
AudioOther
Yamaha Receiver + 5.1 Xbox One Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 540M @ 3.33Ghz DC 3.65Ghz SC Acer Intel HD 3000 + ATi Radeon HD 5650M Switchable 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 13.3" 1366x768 G700 
Audio
iBasso D-Zero Headphone AMP + DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
I have been trying to OC my CPU to 4.0Ghz and can do 10 runs on ITB no problem but Prime95 fails after a couple of hours with a few different BSOD codes. These are some of the ones that I have had.

000000D1
0000009c
0000000ie
000000FC
00000124
00000050
and the latest from Prime95 0x0000003b

Anyway, after days of frustration I was thinking maybe I can start this exercise over from scratch and try disabling HT. I do reach max temps of 78-79 with HT by the way and this is with my room being freezing which will not last long living in South Texas. SO, to the actual question.

I use my computer for web browsing and 95% for gaming. I have started to try and use some adobe for my pictures but mostly I use my macs for that. Would I notice a difference in gaming and or benchmarks if I disabled HT? Could it help get my OC stable easier?

Would having a CPU at 4.2Ghz without HT be better than a 3.8-4.0Ghz with HT?

Thoughts, opinions or real life experiences are welcome. Sorry for the circuitous route to the main questions. Thought someone may have some thoughts on my BSODs in Prime as well

Thanks in advance and +rep to the helpful.
If you aren't using hyperthreading, turn it OFF. Gaming/web browsing isn't going to ouch hyperthreading. Turning it off will give you better temps, allowing a more stable, higther overclock. So yes, turn it off unless you're encoding/video editing. I recently switched BACK to having HT on as I've been doing more video encoding. If the application takes advantage of it, it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx View Post
What is the point of the Core i7, unless you have Hyperthreading enabled... I never got the point of buying one, and then disabling one of it's key features.
really? Good advice!
Quadzilla
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 | 3.8ghz HT on | 1.3v |20x191 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Gigabyte 6850 - 975/1100 1.2v Gskill (6 x 2GB) DDR3-1600mhz [6GBPI] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
3x640 WDAAKS (Cavier Blue) Raid 0, Seagate Storage Windows 7/ Windows XP L246WP 24" MVA Panel Tarantula 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750TX Lian Li PC-201 MX 518 Icemat 
  hide details  
Reply
Quadzilla
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 | 3.8ghz HT on | 1.3v |20x191 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Gigabyte 6850 - 975/1100 1.2v Gskill (6 x 2GB) DDR3-1600mhz [6GBPI] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
3x640 WDAAKS (Cavier Blue) Raid 0, Seagate Storage Windows 7/ Windows XP L246WP 24" MVA Panel Tarantula 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750TX Lian Li PC-201 MX 518 Icemat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 17
As Chavez said, depends on what you are doing with your computer. Don't fret about those that mention that HT should be on since you paid for it... I'm running in the low 70s under IBT @ 4.2ghz with HT off as I don't really care for benchmarks nor do I use it for video encoding and the likes. I use the computer for gaming and web browsing and would much rather have a higher OC with lower temperatures. Although I don't have the benchmarks to back this up 99% of the time a 4.2ghz HT off > 4.0ghz HT on for games, heck most games being the cruddy console ports don't even support more than 2 cores.

