Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I just fell in love with the VSS in BC2 <3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I just fell in love with the VSS in BC2 <3 - Page 11

post #101 of 156
I use VSS only for Squad Deathmatch cause i don't want people to hear me shooting.
But yes, one of the best guns in the game.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K B85M-E R9 280X 8GB OCZ Gold 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 1TB WD caviar black Windows 7 LG W2353V 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 550VX NZXT Phantom Razer Tron Gaming Mouse Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K B85M-E R9 280X 8GB OCZ Gold 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 1TB WD caviar black Windows 7 LG W2353V 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 550VX NZXT Phantom Razer Tron Gaming Mouse Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
Sorry, let me replace it.

"Long distance assault and recon with tent attachment"

Better kid?
I guess it'll do...
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 156
They're not sniper rifles, they're marksman rifles. If you're a marksman up close, so be it.


Edited by fr0st. - 1/21/11 at 9:11am
post #104 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st. View Post
They're not sniper rifles, they're Marksman in some cases, Long engagement in other rifles. If you're a marksman up close, so be it.

Well, i'm not to sure when a fully automatic, and rather high rate of fire, almost submachine gun like gun's were called marksman rifles.
I know the VSS, I know where it comes from, I know it was more of a special role weapon.

It's a great gun, but the people who use it....not so much. The only reason they do well with it is because the run up and hose you with it...which in that case you could just use an XM8C which has more bullets.


But no, they need the hurr durr ghille suit and say it helps them. Which yeah, when your 900 yards back in a forest is perfectly acceptable, especially since at that point you would be using a Marksman or "Sniper" rifle. But the VSS is not meant to be used in that role, it's ment for closer combat...yet if it is meant for closer combat, why is it not part of the assault class?
post #105 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
Well, i'm not to sure when a fully automatic, and rather high rate of fire, almost submachine gun like gun's were called marksman rifles.
I know the VSS, I know where it comes from, I know it was more of a special role weapon.

It's a great gun, but the people who use it....not so much. The only reason they do well with it is because the run up and hose you with it...which in that case you could just use an XM8C which has more bullets.


But no, they need the hurr durr ghille suit and say it helps them. Which yeah, when your 900 yards back in a forest is perfectly acceptable, especially since at that point you would be using a Marksman or "Sniper" rifle. But the VSS is not meant to be used in that role, it's ment for closer combat...yet if it is meant for closer combat, why is it not part of the assault class?
Agreed with on every point.
post #106 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
Well, i'm not to sure when a fully automatic, and rather high rate of fire, almost submachine gun like gun's were called marksman rifles.
I know the VSS, I know where it comes from, I know it was more of a special role weapon.

It's a great gun, but the people who use it....not so much. The only reason they do well with it is because the run up and hose you with it...which in that case you could just use an XM8C which has more bullets.


But no, they need the hurr durr ghille suit and say it helps them. Which yeah, when your 900 yards back in a forest is perfectly acceptable, especially since at that point you would be using a Marksman or "Sniper" rifle. But the VSS is not meant to be used in that role, it's ment for closer combat...yet if it is meant for closer combat, why is it not part of the assault class?
Well, for those who dont know, such as you. There is no Sniper class, there is a recon class. That recon class is meant to work with your squad, not sit alone and snipe. He is the long range power house for the squad. He also has the motion balls that assault resupplies so you cannot get flanked. The vss is a weapon choice for recon so that they can sacrifice their extreme range for better medium and close range.

Assault is a class that excels at all ranges. Their weapons are better at long range than engineer or medics, they also have grenade launchers, or the can take smoke to cover their squad, or the 40mm for close quarters combat.

Honestly, if you arent working with your squad you are helping the other team.

As an example. lets say you are running around alone, and come across a squad, you kill 3 of them before you die. You did great right?????????? No you sucked hard, because they will simply pick up the medic kit in the squad and rez all the 3 guys who died, so you effectively killed nothing.
Edited by Vhati - 1/21/11 at 9:28am
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
Well, i'm not to sure when a fully automatic, and rather high rate of fire, almost submachine gun like gun's were called marksman rifles.
I know the VSS, I know where it comes from, I know it was more of a special role weapon.

It's a great gun, but the people who use it....not so much. The only reason they do well with it is because the run up and hose you with it...which in that case you could just use an XM8C which has more bullets.


But no, they need the hurr durr ghille suit and say it helps them. Which yeah, when your 900 yards back in a forest is perfectly acceptable, especially since at that point you would be using a Marksman or "Sniper" rifle. But the VSS is not meant to be used in that role, it's ment for closer combat...yet if it is meant for closer combat, why is it not part of the assault class?
I do somewhat agree with you here. I don't understand why people play the recon class with shotguns or the thompson, but hey if they like to play that way...
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhead91 View Post
I do somewhat agree with you here. I don't understand why people play the recon class with shotguns or the thompson, but hey if they like to play that way...
Because they're actually playing recon? Some players simply aren't good with the sniper rifles and you certainly don't need a sniper rifle if you're on the front lines throwing sensor balls and dishing out C4.
HK47
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX780 Samsung Green 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD RAID-0 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 2 x 3TB Seagate 7200.14 RAID-0 XSPC Raystorm, EX280, D5 Variant pump 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1 BenQ XL2420T Dell U2711 Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum-1000 Silverstone FT02B-WRI Razer Abyssus Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
HK47
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX780 Samsung Green 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD RAID-0 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 2 x 3TB Seagate 7200.14 RAID-0 XSPC Raystorm, EX280, D5 Variant pump 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1 BenQ XL2420T Dell U2711 Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum-1000 Silverstone FT02B-WRI Razer Abyssus Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojinglebells View Post
Because they're actually playing recon? Some players simply aren't good with the sniper rifles and you certainly don't need a sniper rifle if you're on the front lines throwing sensor balls and dishing out C4.
Yeah... I see your point, I would just use a different class, but like I said, that's just me.
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
Well, for those who dont know, such as you. There is no Sniper class, there is a recon class. That recon class is meant to work with your squad, not sit alone and snipe. He is the long range power house for the squad. He also has the motion balls that assault resupplies so you cannot get flanked. The vss is a weapon choice for recon so that they can sacrifice their extreme range for better medium and close range.

Assault is a class that excels at all ranges. Their weapons are better at long range than engineer or medics, they also have grenade launchers, or the can take smoke to cover their squad, or the 40mm for close quarters combat.

Honestly, if you arent working with your squad you are helping the other team.

As an example. lets say you are running around alone, and come across a squad, you kill 3 of them before you die. You did great right?????????? No you sucked hard, because they will simply pick up the medic kit in the squad and rez all the 3 guys who died, so you effectively killed nothing.
See I KNOW about recon, I know how to play it, I know about the motion sensors and all the little things, but the problem is simply:

The people who play recon ALMOST ALWAYS grab a sniper rifle and sit in a corner, not helping the team at all. They just shoot at other snipers, who in turn shoot back.

So we have medics, engies, and assaults all fighting it out on the ground, while snipers are sitting on opposite sides of the map trying to see who can hit the other snipers first.

They don't HELP the ground offensive, they attack the other snipers who are to busy concentrating on killing other snipers to actually snipe out the medics and assaults. If that makes sense.

Really I don't hate recon's, i play it when i want to be a sneaky little bugger, but I don't like how people seem to think recon = sit in the corner and pick off other snipers, it does nothing for your own team.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I just fell in love with the VSS in BC2 <3