Originally Posted by railfan844;12084825
1. This isn't a rumor, though it might not happen with ALL unlocks
2. It might not be the memory, but something's getting too much voltage. To restate, "The 6970 bios apparently, according to several people on YouTube etc, runs some components at the wrong voltage. In any case, some unlocks caused artifacting etc within weeks. I heard it might be the ram."
3. I'm not on anything. No one forced you to read this, I posted just because I know some people are counting on an unlock. As I tweak CPU's 90% of my time I don't know as much about gfx cards, but it definitely has caused some problems with unlocking. Anyway I thought it was worth getting out on OCN *just in case*.
1. Without proof, it's a rumor, show proof and we won't call it a rumor.
2. Unlocks causing artifacts? Really now? I never would have guessed attempting to use lower binned parts at higher than rated speeds would cause issues!
3. Anyone "counting" on an unlock is an idiot, enough said. You can't pay for something and expect more than what you paid for (Pay for 6950 and EXPECT a 6970)
Side note though, I read your title (which was a statement), then you asked a question for clarification on the statement you just made and then again reiterate the original statement in your next sentence.
I kinda understand why people think you're on something.