Originally Posted by dudenell
Let me just add up to where you have came from:
- you have two 460's that posted in an older machine
- on the newer machine your 8800 will start up
- A reinstall of windows 7 has not fixed the issue.
The only other things that I can think of is:
- Have you updated the bios in the newer machine
- have you tried the PSU you have in the newer machine in the older
- have you tried one stick of memory in the newer machine when using the 460
Give those a try and come back. If none of that works then I'm gonna have to say it's probably your motherboard...
OK Let me just fix you post a little.
BOTH GTX 460's work perfectly in my newer i7 machine
1 of them stops working on the older machine after drivers are installed
1 of them will not even post
The 8800GT works fine on teh older machine.
The older machine if my sig rig, and there hasnt been a bios update since 2008.
The older machine has a better PSU as it had a GTX 470 running fine in it.
I have tried 1 stick of memory.