IMO 4.2 HT off
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K ASRock Z97M OC MSI R9 290 Gaming Team Vulcan DDR3 1600 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake NiC C4 Windows 8.1 Pro x64 QNIX QX2700 CM TKL MX RED 
PowerCase
XFX PRO BLACK 750 DD Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K ASRock Z97M OC MSI R9 290 Gaming Team Vulcan DDR3 1600 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake NiC C4 Windows 8.1 Pro x64 QNIX QX2700 CM TKL MX RED 
PowerCase
XFX PRO BLACK 750 DD Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 17
Got these here, but I can't remember from who. Thet helped me.
BSOD codes for overclocking
0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4.0Ghz(24/7),190x21 Ht on Asus Rampage III Formula 0402 bios Sparkle GTX 460's SLI@800/1600/1000 Nanya Technology DDR3 1333@1524 9gb 9-9-9-24-72-2n 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 2 120Gb System, Hitachi 7200rpm 1Tb DVD writer bleh Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 23" VH232H LCD Razer Black Widow Ultimate OCZ ZX 1000W Gold Fully Modular Cooler Master Storm Scout Asus Mod 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Mamba Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4.0Ghz(24/7),190x21 Ht on Asus Rampage III Formula 0402 bios Sparkle GTX 460's SLI@800/1600/1000 Nanya Technology DDR3 1333@1524 9gb 9-9-9-24-72-2n 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 2 120Gb System, Hitachi 7200rpm 1Tb DVD writer bleh Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 23" VH232H LCD Razer Black Widow Ultimate OCZ ZX 1000W Gold Fully Modular Cooler Master Storm Scout Asus Mod 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Mamba Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 17
Pretty much no games can take advantage of 8 threads, so there is nothing wrong with a bigger overclock with HT off.
Beast
(14 items)
 
Dell XPS Faptop
(8 items)
 
Alura :)
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Asus Z97 Pro WIFI-AC Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X OC+  G.Skill 4 x 8GB F3-2133C9D-16GXH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD in RAID 0 Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Noctua NH-D15 Winblows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Pixio PX277 Logitech G510 Seasonic SS-660XP2 Fractal Design R4 Blackout 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Xtrac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 1.5ghz Dell 0N6705 Mobile Intel 965 Express 2 x 2GB Hyundai/Kingston DDR2 533mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60GB SSD Slot Load DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 13.3 inch 1280x800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro MSI R7970 Lightning BE 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB and WD Black 1TB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Hannspree 24 inch Thermaltake Tough Power TP-750P 750W Gold Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(14 items)
 
Dell XPS Faptop
(8 items)
 
Alura :)
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Asus Z97 Pro WIFI-AC Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X OC+  G.Skill 4 x 8GB F3-2133C9D-16GXH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD in RAID 0 Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Noctua NH-D15 Winblows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Pixio PX277 Logitech G510 Seasonic SS-660XP2 Fractal Design R4 Blackout 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Xtrac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 1.5ghz Dell 0N6705 Mobile Intel 965 Express 2 x 2GB Hyundai/Kingston DDR2 533mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60GB SSD Slot Load DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 13.3 inch 1280x800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro MSI R7970 Lightning BE 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB and WD Black 1TB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Hannspree 24 inch Thermaltake Tough Power TP-750P 750W Gold Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx View Post
What is the point of the Core i7, unless you have Hyperthreading enabled... I never got the point of buying one, and then disabling one of it's key features.
I knew there would at least one person who would have something completely useless to say. This is my first non-Mac computer so I had little idea of what I was buying. People from OCN told me get the i7 920 last year so I did and honestly I am happy I listened to them because it gives me luxury of having the "problem" I have now. At least I have the option

So thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez885 View Post
If you aren't using hyperthreading, turn it OFF. Gaming/web browsing isn't going to ouch hyperthreading. Turning it off will give you better temps, allowing a more stable, higther overclock. So yes, turn it off unless you're encoding/video editing. I recently switched BACK to having HT on as I've been doing more video encoding. If the application takes advantage of it, it helps.



really? Good advice!
Thanks for the mature and helpful input, it helps me make my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhasttas View Post
As Chavez said, depends on what you are doing with your computer. Don't fret about those that mention that HT should be on since you paid for it... I'm running in the low 70s under IBT @ 4.2ghz with HT off as I don't really care for benchmarks nor do I use it for video encoding and the likes. I use the computer for gaming and web browsing and would much rather have a higher OC with lower temperatures. Although I don't have the benchmarks to back this up 99% of the time a 4.2ghz HT off > 4.0ghz HT on for games, heck most games being the cruddy console ports don't even support more than 2 cores.

