Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Xbox › Which controller? Microsoft Wired or the Basic Razer Onza?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which controller? Microsoft Wired or the Basic Razer Onza?

Poll Results: Which Controller?

 
  • 54% (13)
    Microsoft Wired (24.99)
  • 25% (6)
    Razer Onza Basic (39.99)
  • 20% (5)
    Razer Onza Tournament (49.99) Explain why.
24 Total Votes  
post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 
Alright, I don't really own a xbox, but I do have games that are much more enjoy able with a controller rather than a mouse and keyboard. (BlazBlue, GTA, StreetFighter, DMC, etc...)


I probably would have went with the Microsoft, but I noticed that razer is finally taking preorders on the basic and tournament editions. Personally, I don't really think I need backlighting or adjustible anolog sticks, but if you're able to persuade me I'll throw in the extra $10 and opt for that version if available.

So pretty, much which controller and why?

Pros for microsoft:
-Cheaper

Cons for Microsoft:

-Some analog sticks suffer from problems (IE: Faster while turning a certaindirection.)
- Xbox Dpad isn't as great as a real playstation style Dpad.

Pros for razer:

Real Dpad, although no one really knows how good it is.
Analog sticks may function perfectly.

Cons for Razer:
-questionable quality
- more expensive 39.99 and 49.99


Edit: I can get the Microsoft for $20 and Onza for $30 when released on Amazon.

Edited by Skylit - 1/21/11 at 4:31pm
post #2 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
Cons for Microsoft:

-Some analog sticks suffer from problems (IE: Faster while turning a certaindirection.)
- Xbox Dpad isn't as great as a real playstation style Dpad.
Do you realize they changed the Xbox Controller.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/...ing-d-pad.aspx
post #3 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
Do you realize they changed the Xbox Controller.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/...ing-d-pad.aspx
You do realize that's only for the new wireless model, right?

Actually, I see that it comes with an attachable wire, but even so, it's not the same controller I mentioned.


and


Edited by Skylit - 1/19/11 at 5:43pm
post #4 of 32
Microsoft, seeing as any game that needs a conty is already programmed to use that one, or if it isnt Xpadder is good to.
Oppress This!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X4 B55BE @ 3.7 ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO USB3 GTX 470 + GTX 275 SOC 4gb Crucial Ballistix T 1600 6-8-6-20-24 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD640AAHLS + Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM + 2x150gb VRapt HP IDE + LG SATA Win 7 x64 ult 15" 1024x768 Dell (visually impaired) 
PowerCase
XFX XXX 650w (green fan) Antec 300 (Heavily Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Oppress This!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X4 B55BE @ 3.7 ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO USB3 GTX 470 + GTX 275 SOC 4gb Crucial Ballistix T 1600 6-8-6-20-24 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD640AAHLS + Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM + 2x150gb VRapt HP IDE + LG SATA Win 7 x64 ult 15" 1024x768 Dell (visually impaired) 
PowerCase
XFX XXX 650w (green fan) Antec 300 (Heavily Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
You do realize that's only for the new wireless model, right?

Actually, I see that it comes with an attachable wire, but even so, it's not the same controller I mentioned.[/url]
It's a play and charge cable which will not allowed you to connect it to a PC.

Wired controllers have not received the update yet. (and may not because AFAIK, the new DPAD is a "limited edition" model)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroxide View Post
It's a play and charge cable which will not allowed you to connect it to a PC.

Wired controllers have not received the update yet. (and may not because AFAIK, the new DPAD is a "limited edition" model)
You sir, are incorrect. I have been able to play games on my PC with my wireless controller using the charger cable OP mentioned.
post #7 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoblikat View Post
Microsoft, seeing as any game that needs a conty is already programmed to use that one, or if it isnt Xpadder is good to.
I'm pretty sure the Onza is functional as a 360 controller w/o drivers.

Anywho, I'm going to need more votes before casting my decision lol
post #8 of 32
I know my brothers have like 4 or 5 wired ones they don't use. Wish I could get a hold of one and for just shipping I would send you it. They are just plug and play. No hassle. If you use Win7, the drivers download automatically. Look on Craigslist etc. 24$ for a wired controller is insane. You can find them for way cheaper.
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
You sir, are incorrect. I have been able to play games on my PC with my wireless controller using the charger cable OP mentioned.
Really? Did you have an official Microsoft based play and charge kit? AFAIK it doesn't really send data between the controller and the computer, just charges it.

I thought that the cable just charges the controller, allowing it to continue to function as a wireless controller with the xbox.
College Fund
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Intel DP67BG Extreme HD 7950 Boost 8GB GSKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Black 640GB Windows 7 Ultimate 2 x Acer 22", 1 x LG 22" Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
AX860 P182SE Corsair M60 Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
College Fund
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Intel DP67BG Extreme HD 7950 Boost 8GB GSKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Black 640GB Windows 7 Ultimate 2 x Acer 22", 1 x LG 22" Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
AX860 P182SE Corsair M60 Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbiness View Post
Really? Did you have an official Microsoft based play and charge kit? AFAIK it doesn't really send data between the controller and the computer, just charges it.

I thought that the cable just charges the controller, allowing it to continue to function as a wireless controller with the xbox.
It's been debated for a long time whether or not it sends data.

It has enough wires for it to be possible, but this person claiming it works (as well as one other random post backed with no proof) are the only two claims I have ever seen.

So if you'd like to produce a driver or something for it, I'm sure many people (more so from other sites) who have been working on this for years would greatly appreciate it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Xbox › Which controller? Microsoft Wired or the Basic Razer Onza?