Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Difference between H70 and H50?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Difference between H70 and H50? - Page 3

post #21 of 25
Thread Starter 
So bottom line, will I be able to get 4GHz on the H70? and how about the H50?
Lol
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty  Geforce GTX 670 FTW Corsair XMS3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD Some Random Brand Win 7 x64 Gateway 20" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 24" 1920x1080 60Hz LED Backlit Razer Arctosa Antec 650W HAF 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
WoW Cataclysm Gaming Mouse Cataclysm mousepad :3 
  hide details  
Reply
Lol
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty  Geforce GTX 670 FTW Corsair XMS3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD Some Random Brand Win 7 x64 Gateway 20" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 24" 1920x1080 60Hz LED Backlit Razer Arctosa Antec 650W HAF 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
WoW Cataclysm Gaming Mouse Cataclysm mousepad :3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 25
I had no problems on a i7 920 hitting 4ghz with the h50. Anything after that like using linX or Intel Burn Test seemed a little too much for the cooler after 4ghz. So since the h70 is a little better i would assume that 4.2ghz - 4.3ghz should be okay for it. But regular everyday stuff shouldn't be a issue with it though. As nothing will strain it like those test will.
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranx View Post
So bottom line, will I be able to get 4GHz on the H70? and how about the H50?
To be quite honest, it's all about the voltage you're running. The higher the voltage, the higher the temps. Lower the voltage, lower the temps. On my E5300, 4.2Ghz @ 1.5V gets me 60C running IBT. But running 4Ghz @ 1.45V, I get about 53C running IBT. This is with roughly the same ambient temperature.

If you're dead set on getting a H50/70 then I'd opt for the H70. Smaller pump, dual fans, a little thicker rad. I was thinking about getting one or the other, but I decided to get the RASA kit. Thought it would be better when I upgraded in the future. Not to mention I get pretty decent temps at the clocks I run.
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
I had no problems on a i7 920 hitting 4ghz with the h50. Anything after that like using linX or Intel Burn Test seemed a little too much for the cooler after 4ghz. So since the h70 is a little better i would assume that 4.2ghz - 4.3ghz should be okay for it. But regular everyday stuff shouldn't be a issue with it though. As nothing will strain it like those test will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
To be quite honest, it's all about the voltage you're running. The higher the voltage, the higher the temps. Lower the voltage, lower the temps. On my E5300, 4.2Ghz @ 1.5V gets me 60C running IBT. But running 4Ghz @ 1.45V, I get about 53C running IBT. This is with roughly the same ambient temperature.

If you're dead set on getting a H50/70 then I'd opt for the H70. Smaller pump, dual fans, a little thicker rad. I was thinking about getting one or the other, but I decided to get the RASA kit. Thought it would be better when I upgraded in the future. Not to mention I get pretty decent temps at the clocks I run.
He has an amd chip... 4GHz, probably, 4.5GHz, no.
Current PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k Asus Maximus IV Extreme KFA2 GTX 580 Point of View GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LP Crucial M4 Some Samsung Custom Water Cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit NEC 30 inch Razer Black Widow Corsair AX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone TJ07-S Steelseries Xai Razer Destructor Sennheiser HD 800 
Audio
Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Current PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k Asus Maximus IV Extreme KFA2 GTX 580 Point of View GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LP Crucial M4 Some Samsung Custom Water Cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit NEC 30 inch Razer Black Widow Corsair AX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone TJ07-S Steelseries Xai Razer Destructor Sennheiser HD 800 
Audio
Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 25
1090T at 4.5 GHz on an H70 is going to require some low, low ambient temps. Otherwise, as an owner of an H70 on a 970, I can say with confidence that difference between the H70 and H50 is crap versus crappier.


Edited by adamlau - 1/20/11 at 7:08pm
ThermoChilled
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SuperClocked STT WX200UB2G7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX Sony Optiarc AD-7260S Arch Linux x86_64 + JWM NEC MultiSync PA241W-BK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87UKB Corsair CMPSU-850AX Lian Li Tyr PC-X500FX Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
ZOWIE GEAR P-TF 
  hide details  
Reply
ThermoChilled
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SuperClocked STT WX200UB2G7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX Sony Optiarc AD-7260S Arch Linux x86_64 + JWM NEC MultiSync PA241W-BK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87UKB Corsair CMPSU-850AX Lian Li Tyr PC-X500FX Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
ZOWIE GEAR P-TF 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Difference between H70 and H50?