IMO 4.2 HT off
Well I do like to benchmarks quite a bit so this is something on the pro HT side. I guess I could do the benching for myself and see what the differences are for myself Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaMMeR=GoM= View Post
Got these here, but I can't remember from who. Thet helped me.
BSOD codes for overclocking
0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
This is SUPER helpful. I am saving this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamin3 View Post
Pretty much no games can take advantage of 8 threads, so there is nothing wrong with a bigger overclock with HT off.
Thanks Dopamin3. Now the question is do I just turn off HT and lower the vcore and change blck to get 4.2 and leave all the rest of the settings the same? IOH and VTT etc?

+Rep to you guys.
White
(11 items)
 
 
Tundra/Desert
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 980GTX Corsair DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD H100i Windows 10 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 4 EVGA 850W Corsair 540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7  Z68XP-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VX2770SMH-led Ducky Shine 4 Corsair 950TX Coolermaster Elite 
Mouse
R.A.T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 4.0Ghz w/HT Asus Rampage III Extreme 2x 560 Ti (1 PNY and 1 EVGA Superclocked) 6GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB/Seagate 1TB CORSAIR H70  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 ACER GD235hz 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750W HAF X Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
White
(11 items)
 
 
Tundra/Desert
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 980GTX Corsair DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD H100i Windows 10 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 4 EVGA 850W Corsair 540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7  Z68XP-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VX2770SMH-led Ducky Shine 4 Corsair 950TX Coolermaster Elite 
Mouse
R.A.T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 4.0Ghz w/HT Asus Rampage III Extreme 2x 560 Ti (1 PNY and 1 EVGA Superclocked) 6GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB/Seagate 1TB CORSAIR H70  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 ACER GD235hz 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750W HAF X Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 17
that is what i did on my 875k. 4ghz with HT on was hotter than i liked (noctua d14). i am running at 4.252ghz with HT off and temps max out at 76 with linX. vcore is 1.34 vtt is 1.23 (up a little bit from what i can remember, you may not have to) i havent touched any other voltages.

while gaming temps max out at 60 now.
Edited by judger101 - 1/13/11 at 7:26pm
post #9 of 17
Go for the higher overclock with HT off. The majority of the games out there will run the same with HT off and as you said yourself, the PC is used for gaming 95% of the time.

Yes, it will lower benchmark scores but they're no fun to play anyway.
post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by judger101 View Post
that is what i did on my 875k. 4ghz with HT on was hotter than i liked (noctua d14). i am running at 4.252ghz with HT off and temps max out at 76 with linX. vcore is 1.34 vtt is 1.23 (up a little bit from what i can remember, you may not have to) i havent touched any other voltages.

while gaming temps max out at 60 now.
I had to get my vcore to 1.34 as well. I will now run some benchies to see if there is a performance hit. Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty88 View Post
Go for the higher overclock with HT off. The majority of the games out there will run the same with HT off and as you said yourself, the PC is used for gaming 95% of the time.

Yes, it will lower benchmark scores but they're no fun to play anyway.
Ha. I have to see for myself Frosty Going to run Heaven now. Thanks again for all the suggestions guys.
White
(11 items)
 
 
Tundra/Desert
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 980GTX Corsair DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD H100i Windows 10 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 4 EVGA 850W Corsair 540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7  Z68XP-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VX2770SMH-led Ducky Shine 4 Corsair 950TX Coolermaster Elite 
Mouse
R.A.T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 4.0Ghz w/HT Asus Rampage III Extreme 2x 560 Ti (1 PNY and 1 EVGA Superclocked) 6GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB/Seagate 1TB CORSAIR H70  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 ACER GD235hz 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750W HAF X Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
White
(11 items)
 
 
Tundra/Desert
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 980GTX Corsair DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD H100i Windows 10 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 4 EVGA 850W Corsair 540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7  Z68XP-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic VX2770SMH-led Ducky Shine 4 Corsair 950TX Coolermaster Elite 
Mouse
R.A.T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 4.0Ghz w/HT Asus Rampage III Extreme 2x 560 Ti (1 PNY and 1 EVGA Superclocked) 6GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB/Seagate 1TB CORSAIR H70  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 ACER GD235hz 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750W HAF X Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need your input on Hyper Threading i7 920. Yes? No?