Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › No keyboards work in Win7
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No keyboards work in Win7 - Page 2

post #11 of 34
Do that. Southbridge controls I/O so you may lack the drivers. This is the first time using this board for you, correct? Does your mouse work?

EDIT: @Xander, yes. PS/2 requires a restart to work. They are legacy and must be rebooted to work.
Edited by x Yoko - 1/20/11 at 6:03pm
post #12 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Yoko View Post
Do that. Southbridge controls I/O so you may lack the drivers. This is the first time using this board for you, correct? Does your mouse work?
Was that to me? If so okay. My mouse is USB and it works fine. So a simple restart should fix my PS2 problem then?
Main Rig (ITX)
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k ASUS H97I-PLUS EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti FTW Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Sandisk Z400s Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA 600B Corsair Obsidian 250D M-Audio Mobile Pre 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig (ITX)
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k ASUS H97I-PLUS EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti FTW Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Sandisk Z400s Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA 600B Corsair Obsidian 250D M-Audio Mobile Pre 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 34
read the edit ^^
post #14 of 34
have you thought of resetting the USB and PS2 jumpers? That worked for me..
post #15 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Yoko View Post
Do that. Southbridge controls I/O so you may lack the drivers. This is the first time using this board for you, correct? Does your mouse work?

EDIT: @Xander, yes. PS/2 requires a restart to work. They are legacy and must be rebooted to work.
No. I've had this board for about 2 months now. My mouse works fine. My xbox 360 receiver works fine. Its just the keyboards that don't work. All the other usb devices work fine.
post #16 of 34
That's definitely a service then, that rules HW out. Try the front USB port real quick, though...just in case.

Check manual (optional) updates from Windows updates and see if there are any updates for your KB. I think Windows is failing to start a service for your KB.

EDIT: Also, I know it's a stupid question...but you are installing the drivers for your KB from Cyborggaming.com for the right product, and the right OS, and the right architecture, correct?
Edited by x Yoko - 1/20/11 at 6:20pm
post #17 of 34
Thread Starter 
Nothing. Definitely seems like a service, especially when it says "device cannot start".
post #18 of 34
so format that sucker... Or uninstall all the drivers you can.
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Yoko View Post
That's definitely a service then, that rules HW out. Try the front USB port real quick, though...just in case.

Check manual (optional) updates from Windows updates and see if there are any updates for your KB. I think Windows is failing to start a service for your KB.

EDIT: Also, I know it's a stupid question...but you are installing the drivers for your KB from Cyborggaming.com for the right product, and the right OS, and the right architecture, correct?
^^^

EDIT: And as said, if all else fails or you aren't willing to determine what the source of the error is - Just reformat.
post #20 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jach11 View Post
so format that sucker... Or uninstall all the drivers you can.
I rather try to find the service that's messing up and restart it before I do that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › No keyboards work in Win7