Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Androidized] LG’s WP7 Sales Disappoint. What’s the Alternative?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Androidized] LG’s WP7 Sales Disappoint. What’s the Alternative? - Page 2

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra View Post
Verizon doesn't need WP7, they have one of the best android lineups. And even the iphone to top it off.
Yea but not everyone wants a slow OS that has little polish. Customization is not everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseter View Post
Why would you want a WP7 phone ?
Because unlike android it actually has a usable interface. You have to remember even with the fastest dual core processor and tegra chip android is still extremely slow. I'll wait till the ivy bridge 8 core chips and nvidia gtx 580 comes out for the Atrix 3 before deciding if I like android.

Android only did so well on Verizon because that's all they had. Blackberry's are terrible, they didn't have an iPhone and there was nothing else really. Now that iPhone is on Verizon it's going to be a different story.


Edited by dham - 1/15/11 at 10:27am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 27
Wating for atrix 4g
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 atx MSI 660ti SLI Corsair Vengeance 1866mHz 16Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Mx200 250 GB, 1TB WD Black Corsair H80  Win7 Home Premium Corsair 850HX 
Case
Carbide 400R 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 atx MSI 660ti SLI Corsair Vengeance 1866mHz 16Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Mx200 250 GB, 1TB WD Black Corsair H80  Win7 Home Premium Corsair 850HX 
Case
Carbide 400R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dham View Post
Yea but not everyone wants a slow OS that has little polish. Customization is not everything.



Because unlike android it actually has a usable interface. You have to remember even with the fastest dual core processor and tegra chip android is still extremely slow. I'll wait till the ivy bridge 8 core chips and nvidia gtx 580 comes out for the Atrix 3 before deciding if I like android.

Android only did so well on Verizon because that's all they had. Blackberry's are terrible, they didn't have an iPhone and there was nothing else really. Now that iPhone is on Verizon it's going to be a different story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEdxqZt6uw

I disagree with you. I have a friend that broight a HTC phone with Windows Phone 7, and then he changed the OS to Android and he is very impressed. The phone runs much faster, despite i think it is because it runs on a good device. But on the same device WP7 was slower.

Maybe you think Android is slower because you compared some old Android device with a new WP7. Since it is recently released there was no point to have low hardware phones with the new operating system.
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseter View Post
I disagree with you. I have a friend that broight a HTC phone with Windows Phone 7, and then he changed the OS to Android and he is very impressed. The phone runs much faster, despite i think it is because it runs on a good device. But on the same device WP7 was slower.

Maybe you think Android is slower because you compared some old Android device with a new WP7. Since it is recently released there was no point to have low hardware phones with the new operating system.
Dude the Atrix hasn't even been released yet and the android ui is much slower than wp7. If your mobile os can't run good on a dual core chip with tegra 2 then there is something seriously wrong with it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 27
They just need to stick with it, I agree with some above, if you want a smartphone, you probably already had one when wp7 came out.
I Love Cheese
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 3.4 Asus P8P67 Basic XFX 5970 2 gig Black Edition 2x 4 gig DDR 1600 G-Skill 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 gig WD Vista Ultimate 64-bit Dual 25" Hannspree LCD CM 750 Watt 
CaseMouse
Rosewill THOR Logitech Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
I Love Cheese
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 3.4 Asus P8P67 Basic XFX 5970 2 gig Black Edition 2x 4 gig DDR 1600 G-Skill 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 gig WD Vista Ultimate 64-bit Dual 25" Hannspree LCD CM 750 Watt 
CaseMouse
Rosewill THOR Logitech Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemaniaci View Post
They just need to stick with it, I agree with some above, if you want a smartphone, you probably already had one when wp7 came out.
Well I want a smartphone but haven't got one. I keep waiting and waiting for the right one. I really like the design of the iPhone but don't want to buy into Apple really. I don't like the Android phones at all. I think I'll get wp7 when it comes to Verizon, if it's in the right form factor.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 27
Well, considering the fact that the LG WP7 Phone is available in exactly zero locations around here - it's no wonder why they haven't had any sales...
post #18 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dham View Post
Dude the Atrix hasn't even been released yet and the android ui is much slower than wp7. If your mobile os can't run good on a dual core chip with tegra 2 then there is something seriously wrong with it.

I completely disagree with you. Probably you tried android on a phone with hardware from 3 years ago.
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseter View Post
I completely disagree with you. Probably you tried android on a phone with hardware from 3 years ago.
Nope.

Droid, Droid 2, Droid X and Incredible?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 4.01ghz at 1.27v MSI P55 GD-80 Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB + EVGA 9800GT Physx G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128gb Real SSD, WD Black 500gb, 750gb LG DVD combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64 / Arch Linux x64 22" Acer 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Corsair 600t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dham View Post
Nope.

Droid, Droid 2, Droid X and Incredible?
You're right. I don't know about the droid 2 and incredible, but I know from first hand experience that the Droid X is slow. I own the Droid X and it is slow compared to videos I've seen of the WP7 interface and from using an iPhone 4. It's a bit disappointing but I like being able to customize anything on my phone, and Android seems to be very good for that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Androidized] LG’s WP7 Sales Disappoint. What’s the Alternative?